• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

[b]june 1, 2013 magic med 7 day[/b]

My name is Jeff and my DW JMTwo and I love to play pinochle, euchre, cribbage, rummy and other card games.

Are there any other card lovers?

Hi Jeff. One of our fav spots on the Magic is Diversions, the club on deck 3. For those who haven't been on the Magic before, Diversions is a sports pub with gaming tables and board games, etc. I do not play card games but my DH does and he'd get in on a game if invited. He's pretty good but keep in mind he doesn't play regularly though!
We have a white board on our cabin door, if you get a game going, put a message on our door #8594 and he'll meet you down there. :thumbsup2

Hey everyone, just a quick question. Does anyone know if the Stateroom with verandahs will have a hot water kettle provided in the room? I'm a complete caffine addict and need my coffee as soon as I open my eyes in the morning, so if there's no kettle in the room I normally carry my own. Any idea?

No they don't, in fact even the Disney Suite doesn't have a coffee maker. I have brought our own single drip maker, but I've given up on bringing it and our coffee, to messy

My husband likes his coffee in the morning ASAP too, so what I do is order coffee from room service the first day of the cruise. I keep the carafe and the sugar/sweetener collection they bring for our use the entire cruise. Each night I fill the carafe and it does stay hot until morning.

I pack our DisneyLand travel mugs to fill at the coffee station during the day. They have handles, keep the coffee hot, and are just much easier and safer to carry around then the plastic cup and lids.

Of course being coffee, snobs we visit the Cove most days. We usually fill a few of the reward cards and earn a free coffees or two.

Hi Jeff. One of our fav spots on the Magic is Diversions, the club on deck 3. For those who haven't been on the Magic before, Diversions is a sports pub with gaming tables and board games, etc. I do not play card games but my DH does and he'd get in on a game if invited. He's pretty good but keep in mind he doesn't play regularly though!
We have a white board on our cabin door, if you get a game going, put a message on our door #8594 and he'll meet you down there. :thumbsup2
That sounds great. Any idea what card games your DH plays? It will only be my DW Judy and me on the cruise. We are all things Disney and love to cruise even though I am extremely Type A. Cruising brings out the relaxation in me. :)

I normally carry around a photocopy of my passport first and last page, as well as my visa, and I leave the originals safely in my locker. Alternatively, I have a scanned copy of it on my phone. That's normally enough. Once while I was driving along some mountains in Switzerland I accidentally crossed over into Italy without realizing it. This was before Switzerland was a schengen country, but when I turned around to get back into Switzerland, I showed them my passport photocopy and explained the circumstances, they let me through. Its really safer not to carry your passport around unless you're planning on doing some high value shopping and want to clain a tax rebate. Hope that helps!

Since we are doing our own excursions I will be taking my passport (You may need it if you miss the boat :) )

I put it in a money belt and don't worry about it until I get back to my room at night. No big deal.

I have used a photo copy for the VAT when I shop.

Hey everyone, just a quick question. Does anyone know if the Stateroom with verandahs will have a hot water kettle provided in the room? I'm a complete caffine addict and need my coffee as soon as I open my eyes in the morning, so if there's no kettle in the room I normally carry my own. Any idea?

Kettles are not allowed in the cabins, but there is 24hour access to hot water at the drinks station or from room service

I normally carry around a photocopy of my passport first and last page, as well as my visa, and I leave the originals safely in my locker. Alternatively, I have a scanned copy of it on my phone. That's normally enough. Once while I was driving along some mountains in Switzerland I accidentally crossed over into Italy without realizing it. This was before Switzerland was a schengen country, but when I turned around to get back into Switzerland, I showed them my passport photocopy and explained the circumstances, they let me through. Its really safer not to carry your passport around unless you're planning on doing some high value shopping and want to clain a tax rebate. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info. I'm going to make copies and then decide at the time if I will need to bring the real pp.

Thanks for the info. Someone suggested that we can book a day tour of barcelona so that will give us something to do and someplace to store our luggage, so we're gonna do that. Appreciate the help
-Megha

This is what we have done. Looking forward to the tour. Nice way to kill some time until check in at our hotel!!

oops just read your response on the other thread.....lol

No they don't, in fact even the Disney Suite doesn't have a coffee maker. I have brought our own single drip maker, but I've given up on bringing it and our coffee, to messy

My husband likes his coffee in the morning ASAP too, so what I do is order coffee from room service the first day of the cruise. I keep the carafe and the sugar/sweetener collection they bring for our use the entire cruise. Each night I fill the carafe and it does stay hot until morning.

I pack our DisneyLand travel mugs to fill at the coffee station during the day. They have handles, keep the coffee hot, and are just much easier and safer to carry around then the plastic cup and lids.

Of course being coffee, snobs we visit the Cove most days. We usually fill a few of the reward cards and earn a free coffees or two.

Thanks for the tips. So basically I can just call for hot water/coffee every morning. And I will definitely follow your tip about the carafe. As a fellow caffine addict I'm sure your planning is well thought through! (BTW: my mom's reading this over my shoulder and thinks I've gone mad for putting so much planning into my morning coffee!) She just doesn't get it! lol

Thanks for the tips. So basically I can just call for hot water/coffee every morning. And I will definitely follow your tip about the carafe. As a fellow caffine addict I'm sure your planning is well thought through! (BTW: my mom's reading this over my shoulder and thinks I've gone mad for putting so much planning into my morning coffee!) She just doesn't get it! lol

Yes you can, or put an order request on the outside of your door the night before.

We bring a stack of $1 bills to tip the room service CM.

Myself and my family will be cruising from Barcelona on June 1st. I have read a bunch or your posts and I would like some info on your group. It will be myself, my hubby, 8yr old daughter, and 1yr old son.

Myself and my family will be cruising from Barcelona on June 1st. I have read a bunch or your posts and I would like some info on your group. It will be myself, my hubby, 8yr old daughter, and 1yr old son.

We will be traveling with our 9 yr old daughter! We will be at the meet and greet the first day.

Hi I'll be travelling with my hubby, 8 and 3Yr old daughters, plus another couple with there 7 yr old son and 3rd old daughter. It's a surprise for all the kids who we are telling we will be traveling to Barcelona to watch football, this is my second cruise and the girls loved it, so can't wait I'm basically counting down the days till it's time to go

Hello:

My wife and I are sailing with our 9 year old daughter, 12 year old son, and 13 year old daughter. We are all getting excited about this DCL vacation. It is our second cruise on DCL. First one was on the Dream in the Bahammas 2011.

Stewart and Janet Angst
Danielle, Marshall and Taylor
Houston, TX

We are considering a private Rome tour with Real Rome Tours
RealRomeTours.com

It sounds like we can save about 30 to 40 minutes on commute time with a direct train to St. Peter's Station versus a bus tour transfer to Rome. There are two or three local trains each hour between Rome San Pietro station and Civitavecchia. The cost is €5.00 each way per adult, and the journey takes about 40 min. to San Pietro station. There is a day pass available in the station, called the BIRG ticket costing €12, which covers travel to and from Rome, and also gives you unlimited use of buses, metro, and trams (streetcars) for the entire day in Rome.

Real Rome Tours has good reviews and positive feedback, and offers a walking tour option with guide and express entry into the Colosseum and Vatican for my family of 5 for EURO 770 (including entry tickets). That would be under $220 avg. per person!

This is what we are considering for our Rome excursion. Has anybody else looked into similar options to this?

Stewart Angst
Houston, TX

Hi everyone. I was just wondering about the age limits for Edge and Vibe. The disney website says Vibe is for 14-18 year olds, but the deck plan says its for 13-18 year olds? My 13 year old brother is really anxious to know whether he'll be allowed into Edge or Vibe or both?

We've ordered this image as tee-shirts

8630889447_7c135b1a1d_z.jpg

Hi everyone. I was just wondering about the age limits for Edge and Vibe. The disney website says Vibe is for 14-18 year olds, but the deck plan says its for 13-18 year olds? My 13 year old brother is really anxious to know whether he'll be allowed into Edge or Vibe or both?

I read a thread on this the other day and from what I picked up

1. If the Vibe is not full with the 14-18 they MIGHT let him in there.
2. If they do let him into Vibe, it's pick one or the other, he can't go back and forth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter