Be Our Guest blew my socks off!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by GeneralTso, Nov 15, 2012.

1. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

I'm curious to hear some reports about the wait at lunch now that is in general peviews.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. A_Princess'_Daddy

A_Princess'_Daddy DIS Veteran

We went for lunch on Saturday which was still, I believe, technically a preview day but everything was open to the general public except Storytime with Belle, and we were told out front that the wait time for lunch would be about 25-30 minutes, but in reality it was about 20 minutes. The process went extremely smoothly (with the exception of the guest ordering in front of us who restarted their order four times because they couldn't figure out how to work the system, but I chalk that up to user error as it was obvious to me, standing behind them, what they were doing wrong but they were stubborn) and the meal was by far the best CS I've eaten in the MK, and possibly the best CS in all of WDW. The ambiance was incredible, and the presentation of the food in the dining room was really neat (as was the fact that they "find you" on their own, using the RFID in the little rose they give you when you check in).

We then had dinner there last night and I cannot say enough positive things about the meal, the setting, and even the service, which was remarkably smooth and unrushed (despite the fact that the place was packed). I had the pork chop and it was really moist and tender. The mac & cheese au gratin was good, not spectacular but I'm not a massive mac & cheese fan. The French Onion soup was delicious and really cheesy; the crouton could have benefited from a toasting prior to being placed in the soup, but that is a very minor issue. My wife had the salmon and it was really good, as was the leek fondue served with it. The desserts were also tasty, and the table-side service was a very nice presentation.

Overall, BOG blows any other MK restaurant out of the water in terms of food quality, atmosphere, service, and even price. What was most amazing to me was that, after our TIW discount, the meal was almost $40 less than our dinner the night before at Biergarten (where we also used TIW) and the meal was far better (and we love Biergarten).

4. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

I'd definitely stop in for lunch one day if the wait was only 20 minutes. But even if it was open to everyone Saturday, it wasn't publicized in advance that it would be. I think the only days that came with prior notice it would definitely be open to all were Monday 11/19 forward.

Thanks for your report!

5. magicaldisney

magicaldisney DIS Veteran

What is the process? Is it difficult to figure out?

6. magicaldisney

How about getting a table for a party of 9? Will that be difficult? Do they have larger seating areas?

7. LoveRafiki

LoveRafiki Mouseketeer DVC Gold

We will go to MK on Thursday -- (have ADR for Liberty Tree for dinner) - would like to do lunch at BOG - any ideas on when we should "get in line" for this?
    THANKS

8. dawnball

dawnball <font color=red>bouncie bouncie...<br><font color=

No, and doing it that way would take -forever-, because the person "going up" would be at the back of a long line across the bridge.

If there's a reason your party can't all go in together, there is a workaround, but the capacity for it is pretty limited. The inside part of the line is fairly short (by Disney standards), and you don't need to carry your food to your table, so most parties should be able to stay together for ordering and finding a table.

What you can do is order, find a table, get settled, and then send someone up to fetch fountain drinks/silverware/napkins/straws/etc.

magicaldisney: There are larger tables, and some groups would push together a table for six and a table for four. The ordering process is pretty simple and the screens lead you through it step by step.

The kiosk assembles your food into "meals" for the dining plan, and some of our party was concerned that they would get someone else's dessert because we didn't order entrees, drinks and desserts in the same order. It wasn't an issue, because the meal groupings are only a convenience to help you.

9. GeneralTso

GeneralTso DIS Veteran

At lunch, the ordering process is easy and there are plenty of staff there to help you.

Essentially, you get a Red Rose (sensor thing) and you touch the sensor at the screen where you order. It's easy, nothing too difficult at all. There are many (maybe 10?) screen stations to order. After that, you find a seat in 1 of the 3 differently themed dining rooms. The largest is the Beast's Ballroom, which has exquisite chandeliers! It's also "snowing" outside the castle and it is so beautiful to see.

Servers serve you from beautiful, wooden rolling carts---tres Francais!!!

We did not have a wait at all. Just walked up, and got in. I think crowds will depend on whether it's preview or completely open.

The place is HUGE so that helps. Plus, it moves really fast.

A sweet little detail--the pop station. Also themed and very cool.

10. Hej2222

Hej2222 Mouseketeer

I would love to hear from someone who had lunch at BOG after the soft opening on November 19. We have a child with special needs who does not tolerate lines well, and I was planning to wait in line by myself until it is time to order while she waits somewhere else in a quiet place. Does such an option exist at BOG? I tried for months to get an ADR for dinner, but it did not happen, so lunch is our only option (or just skipping BOG entirely). How long was the wait on November 19 or after, and was early or late lunch less crowded?

11. magicaldisney

Thanks for all the information guys. Looking forward to trying it very soon!

12. dawnball

dawnball <font color=red>bouncie bouncie...<br><font color=

I'd give a qualified "yes".

1) You won't be reunited until after you order.
    2) "quiet" can be pretty relative in the FLE. It's crowded, people are confused and not sure how everything works yet, so there's more chaos than there otherwise would be. The view off the bridge is fairly pleasant and relaxing though, and she should be able to hang out there for some/most of the time.
    3) Timing can be problematic. We had problems with cell phones not working (particularly in the ordering area, but in the seating area as well) at BOG.