Back to the Med Greece/Turkey in 2013! Complete!

We vaca hard and fast. Kids always call it boot camp. Since we've already visited, the first day we will just hit the places we've seen. The next day, I want to visit Montserrat. We missed it last time because of the shopping. :)

My only concern is wasting money. Just wanting to go easy. The room we had in 07 (we booked 2) we could have easily had one. We don't need a lot of room because we are rarely in the room. So we have the room booked so we don't miss out while trying to decide.

How are you traveling to/from port, airport, hotel? Are you going to utilize the city transportation? Cab? Disney?

Just washed late at night after the adult shows finished and only twice that I can think of.

tajz90 said:
We vaca hard and fast. Kids always call it boot camp. Since we've already visited, the first day we will just hit the places we've seen. The next day, I want to visit Montserrat. We missed it last time because of the shopping. :)

My only concern is wasting money. Just wanting to go easy. The room we had in 07 (we booked 2) we could have easily had one. We don't need a lot of room because we are rarely in the room. So we have the room booked so we don't miss out while trying to decide.

How are you traveling to/from port, airport, hotel? Are you going to utilize the city transportation? Cab? Disney?

Lol! I answered your transportation question on the hotel thread.....Taxi. There is not enough benefit for me to spend $120 to get to the port when a taxi will cost less than half of that. I'm willing to bet the ship will be full, so no point getting to the port early to hunt for upgrades, and as they're going to take your luggage anyway as you get there, the rest of the check in process shouldn't be all that bad.

We'll be there 2 nights ore cruise, and one thing that my husband really wanted to do was cook. Go to one of the fabulous markets, get fresh stuff , and cook dinner! We really only like to eat out occasionally as greasy food makes us a bit ill, so I can honor that! And Mindy and her family will likely join us :). Jim likes cooking too! For us, the apartment made a lot more sense than a hotel. All in the same space, 2 bathrooms, and a room to shut my dads snoring behind. for less $. We can do a quick load of laundry to start out the cruise with clean clothes. Wi-Fi!! Works for us!

Wish I could remember stuff from last trip! You would think I would have written it own :)

Haven't decided. Took taxi from airport to hotel last time, thought we were ripped off. Want to carry as little Euro as possible. Trying to decide between cheaper and adventurous or mucho more and easy. Still have a year. Going to think more when kids head to school!

Yummy. You have a cook!!! Lucky you. :) and the market, I do remember that. The smells were wonderful!

tajz90 said:
Yummy. You have a cook!!! Lucky you. :) and the market, I do remember that. The smells were wonderful!

Perks of being married to a firefighter!

So, in anticipation of new outfits, I bout a cute new pair of sandals that were delivered today!! I needed something a bit cuter than Tevas. Tevas work for hiking Cinque Terre, but not exactly a fashion statement. And lately I've had some bursitis in my r heel (typing this while on an ice pack...) and they've been bugging me. My old Keens do nothing for me any more. They never used to rub, but now if I do any serious walking in them,I get blisters. So....I got Dansko sandals! I wear Danskos at work and love them, so I figured I might give them a try. They arrived today, and I spent all afternoon in them. I'm probably going to wear them all weekend before we leave for the east coast next week. They're leather uppers, so I'm hoping the straps won't rub. But the soles are amazing!

Tomorrow, Ashleigh and I are heading to the Pacific NW Mouse meet! There's a few imagineers and Paige O'Hara set to speak! And Dole Whips! And chocolate dipped Mickey mouse rice crispy treats! Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

So. Finally did something for this cruise before the obsessive planner. I booked our airfare. Yes. I am now totally committed. But i'm holding Kim hostage here in Nj.

mindelmouse said:
So. Finally did something for this cruise before the obsessive planner. I booked our airfare. Yes. I am now totally committed. But i'm holding Kim hostage here in Nj.

Hostage? We had a wonderful time! Mindy and Jim were fabulous hosts, ensuring we saw tons! We left NJ this am, and are now in the DC area gearing up for tourism here. Sadly, Ashleigh woke up this am throwing up and felt like crap all day. She was in bed and asleep by 9 tonight. I'm so hoping she wakes up all better, hungry, and ready to go!

Min...gonna mention what you did this weekend?

Hostage? We had a wonderful time! Mindy and Jim were fabulous hosts, ensuring we saw tons! We left NJ this am, and are now in the DC area gearing up for tourism here. Sadly, Ashleigh woke up this am throwing up and felt like crap all day. She was in bed and asleep by 9 tonight. I'm so hoping she wakes up all better, hungry, and ready to go!

Min...gonna mention what you did this weekend?

HMMMMMM - - What could she be talking about?:confused3 Well, I went to see Ellis Island, Point Pleasant at the shore and play tourist in NYC...is that what you mean???? Ah probably not???:flower3:

Or do you mean....the impulse purchase I made???? YES IMPULSE!!! My DH and I are now joining Kim and Sean on their adults only cruise next month...spent I don't know how many thousands of $$$ in matter of minutes...so unlike me...don't know what came over me...doesn't matter if I get buyer's remorse...THERE'S NO STINKIN' REFUND:sad2:

We will be sailing on a 4 day on the Dream in September...I booked the cruise, airfare, airfare for my mother from FL to watch the kids, and a hotel in WDW all on the car ride home from NYC...It's my first time vacationing without my kids:yay::dance3: I'll cry about it when I pay the bills...which should come and have to be paid right before I leave:eek:

Has anyone done the bike tours in Barcelona? Was thinking about doing it in the late afternoon on the day we arrive to try to stay awake after going to see La Sagrada Familia. Our plan for Friday will be to tour Camp Nou (Barcelona FC facility - DS is obsessive soccer player) and the Picasso Museum. Has anyone done Spheremania? We had some friends find that as an activity as well....

Tired mom of 3 boys said:
Has anyone done the bike tours in Barcelona? Was thinking about doing it in the late afternoon on the day we arrive to try to stay awake after going to see La Sagrada Familia. Our plan for Friday will be to tour Camp Nou (Barcelona FC facility - DS is obsessive soccer player) and the Picasso Museum. Has anyone done Spheremania? We had some friends find that as an activity as well....

Kim did the bike tour Read early in the trip report. I think she talks about it.

LOVED the fat tire bike tour!!!! How old are your kids? They had a hitch available for DD...I think there's a pic of it on the TR I have in my siggie. On my phone, so can't link it. Highly recommend!

MinnieDiva said:
LOVED the fat tire bike tour!!!! How old are your kids? They had a hitch available for DD...I think there's a pic of it on the TR I have in my siggie. On my phone, so can't link it. Highly recommend!

Hahahaha! Just realized that I was on my own thread! After all the saved posts, what I said/posted should be fairly early as we did it precruise in 2010.

Thank you! Our boys will be 13, 15, and 17 when travelling. Families we're travelling with have boys who will be 16,13,and 11 and the other one has boys who will be 13 and 11.

Thank you! Our boys will be 13, 15, and 17 when travelling. Families we're travelling with have boys who will be 16,13,and 11 and the other one has boys who will be 13 and 11.

I have an 11 year old DH as well

Then the trailer is not an issue! Bike on!

Just back from out East Coast vacation! So far I've done the laundry, washed the dog and then all that stuff that got dirty in the process, cleaned the kitchen, and have just sat down to poke around on the boards a bit before starting to edit some pics! :thumbsup2

It was interesting...normally, we have zero issues with a 3- hour time change, but this time around, we did. All of us were sleeping in past 8, and feeling like we were still tired. Of course, it could be that we had no need to be up and at it early those first few days, or, we could chalk it up to the heat and humidity. Either way, it'll be interesting to see if I experience the same phenomenon during next month's WDW trip. :confused3

The verdict with the camera bag: Sean says it's a keeper. He didn't complain once about carrying it the whole trip. I still prefer my sling, as I ended up doing a day of tourism in DC just Ashleigh and I, and as I am soooooo short-waisted, it got a little uncomfortable by the end of the day. This, however, wouldn't happen often, and if I could foresee girl-only travel, I'd just switch bags.

Still haven't bought my airfare. Dad just had a knee repair done, and I want to see how he does with PT before I broach that subject. He says that he's feeling ok...says the muscles surrounding the knee are sore, but the pain of pre-surgery is gone. That's a good thing!

Anybody else done any planning?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter