Be Our Guest blew my socks off!!!

Fantasyland was open for dress rehearsal so we were able to see Belle's village, Gaston's Pub etc. What a wonderful addition. It is PERFECT!

We had lunch at BOG and that experience is one of our vacation highlights for sure. All 3 rooms are soooo cool. We sat in the main dining room. The one that is the Beast's Ballroom. Loved the dark room too. Very different feel but equally great.

We went back last night and the place was just packed to the rafters.

Lunch menu was very nice and it all tasted wonderful. Love the fancy carts they push around and deliver your meals.

I was so thrilled to get to spend time there and it far exceeded my expectations. Going back again tonight, just cuz I love the atmosphere and vibe.

We are definitely considering BOG for one of our dinners next July. I'm really looking forward to reading more reviews!

Can someone tell me what the differnce is between the 3 dining rooms for lunch. Is one more quiet?:woohoo:

I see you wrote this on 11-15. Is that the day you ate lunch there? We ate lunch there that day. Early lunch around 11:30. When we left there was a pretty long line. We took a survey when we were done with our meal. I had the braised pork meal and it was delicious. Hubby had the ham and cheese sandwich with pom frittes, he liked it. For dessert I had the sugar free pastry puff and my Husband had the passion fruit pastry puff. Both were good. I would defineteley go back for the pork meal. We too ate in the ballroom. It was my favorite room. We first checked all 3 rooms out and then choose to eat in the ballroom, although the west wing was pretty full when we looked at it.

Can someone tell me what the differnce is between the 3 dining rooms for lunch. Is one more quiet?:woohoo:

hmmm I would guess that since the West wing is a smaller room and to the left that it might be the quietest room. It is without a doubt the darkest room!

By pure dumb luck, we managed to get in for dinner on Wednesday (11/14) and lunch on Thursday (11/15). I was impressed. We were sat in the ballroom for dinner, right next to the snowy windows. The food was excellent. I had the salmon, and DH had the pork. We both agreed that the pork was better. We also had the French onion soup, a strawberry cupcake, and a lemon cupcake. All were terrific.
For lunch, we snagged a table in the west wing. I had the croque monsieur, and DH had the turkey sandwich. I would go back for the croque monsieur alone. Soooo good.
The west wing is really dark, even for lunch. I would almost suggest that they turn the lighting up just a tad for lunch hours. But it was also my favorite room. The theming is just outstanding. I really like that the tables are well spaced (so they can get the carts through), but it gives diners a bit more space than most restaurants.

hmmm I would guess that since the West wing is a smaller room and to the left that it might be the quietest room. It is without a doubt the darkest room!

Do not choose the West Wing if you want quiet. There is a thunderstorm in there. They keep it very dark, apparently that is how the effects in the room work best. If you like special effects this is the room for you. If you are not comfortable eating in the dark with a thunderstorm, you may want to choose a different room.

Ha, like a lot of y'all, we also snagged a dinner reservation at BOG on 11/15. We and the others around us were so excited! Yes, we were practically sitting with the table next to us. We had an early time since we were doing the party that night. We had the garden salad (very good since I like salad to taste like salad), french onion (not quite as good as Le Chefs without beef broth), the steak (very good and peppery, mayo with french fries addictive), salmon (very good though I prefer it a little rarer which is not going to happen at WDW), chocolate and lemon/raspberry cream puffs (both good and soft and fresh). We also had the chimay blue which is one of my favorite beers, and the pinot gris. Sat in the ballroom which is gorgeous but looked at all the rooms

We went for lunch last Friday, during "Dress Rehearsal" of New Fantasyland. It had been opened up to everyone at about 10 am. They started letting in the line at 10:30. Even though there was a long line, we got in the building in about 5 minutes. We were in line inside no more than 10 minutes.

The ballroom is the largest room, and the noisiest. Sound seems to reverberate off the walls in there more. Not overly noisy, but the noisiest. The West Wing is smaller than I expected, quieter except for the sound effects. We ate in the Rose Room, the medium-size of the three rooms, and it was by far the quietest. It had the least number of people in it, and it seemed to absorb more sound. Since the ordering area dumps you into the ballroom, and you have to walk through it to get to the other rooms, there is more traffic in that room. The Rose and West Wing are on the edges, so there is no thru-traffic, although people do visit the rooms to look, but it wasn't disturbing.

We had French Onion Soup (great), the tuna salad (my DH ate this, he said it was ok, but he wouldn't get it again), and the quiche. I was looking forward to the quiche as I Love quiche, but I was disappointed in it. You couldn't taste the vegetables, they were there but had no taste, and I could taste no cheese in the quiche. It was light and not heavy at all, but tasted like scrambled eggs in crust, and that was all. Bleck. So I wouldn't get that again. The salad on the side was full of frisee lettuce, which I personally don't like because it is bitter. Also the vinegrette for the salad was rather bitter, no sweetness or tang or anything. I'm not fond of vinegrette dressings anyway, but this one I really didn't like, and my DH who usually does like vinegrettes, didn't much care for this one, either. And it seems this is the only dressing choice. If I got something from there again with salad, I think I will bring in a dressing packet with me, so I can have a dressing I like! I wish they had choices there (I didn't see another choice, at least).

We ordered three desserts (we couldn't decide). We had the chocolate cupcake (pretty good), the strawberry cream cheese cupcake (ok, but the only strawberry taste it had was the strawberry on top of it! It tasted just like plain white cake with a slight cream cheese taste. It was good, but I was disappointed there was no actual strawberry flavor in the cake that we could detect. There did seem to be a pink filling, but when I tasted it, I only tasted sweet, not strawberry), and passion fruit cream puff. The cream puff was great. We love the flavor of passion fruit, and this is a larger cream puff with lots of filling, and it's not overly sweet.

We will eat here again, but will definitely get other items! The rooms are all beautiful, and it is huge. Ordering is easy, you can request dressing on the side, or tossed into the salad. Service was very quick, too.

I've been trying to snag a dinner ADR for our planned trip in at the end February...but no luck so far. I guess we'll have to plan on a lunch instead....but I won't give up so easily, i will keep trying.

I figured a table for 2 would be easy to obtain ? :confused3

Good to hear. I've been trying to get a ressie for Christmas week but everything that week is unavailable. Same goes for CRT. For the bad reviews that place gets, it's booked for our whole trip.

DisneyRookie2007 said:
I've been trying to snag a dinner ADR for our planned trip in at the end February...but no luck so far. I guess we'll have to plan on a lunch instead....but I won't give up so easily, i will keep trying.

I figured a table for 2 would be easy to obtain ? :confused3

We have been trying as well for the end of February with no luck. We are planning on lunch also if we do not get one. Good luck!

Just what Disney needs -- another noisy, crowded restaurant with sound effects where you order on a computer screen and the food is delivered on a cart. Sounds like T-Rex on steroids. We'll skip it.

Sounds like you're the minority, ElizabethB, lol!

We're looking forward to trying BOG for lunch for our January trip - been trying like crazy to get ADR but we booked our trip just a couple of weeks ago so we're behind to begin with......

For lunch, can you go in and find a table first, get settled and send someone up to do the ordering?

Apparently not. Everyone is sent through the ordering room before they get access to the dining room. If you have someone who must sit for medical reasons I would ask the cast members how to handle that.

We are going to do lunch there! I was excited to see it's a QS meal! Woo! How long does it take to get through the order line and into the dining room? I need to see some pics! Off to search! :thumbsup2

No alcohol at lunch. Dinner only.

Took about 10-15 minutes to get through the line, but that was at a passholder preview with limited admittance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter