Babnanas 11: "Boo-boo's are OUT, Toast is IN….

We are having the craziest weather (kimmar I'm sure you can concur, you're not all that far from here!). One day it's like spring, the next we're getting snow showers, then spring-like again and pouring rain!! I figure one of two things will happen: 1) we'll have a truly early spring and have had the complete polar opposite of last year's winter season, or 2) this is all just a tease and along about the first week of April, we'll get the blizzard of the century..... :scared:

We are having the craziest weather (kimmar I'm sure you can concur, you're not all that far from here!)..... :scared:

....ain't it the TRUTH? My dog had to go out last night at 2:30AM, and it was 61 degrees!! REALLY!!??!??! It's only around 45 right now, at 3 in the afternoon....:confused3

We are having the craziest weather (kimmar I'm sure you can concur, you're not all that far from here!). One day it's like spring, the next we're getting snow showers, then spring-like again and pouring rain!! I figure one of two things will happen: 1) we'll have a truly early spring and have had the complete polar opposite of last year's winter season, or 2) this is all just a tease and along about the first week of April, we'll get the blizzard of the century..... :scared:

I vote for an early spring. :butterfly
Crazy here, too! 8" of snow yesterday and into this morning. Now it's sunny and 34, predicted to be 52 Sunday! :beach:

I DID A THING!!!!!!! pixiedust:

Just booked a spur-of-the-moment spring trip on the room discount, for early May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jumping1:

I have seriously never booked this close to the date (67 days as of today!) and suddenly I am scrambling to get all my ducks in a row! I want to book a couple ADRs, but I need to look at park hours and recommended days to see where we'll be and when..... And I literally have a week to figure out the FP+ we want!! I'm so overwhelmed!

This will be just a couple weeks after our 24th wedding anniversary, so that will be our special celebration. :goodvibes DH doesn't know yet; I'm going to wait til I book airfare on Tuesday, then I'll surprise him somehow (his b-day is coming up, I might incorporate that... ::yes:: ).

Wow, I'm shaking I'm so giddy!! (or, that may be all the coffee I've consumed this morning.... :lmao: ).

Last edited:

Just booked a spur-of-the-moment spring trip on the room discount, for early May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seriously never booked this close to the date (67 days as of today!) and suddenly I am scrambling to get all my ducks in a row! I want to book a couple ADRs, but I need to look at park hours and recommended days to see where we'll be and when..... And I literally have a week to figure out the FP+ we want!! I'm so overwhelmed!

This will be just a couple weeks after our 24th wedding anniversary, so that will be our special celebration. :goodvibes DH doesn't know yet; I'm going to wait til I book airfare on Tuesday, then I'll surprise him somehow (his b-day is coming up, I might incorporate that... ::yes:: ).

Wow, I'm shaking I'm so giddy!! (or, that may be all the coffee I've consumed this morning.... :lmao: ).

Hooray! Happy 24th Anniversary (a little early) :goodvibes
Have fun planning!
Here's the link for Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, on the left hand side you can click a link and read through the Festival Passport.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-international-flower-and-garden-festival/
:butterfly:flower1::rose::daisy::flower::shamrock::flower2::flower3:

Big Thunder is going to be closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sad::sad::sad::sad:

That is my favorite ride in the whole World......!

YAY!!!

I thought the Big Thunder closure was pushed out to August or so?

...kewl beans!

Pushed our trip back another week for various reasons. Now 5/13-5/17. Also, in searching additional sites, it does appear the BTMRR closure has been changed, because I'm not seeing anything about it other than on the one site (which seems to need updating!!). Sadly, though, Soarin' IS closed.... Poo.

....I'm really sad and bummed...my DH has to take our Morgana to the vet tonight to be put down....:sad:

...even though it was such a hassle to take care of her [in the end], like getting up [3 or 4 times all hours of the night, especially for the past 2 months] and giving her an injection twice a day, I miss her terribly.....every morning I'd go by her, rub her head, and say, "Good girlie, see you later...." and when I look over to her bed, it's just a cold, empty space....:sad2:

I got a text from an ex-coworker the other night; the boss's son had to put down his Cattle Dog, Chili. I loved that dog, he came to work every day, was SO friendly. We kept a box of treats in our break room for him. She said he'd been quite sick since Christmas and just never really recovered. At the end he couldn't even walk. :sad1: He had to be at least 12, which is a good life for a med-large dog. My heart breaks for the family......

So we hit the crazy temp of 71* here yesterday!! It was SOOOO nice... :sunny: I ate lunch outside and just soaked it up. Cloudy with rain today, but still warmer than early March in NH should be!! Loving it. The ski area is hanging on, although their days are numbered. DS16 has come home early all this week from his shift, and DS14 had a 3-hr. lesson block scheduled yesterday and called me for a ride after just 1. NO one there! There's "spring skiing," and then there's just "ok everyone's mind has clearly shifted gears to the next season!"

@kimmar067, I hope you're doing better today. Hugs, my friend. :hug:

@LegoMom3, congratulations on your trip! And enjoy the warm weather. I know I am!

I'm also enjoying that it's not raining right now. I'm so tired of minor flooding in our yard. The ground is soaked, so any rain we get runs off quickly. The rivers and streams nearby are almost at minor flood stage on most days, and we're on flood alert on any day it rains.

The other YoYo's and I are headed to Myrtle Beach this afternoon for a convention/girls weekend. :jumping1:The highs will be in the mid to upper 70's and the lows in the upper 50's to lower 60's, which makes packing challenging. Well, the wine and snacks are already packed. It's everything else, like convention clothes, formal dress, tiara (which one top take?), and beach clothes, that make it complicated. No, I'm not really complaining. :cool2:

Y'all behave! Oh wait, I forgot my audience. Carry on with the merriment and mayhem, and try not to get any points this weekend. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter