• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV pool closed twice.

Royal Caribbean does not allow children in diapers (swim included) into their pools. Unfortunately, some people get around that by taking the diaper off and allowing their child in the pool. As soon as they get out, diaper goes back on. The worst part is, I've seen many people do that right at the pool. It's horrible that some people think only of themselves. :mad:

On one cruise that I was on a lady was fighting with one of the pool deck workers because he saw what was going on and told her her child couldn't go in. Words flew and she used the "I paid a lot of money and nobody said that they couldn't swim" line. If she had only read her cruise documents :sad2:

At Pop last trip the CM was putting out the "poll is temporarily closed" sign and I asked if there was a storm coming or something... he said "nope. it was a code brown"
:rotfl:

Royal Caribbean does not allow children in diapers (swim included) into their pools. Unfortunately, some people get around that by taking the diaper off and allowing their child in the pool.

Selfish and gross:mad:

I agree really really gross and rude. I love when people say "but I paid a lot of money for this trip"(so I can do what I want) HELLO, EVERYONE paid a lot of money for this trip. I know it, but am constantly amazed at how much people don't care about anyone but themselves.

You think this is a problem now, wait until all us old goats hit those pools. We're growing fast.:rolleyes1

How long do they have to shut down the pool? At our old community pool, they said they had to shock it for 24 hours! This happened twice while we were members.

Swim diapers do not absorb, they contain. Water flows through and flows out.

It happens everywhere.

My nephew puked in the pool room at a non-Disney hotel, and they had to close the pool. Not in the pool, but they still had to close it.

Kari was telling me the difference between how much dirt disney allows in the pools compared to other water parks. And Disney keeps thier pools nearly spotless in comparrison. I was completly shocked.

Surprisingly enough, I've never had this happen to me on our trips there.

that still isn't going to do anything. Face it if you see a kid in swim diapers you can almost be 100% certain there is pee in that pool

I would say if you see a kid, any kid, swim diaper or not, there is a good chance there will be pee in the pool. Just how it is with most kids. I would only hope that the swim diaper would keep the poop out.

It happens everywhere.

My nephew puked in the pool room at a non-Disney hotel, and they had to close the pool. Not in the pool, but they still had to close it.

A few years ago, DH took the kids to get lunch, and ice cream and then swimming---BAD bad idea. Youngest closed the pool by puking:headache: She was mortified. People were actually YELLING at her--She was 4:guilty:

I would say if you see a kid, any kid, swim diaper or not, there is a good chance there will be pee in the pool...

I would probably go as far as to say if there are more than 20 people in a pool, there is probably pee in it too. Even if they are all adults- People are gross.

Royal Caribbean does not allow children in diapers (swim included) into their pools. Unfortunately, some people get around that by taking the diaper off and allowing their child in the pool. As soon as they get out, diaper goes back on. The worst part is, I've seen many people do that right at the pool. It's horrible that some people think only of themselves. :mad:

:

Disney Cruise Line doesn't let kids in swim diapers in the pools either, they have a little "ear" that is for them and its like a empty pool with a fountain spraying up but the selfish clods still just take off the swim diapers and say "oh they are potty trained" (I swear Disney Cruise Line has the smartest 1 year olds around!!) and they put them in the pools. 3 times on one cruise the pool had to be closed- they totally empty it, scrub it and refill it!!! It takes hours....so just so little johnny or sally don't have to be told no they can't go in the pool thousands of people are effected!!

A few years ago, DH took the kids to get lunch, and ice cream and then swimming---BAD bad idea. Youngest closed the pool by puking:headache: She was mortified. People were actually YELLING at her--She was 4:guilty:

That makes me SOOOO mad. Like she could help it. What is wrong with people. :( I would have killed Dh though, lol.

I teach a class in pool operation and maintenance, and CDC has some specific guidelines on what needs to be done in the case of a fecal accident in the pool. Because the chlorine residual that is typically kept in the pool is not high enough to inactivate some organisms (especially crypto) the level needs to be raised to a higher level. It depends on whether it is a solid formed stool or a diarrheal discharge. The pool then needs to be closed for 1/2 hour (formed) or 13 hrs. for diarrheal. :crazy2:

I would probably go as far as to say if there are more than 20 people in a pool, there is probably pee in it too. Even if they are all adults- People are gross.

Too funny. And true. If you've ever been to an AI with a swim-up bar you'd know that you are basically sitting in a pool of pee. Some people sit at the bar for hours swilling beer and never leave to use the restroom:confused3 After it occurred to me that I was the only one that kept losing their seat at the bar due to potty runs, I got completely grossed out:scared1: Didn't stop me from sitting there though:woohoo:

It happened during our stay at BCV last July. SAB had to be closed due to poop in the pool. :scared1: I was there & saw it. :crazy2: Very gross.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter