Because everyone around me is sick of hearing about Disney!Our Oct 15 PTR update 8/17

I had to read your PTR once I saw the title :laughing: I so relate.

I am ADR obsessed right now too. We love Tusker and have done it the past 4 trips but might skip it this one to try something else at AK for once. Obviously I highly recommend it!

So I was going to update yesterday but i lost my post somehow!
Oh well:confused:

Hello everyone!:goodvibes

TODAY'S COUNTDOWN IS 270 DAYS!

I am so excited. First my DS started basketball this year in the county training league with 4,5,and 6 year old kids. He had a game Friday and he got his first basket!!!! I think I was more excited and even though they do not keep score in this league I was so proud. Just at the beginning of the month he could not even dribble the ball but now he dribbles and shoots. He still needs time but I am already proud!

ry%3D480

Seeing the little kids play is so cute! I love how they support each other. Whenever a kid masks a basket they all give each other fives and if someone falls, they make sure he is ok!

Now onto Disney!

I have decided that we will pay OOP for food and if free dining is offered then we will get the dining plan. I am kind of nervous it was just so much more convenient. I figured I would just use the cost of the dining plan on a Disney gift card and use that for food!
Park hours are not out but I have a plan based on last year hours. I'm in like planning overload right now! I can't stop!
This is on the premises that we do not get park hoppers. I think with 9 days we could really get away without them but once I figure out our must-dos I can get a better idea of how much time we need. Here is the in my head maybe plan. . .

Saturday:
Arrival day. :cool1:
Drive and arrive around 1pm
Head out for MK PM EMH about 6.

Sunday:
No alarms
MNSSHP if offered! Usually it is on a Sunday but I did notice one day it was not.:confused3

Monday:
Sleep in, which means 8am for my kid!
Epcot
Start with food and wine and end in future world with some FP+

Tuesday:
AK
Tusker house 8am

Wednesday:
Kona Breaakfest
Epcot
Start in Future world this time
Then end with Food and wine booths/World showcase

Thursday:
MK closes at 7
DTD in the evening with dinner at T-rex

Friday:
HS
Hollywood and vine lunch! WE go here for the past two years and love this place. No sure why it gets bad reviews?:confused3

saturday:
8AM crystal palace
MK
we will break and come back
MK pm emh and hoping to do wishes dessert party

sunday:
departure day
No plans except Drive home

We decided to scrap the idea of US/IOA for a few reasons. One even though my son will be 6 and loves spongebob, we live in GA and i am going to plan a few days next spring break where he will be a few months older. Second, for the 100 dollars for a a\one day 2 park ticket, even though we have done this before, I do not want to feel rushed. Finally we can save that money and pay an extra 10 dollars for another park day and not try to squeeze AK before mnsshp. we haven't been to AK in two years so I really want to make it over there!

We're planning for MNSSHP the same day as you! I'm hoping it's that day - we did the party on a Sunday last year and had a great time! Are you guys dressing up for the party? Any ideas on what you'll be?

I had to read your PTR once I saw the title :laughing: I so relate.

I am ADR obsessed right now too. We love Tusker and have done it the past 4 trips but might skip it this one to try something else at AK for once. Obviously I highly recommend it!

I am so happy to find others who can relate. It has gotten to the point where if I mention the word Disney even without talking about the world or the trip, I get the crazy look!:rotfl2:

I am really excited to try Tusker House. My DS said chef mickeys but this is a little bit cheaper and he can see mickey there. Im not expecting free dining but if it is offered we could do both!:goodvibes

We're planning for MNSSHP the same day as you! I'm hoping it's that day - we did the party on a Sunday last year and had a great time! Are you guys dressing up for the party? Any ideas on what you'll be?
Yah!
Fingers crossed it works out!::yes::
You know every year i plan on dressing up and never do.:confused3 I really want to but I am a plus size girl so my options are limited and I am not creative or even somewhat able enough to make anything:faint:
I really think I just want to be plain old Minnie.
Then I am considering Alice in wonderland and maybe mad hatter for DS or a pirate maybe it is pretty simple enough for me
Toy story is also an option. My DS already has a costume from last year that was big on him so if it still fits!
In fact I have so many ideas running through my head im in overload but I think Minnie is my top choice.

I am so confused with this new format. It will take me a while to get use to it but I do miss the old look. My eyes hurt! anyway here we go!
TODAY'S COUNTDOWN : 256 DAYS

Pretty much the only thing I wanted to say was we have changed our resort or more like added a split stay!

I really have this idea to stay at every Disney resort, even if for just one night and lets face it. With these prices, one night will be enough. I rented DVC points before but decided against it due to my recent job change. well I contacted a few and even tried to rent on here with no luck. I really wanted Boardwalk villas to be close to EPCOT for F&W but apparently that is what everyone does. Not a single studio for my entire week! So then I thought about the grand Floridian villas. I mean those prices are outrageous so if I were to stay, this would be it. So i contacted my rental company and one was available but because they want all the money up front. I had to wait two days and of course , the studios were no longer available. DS would have loved that splash area so I was kind of bummed. I basically had few options left. I think i really would have like the villas at wilderness lodge. There new splash area was cool too but ultimately we decided on another option.

baylake-tower-story-01-v1.jpg

picture from http://parksandresorts2.wdpromedia..../resorts/slides/baylake-tower-story-01-v1.jpg

Bay Lake Tower!

I have always wanted to stay at the contemporary and this is close enough! this will be perfect for the end of our stay since we will be at MK and Epcot on those days!

OMG - yay!!!! You will looooove Bay Lake Tower!!!!! It's been our favorite so far. You will be loving it the most when you can just walk back from MK, especially after MNSSHP! I'm so excited for you!!! I've been dying to stay there again, but everyone wanted to try something different this year!

I hear you on the costumes. We tried matching our group of 8 last year. Basically, we had Mickey pirates tees made - all the same, just different colour tees for each person. Then, for the girls, I made matching tutus for all of us. Then throw on a pirate bandana, and we were good to go! They were comfy and easy to pack. This year - I just don't know?!?!? I always start overthinking the costume thing too, LOL!!! I was throwing the idea around of everyone dressing like they're favorite video game character - we'll see!!!

Following along!

We're (I am, really) planning a trip in October and I think my husband is already sick of hearing about it. I'm still kind of waiting for dates, but would love to do the MNSSHP too. It will be our son's first trip (he'll be almost 2 1/2).

Your son is adorable! That picture of him on Splash is priceless!

OMG - yay!!!! You will looooove Bay Lake Tower!!!!! It's been our favorite so far. You will be loving it the most when you can just walk back from MK, especially after MNSSHP! I'm so excited for you!!! I've been dying to stay there again, but everyone wanted to try something different this year!

I hear you on the costumes. We tried matching our group of 8 last year. Basically, we had Mickey pirates tees made - all the same, just different colour tees for each person. Then, for the girls, I made matching tutus for all of us. Then throw on a pirate bandana, and we were good to go! They were comfy and easy to pack. This year - I just don't know?!?!? I always start overthinking the costume thing too, LOL!!! I was throwing the idea around of everyone dressing like they're favorite video game character - we'll see!!!

I am excited!m I would like to try every resort but my budget only allows for value or I just refuse to pay deluxe prices. Renting points made it so much more affordable!
yeah those costumes. I will spend months thinking about it and will most likely end up just wearing a Halloween tshirt!

Following along!

We're (I am, really) planning a trip in October and I think my husband is already sick of hearing about it. I'm still kind of waiting for dates, but would love to do the MNSSHP too. It will be our son's first trip (he'll be almost 2 1/2).

Your son is adorable! That picture of him on Splash is priceless!

Yah! welcome on! yeah! everyone is sick of me here! Yah! first trips are so much fun!!!! im dying to get to MNSSHP!

I am excited!m I would like to try every resort but my budget only allows for value or I just refuse to pay deluxe prices. Renting points made it so much more affordable!
yeah those costumes. I will spend months thinking about it and will most likely end up just wearing a Halloween tshirt!

LOL - that's what we ended up doing last year - matching tee shirts! I'm hoping for something more creative this year, LOL!!! And, oh yeah, I hear you on the renting points! That has been such a money saver for us - love it!!!

We are planning on visiting October 24-31, and it will be our first MNSSHP, so I look forward to reading more!

Last trip we did the first lunch ADR for Tusker House, I think it was 11:05, and it was perfect! The lunch was all hot and fresh, but most of the breakfast items were still available. We LOVED it and it's a must-do for us. We had FPs for the safari afterwards and it was nice to sit for a bit after stuffing our faces :laughing:

We are planning on visiting October 24-31, and it will be our first MNSSHP, so I look forward to reading more!

Last trip we did the first lunch ADR for Tusker House, I think it was 11:05, and it was perfect! The lunch was all hot and fresh, but most of the breakfast items were still available. We LOVED it and it's a must-do for us. We had FPs for the safari afterwards and it was nice to sit for a bit after stuffing our faces :laughing:

You will love MNSSHP at least I hope you do! I feel in love with it but missed it last year. Cannot wait! I am excited to try tusker house I've been trying for about two years! It is going to happen this time!

Life update!
TODAY'S COUNTDOWN: 238 DAYS!!

I hope everyone enjoyed your holiday, presidents day! Our kids had a winter break and then got a extra day for the weather! The thought of snow in Georgia and we go crazy! My kid got a even extra day cause of the dr! He had a check up. my poor child is going through a lot! He got shots today and I felt so bad because he asked me several times and I said no but because he started school at 3 instead of 4 he missed some but dr informed me that he has until 6 just most people start school at 4. Then he has to see an audiologist because he failed his hearing test and he can hear! I'm not sure what happened but he had a test with one years ago because of his speech and he was fine but it is better to check! I think it is due to those ear infections he gets a lot. Then he has to get to the dentist for some things done! Dentist says he will need braces when he is older like me and he is getting a spacer like I had to get as a child. Poor child inherited my bad teeth! Then tomorrow, he has to go to baseball tryouts. Why does recreation have tryouts. Kids should just be placed on teams!!

However besides that my child was student of month! Teachers say he is smart and he is already on his words sight list of 8! Apparently for pre k that's real good! They have even started him on books for reading. And in more good news with everything we got going on dev finished his first basketball season and starts baseball for the first time this week! Unfortunately due to my work I messed his ceremony but I completely blessed my parents were able to take him with his team to blowing ally and party! He loves bowling so much we are planning Splitsville in DTD the morning of our MNSSHP day!
Here are a few pics my mom made bless her!

image1.jpeg image1.JPG image2.JPG

I am so proud of my little man! I wish things could be better for him but I am trying the best I can!
So have you guys heard the rumor about ticket prices going up this weekend?

Last edited:
Hi there :wave2:

I love the title of your PTR, and I can certainly relate! I remember your trip report and trip video from when Devyn turned 4. Your plans look exciting so far. It is my dream to stay at Bay Lake Tower one day:goodvibes Congratulations on Devyn's achievements, you are doing great :thumbsup2. Savor these years because they go by too fast, especially once they start school and have a variety of extracurricular activity schedules. My DS6 started kindergarten this past August and he really thinks he is a grown man now :laughing:. My oldest two (twins)recently became teenagers :faint: and my baby dd who is 14 mos old is starting to run away from me :laughing:
Yes, I've been reading about the ticket price increases. Being a mom of five and a Disney fan, it pains me to say that with the pricing trend our future Disney trips are limited :sad:
The Halloween party and Food and Wine are definitely on our Disney bucket list, so much so that we are really considering a late September or early October trip. Happy planning, and we'll never get sick of you talking about Disney on here :sunny:

Hi there :wave2:

I love the title of your PTR, and I can certainly relate! I remember your trip report and trip video from when Devyn turned 4. Your plans look exciting so far. It is my dream to stay at Bay Lake Tower one day:goodvibes Congratulations on Devyn's achievements, you are doing great :thumbsup2. Savor these years because they go by too fast, especially once they start school and have a variety of extracurricular activity schedules. My DS6 started kindergarten this past August and he really thinks he is a grown man now :laughing:. My oldest two (twins)recently became teenagers :faint: and my baby dd who is 14 mos old is starting to run away from me :laughing:
Yes, I've been reading about the ticket price increases. Being a mom of five and a Disney fan, it pains me to say that with the pricing trend our future Disney trips are limited :sad:
The Halloween party and Food and Wine are definitely on our Disney bucket list, so much so that we are really considering a late September or early October trip. Happy planning, and we'll never get sick of you talking about Disney on here :sunny:

Hello my dear!!!!
Thank you! I know I tend to brag about him a lot!:mic:
Teenagers!!! I do not want to think about that age. He already does not like me to refer to him as a baby.
I understand your concern about those prices. I am too especially since I am in the process of getting a DVC resale. Makes no sense if I cannot get the money to buy the tickets and then you have to pay adult prices when the kids turn 10!:(

Yah! I'm so glad to be here where no one is sick of hearing about Disney!!:yay::yay::sunny:

Well in Georgia specifically the atlanta area. People are going crazy! School was cancelled for dev today for weather but it hasent even rained yet on our part of town! I am so confised why we go to the store.I mean if the storm is really that bad the power is a no go so all that food is spoiled. Just get some bread and peanut butter oh but if you have allergies. uh oh!
HOWEVER,
because i chose healthcare as my career and not education where i get holidays, summers, and snow days off i have to be at work. I was told to bring a bag in case I had to stay! well I am not staying! I am hoping that what i read about snow is correct at 3 am where I will be already at home. I understand the hospital is open 24-7 but 50% of people who come to the ER do not have a real emergency! I am just saying. well I am on my way in the door!
Be safe!!!

TODAY'S COUNTDOWN: 234 DAYS

Two new things!

First!
So I am sure you guys heard that MNSSHP dates were released today with tickets going on sale in April!
Yeah! pretty much freaking out with excitement and it is not even March!
We will be attending Sunday October 18th!
If anyone can give me some costumes ideas and how to make them! I will love you forever! Basically my best bet is to buy something. I even have already looked online and I had no idea that costumes were so expensive. DS already has a buzz costume that may still fit this year, so I was thinking of going as Jessie. Then I thought maybe we could go as Alice and the mad hatter! I would look a mess in a that wig though!. I do this every year and end up just wearing a shirt. Maybe I will just take DS to pirates league and he can get a costume and I can just wear a shirt!

Second!
My mom and I decided to go in together and purchase a

WAIT FOR IT

:rolleyes1

a Resale DVC Contract!!!:yay::yay:

Yes we have!
We went on a DVC tour about two years ago but the price was just not reachable at that time. At that point they were selling AKV at 160 a point with a 100 point min I think! our resale was $72 a point!
The contract was sent to ROFR. ROFR is for resale contracts where Disney has the option to buy the contract themselves! Disney please do not buy mine, I want it. It is a way for Disney to sale DVC at older resorts. When someone express interest on a resort that is sold out, they go on a wait list. Disney will then sell them the contract on those Disney prices. So at this point all we do is wait and see if we pass and then we close! We have rented DVC points in the past including renting for BLT this year. I know that we will continue our yearly visits to WDW and even if my DS gets to the point where he is not for it, I can have some nice Disney time alone!

Today's countdown: 229 Days

It's March folks! We should be seeing October hours in a week or so and I can master all the plans floating around in my head! I cannot be the only one excited. we got some wonderful things going on in the household. Baseball for DS starts tomorrow! His team name is the red sox! with white! I can see it covered in baseball dirt as we speak!:worried:

We got some Disney mail the other day! and I guess I deleted those pictures because I cannot find them! however I got some pics for you. About a week or so ago, Disney store online had 25% off your purchase. I cannot help myself. I got another alex and ani bracelet! It is only my fourth but I am addicted especially since I only got my first one in December.
My plan is to surprise DS on his birthday that we are going. My plan is a bug box with some goodies, a coupon book made by mel here on the dis, and a countdown. I found a cute easy countdown to make online where I will just print it off on come card stock get a dollar picture frame from dollar general along with a dry erase marker to change the date everyday. He also had a fit about some lego stuff he found. Lucky for him I had a gift card and some old navy reward dollars that I was able to purchase them with which will also be given on his birthday! I am pretty much set and his bday is not until September!:)
Here is some of our goodies!

I actually got this shirt a while ago as part of the sepcial edition shirts. DS is obseesed with trains especially the monorail so this is perfect for him. I got me one as well!:sad2: I am a mess :)

IMG_5061.JPG

Next are those lego items I was telling you about. We went to legoland a little over a year ago so we are skipping this year!

IMG_5063.JPG

This is a Vera Bradley I have been eyeing a while. I actually got this last year but I been carrying it alot lately but I am going to use this as my park bag! at least for now!

IMG_5064.JPG

Next is an autograph book and 2015 Disney picture book. Usually I get a scrapbook but I currently have three of those from previous trips that are not finished and one I haven't even started so if i keep that up i am going to end up with scrapbooks full of nothing. I decided to just do a yearly picture book. DS likes those in this digital world! I have made autograph books in the past and do not feel like doing that again. Maybe if I had the creative ability of some of the other disers but I just have too much trouble with homemade things of this nature!

IMG_5069.JPG

Finally i got this giant pen for the dollar store. The plush characters loved it for ease of use and they are only a dollar and will fit in my bag!

IMG_5066.JPG

So here is my small shopping update. There probably wont be one of those for a whileo_O

Loving your goodies you got:) I love the Disney store and will be making a special visit to the MOA Mall of America to get some stuff for our surprise trip. I'm still new and reading reading reading but DH and (I...shh) have fallen in love with BLT. Not the price but then again I know our visit may only happen once so I better savor it! I can't wait to read more and watch your trip unfold!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter