BCV mockup renovation room nearing completion.

We go to Disney for the theming and we spend more time in our room and resort than we do the parks. If the rooms look as bad in person as the do in the pictures, we will be selling some contracts. We can stay local in our neighborhood and get a similar room for far less money.

Sad.

:earsboy: Bill

Ahh, Bill......just pack your Owner's Locker with a few stuffed Mickey and Minnie shaped pillows, some Disney tea towels and pot holders for the kitchen, Disney towels for the bath, bring some tictac and hang a poster with a pic of the Castle or some of them Princesses. (TicTac doesn't mar anything for those that will accuse you of damage.)

Put some Disney coconut candies on the coffee table, pick up some Disney coffee and cups for the morning.

Have the Disney Florist drop of some of that Fairytale wine with some Disney etched wine glasses and grab a few cheeses and crackers for sitting on the balcony later on.

Now you are all Disney'd up!

(Disclaimer - I like the rooms okay but they are far away in terms of the imagination factor that I bought into, so I agree with you!)

Ahh, Bill......just pack your Owner's Locker with a few stuffed Mickey and Minnie shaped pillows, some Disney tea towels and pot holders for the kitchen, Disney towels for the bath, bring some tictac and hang a poster with a pic of the Castle or some of them Princesses. (TicTac doesn't mar anything for those that will accuse you of damage.)

Put some Disney coconut candies on the coffee table, pick up some Disney coffee and cups for the morning.

Actually we would like some Disney theming but more resort theming. BC/BCV should look like a beach, the lobby does so should the rooms. The latest DVC room rehabs seem to look the same and designed for easy cleaning instead of looks.

The next design will just be a concrete room with a drain in the floor. Between guests they can just power wash the room.

Have the Disney Florist drop of some of that Fairytale wine with some Disney etched wine glasses and grab a few cheeses and crackers for sitting on the balcony later on.

Now you are all Disney'd up!

(Disclaimer - I like the rooms okay but they are far away in terms of the imagination factor that I bought into, so I agree with you!)

I love the BIG tv ...But I agree on lack of Disney feeling...almost hoping for an an unrefurb in July!o_O

Not many people who go to WDW are thinking "I can't wait to watch TV on that BIG TV!" though. I think they're more interested in the idea that their room at the BEACH Club Villas look like the BEACH.

Does anyone know if they will be replacing the mattresses as part of the refurb? I stayed in a BCV studio last fall, and that was undoubtedly one of the worst mattresses I've ever tried to sleep on.

Does anyone know if they will be replacing the mattresses as part of the refurb? I stayed in a BCV studio last fall, and that was undoubtedly one of the worst mattresses I've ever tried to sleep on.

I am sure that mattresses will be replaced, drapes, covered furniture, carpets and sometimes tile in the kitchens and baths.

We go to Disney for the theming and we spend more time in our room and resort than we do the parks. If the rooms look as bad in person as the do in the pictures, we will be selling some contracts. We can stay local in our neighborhood and get a similar room for far less money.

Sad.

I agree, Bill. These villas look so blah and gray. No color at all. Even little touches of color won't resolve the issue. Bland, bland, bland.

When is this renovation expected to be complete? We are checking in on August 22nd. Will it be a comstruction zone? I'm not changing it even if it is! Love that pool.....wondering about the time frame of the renovation and what ar chances of getting a new room might be?

Ick. Not at all beachy. I love the Disney theming and that is why I bought DVC. This is generic timeshare. Blah

Happy to hear that other's don't like it.. just more availability for ME! We have never regretted purchasing DVC when BCV was on the market and to this day feel it was a calling to us at the right time. We have just now started branching out staying at other resorts because we can't seem to break away from that one [BIG] thing for us at BCV... LOCATION!!! I have requested a renovated room for our upcoming Fall trip.. hopefully it's honored.

Have to say I was never a fan of the old decor so this will be just fine by me. Hoping for refurbed room too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter