Back to the Med Greece/Turkey in 2013! Complete!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by MinnieDiva, Feb 1, 2012.

1. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

I live in Atlanta....

My company is based on Orange County California... I commute (Yes, it's a long commute but it's also why my mother got a free Business seat for this trip!)

And you motivated me. Did some apartment research for London last night and will be sending an email today.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. austraveler

austraveler Mouseketeer

We caught a 10.30 flight to Rome and used the Disney transfers. We were on a bus at 8.15 and were dropped at the airport in loads of time.

4. drlaurafsu

drlaurafsu Mouseketeer

Waving hi to OCC...I'm in Atlanta too. :)

Like the new bag. I haven't decided which bag I'll take for the cruise. I have the crumpler...but I'm also getting a Kelly Moore bag to take to Paris this winter as a birthday present. I wanted something that doesn't scream camera bag for traveling to touristy destinations.

I am really wanting to tour Cinque Terre too! I'm not sure what DH will do. He is pretty out of shape and I'm not sure he'll be motivated by this to get in better shape. But I've been to Italy before. And we will go again when DS is a little older. To me Florence is a multiday experience, tough to see much in just a few hours and Pisa is a drive by experience not something I want to spend my day on. But to hike and take pictures along the coast is something I have wanted to do since my last trip in 1999.

Ok...time to get back to make stuff for our Oct trip to WDW. Need to get something Disney related done this weekend!!

5. MinnieDiva

MinnieDiva Obsessive Trip Planner

I did not know that....

WOOT! :thumbsup2

Thanks for piping in! Much appreciated!

I've been working on our anniversary trip for this sept/oct. Less than 75 days out!! Bought the running outfit...not sure that it matters as the run is at night, but I figure they'll have photo pass there...

6. MinnieDiva

I was cruising around on DCL's website today, and all the inside rooms are gone. There are 4 ocean view categories, all of which have availability. There were 3 types of verandas, but 2/3 were gty status.

Interesting.

7. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

Cinque Terre is amazing. You can always take the train or boat between towns. I only hiked from Riomaggiore to Manarola which was not bad at all. Very nice paved trail and not too far.

Jill in CO

8. drlaurafsu

drlaurafsu Mouseketeer

Whoo hoo! DH officially booked us on the July 12 day to Greece! I am so excited.

9. MinnieDiva

YEAH!!!! That is awesome news!!! :cool1::thumbsup2

Let the planning commence!

10. MinnieDiva

Finally registered Ashleigh today for Spanish camp for next week. We'd put it off hoping that we'd go to Denver with Sean for his conference, but by the time the powers that be got their heads out of their you-know-whats airfare had spiked and the banquet had been cancelled. No real reason for us to go, then, I guess. Sigh...

So, planning at a standstill. Couldn't make the Rick Steves travel classes on Italy earlier this month as it was on the day that a big yard project started. I did hear back from the Malta tour company, and this was the response to my inquiry about 8 people:

Thank you for your email and enquiry about a tour in Malta.

If you want to do a tour based on the Malta Classic we cannot add to it, but we can change the tour. I can offer you the following full day variations:

Option 1. Valletta (incl St. Johns), Mdina, Blue Grotto & Hagar Qim Temples
    Option 2. Valletta (incl St. Johns), Mdina, Blue Grotto & Marsaxlokk Fishing Village
    Option 3. Valletta (incl St. Johns), Blue Grotto, Hagar Qim & Marsaxlokk Fishing Village

Based on 2012 rates a full day private tour with Licensed Tour Guide is eur405 plus entrances, Blue Grotto etc...

If you require any further information do not hesitate to contact me.

Now we need to debate amongst ourselves and decide what to do. I personally am leaning toward option 1, but I can't remember if I sent this to Mindy or not....(sorry, Min, if I didn't...).

In the meantime, my attention is turning toward our imminent East Coast vacation! I'm looking forward to some warm weather. It was 60 and overcast today. :sad:

11. mindelmouse

mindelmouse Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Nope never saw this one:furious: - just used that picture because I never saw it before and I think it's funny...:rotfl:

If you'll remember, you were withholding that info since I was teasing you.

Be careful what you wish for....you may get warm weather and no a/c...:clown:

12. jel0511

jel0511 DIS Veteran

She can always stay with me! I have AC!!!

13. MinnieDiva

Awww...I forgot about that!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hmmmmmmmm.....I thought you said you weren't reading this anymore?!?!?! How's the jet lag?

14. jel0511

jel0511 DIS Veteran

I wasn't, but with the jet lag and not sleeping, I figured I'd catch up since you were coming in soon, I had the time too!!!

Jet lag still sucks!!!!

15. bigbootee

bigbootee Rabid Disnoid

I vote for option 1

16. drlaurafsu

drlaurafsu Mouseketeer

Yay for Spanish camp! DS is on his 3rd week of Spanish camp for the summer and doing great. He'll get a 2 week break at the gym camp then it's back to school already...yikes! Next summer he will miss Spanish camp for the cruise but hopefully the days we spend in Barcelona will make up for it. he goes to a bilingual immersion international school so I think he should pick up a lot this year in kindergarten.

17. MinnieDiva

Woot!!

18. MinnieDiva

Sooooo cool! The place Ashleighs going to go is a 45-50 min drive on the south end of our island.....they have year round programs, but so not convenient to get to. I got an email several months ago from a swimming/exchange student program for teens in Barcelona! I can see what she'll be doing in a few years!

19. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

I did not take the time to read thru all pages, but don't you mean July 13th to Med? Just started looking for hotels for pre cruise stay.

20. MinnieDiva

tajz90 welcome!!!! and....

?????

As you haven't indicated what you're specifically referring to, I'm going to assume that it was in regards to drlaurafsu's post about her "July 12 day to Greece". To clear confusion, yes, the date it sets sail is July 13th, a 12-night cruise to Greece, as opposed to the 4-nighter that sails just before that. I wonder how many people are going to sail that on their own, as opposed to adding it as a back-to-back?

What thoughts are you having about where to stay pre-cruise??

21. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

"My family is booked on the June 15, 2013 Mediterranean Cruise (Greece itinerary)"

Was referring to the above date, but honestly read it as July 15! I was scared I did something wrong or date changed. Duh! Sorry.

Trying to decide on a place to stay. We cruised in 07 and booked a Disney hotel on our own. Can't remember the name, but it was by the mall and we felt it was a bit too far from action. Want to book one room for 4 so I'm seeing options as limited. What would be the best area to stay? And what transport to ship? We took can last time and thought it too pricey but would like other opinions.

Sorry for confusion.