[b]june 1, 2013 magic med 7 day[/b]

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by valbob89, Jan 25, 2012.

1. megagarwal

megagarwal Earning My Ears

I've booked my private tours with a guide from DGS, they had the best reviews on tripadvisor. They're charging me euro750 which includes private car and a private guide, and Naples is euro 550 for private car and private guide. Tickets are extra but I feel the price is worth it for the privaye guide

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Evad

Evad dshPhotography

Now that one is nice!!!! :thumbsup2

4. JMTwo

JMTwo Earning My Ears

Hi all. Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! We finally have some warm weather here in Western Pennsylvania, and it's making me even more excited for our Cruise!

I am wondering if anyone has used the tour company Can't Be Missed Tours? Specifically in Rome? They are recommended in Rick Steves' book, but I thought I'd ask the Dis family and see if anyone has some personal experience with the company.
    Thanks,
    Judy

5. JMTwo

JMTwo Earning My Ears

OOPS :rotfl2: It's not Tuesday, is it? My bad. It's the long, drawn out Winter that has made my mind a quivering pile of Jello. Let's hope everyone is having a great Wednesday! :goodvibes
    Judy (I think)

6. Evad

Evad dshPhotography

Thanks for the correction. I thought I had put my garbage out on the curb one day to soon.......

7. megagarwal

megagarwal Earning My Ears

Hey everyone. I'm just trying to figure out my budgeting. Does anyone have a rough idea of the extra costs in the cruise. I know it includes port adventures, spa and Paolo redstaurant. Does anything else cost extra. Also, I was wondering about tht tipping policy on the cruise. I believe it is added to your bill on the last day but what amount or what percentage is added? I gotta figure all this out cause we have 3 cabins, so all costs will be multiplied by 3 for me!

8. JustAnnieNotHazel

JustAnnieNotHazel Are we there yet?

I found this link to dcl website with suggestions for gratuities.
    http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/onboard-services/gratuities/
    Assuming you have no nursery costs, as you said the additional charges will be Port Adventures, Spa, Palo.
    Also if you want any of the wonderful photographs they take of you onboard and on excursions, these are additional costs. If there are lots of you, you can get a photo package.

Room service if used are usually given a small tip when they deliver your order.

I think that's it!
    obviously the shops and bars will cost extra. :)

9. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Hi there! I just wanted to add that although the serving team & stateroom hosts get "tips" these actually make up most of their salary/income. For each person in your cabin, the system automatically adds a certain amount per day. For a 7 day cruise, it is $84 total per person (child or adult) for the week. If you receive great/excellent service, you can always add more in cash in the tip envelopes provided on the 2nd to the last night.

Your serving team is assigned to you specifically for dinner, but they are also assigned to specific restaurants for breakfast and dinner daily.

10. purplern

purplern DIS Veteran

No problem, I never know what day it is! We're from Pittsburgh too! Where are you from? We live in Brookline.

11. tinkertaylor05

tinkertaylor05 DIS Veteran

:welcome: to everyone thats joined recently .... I've been keeping up with the group just too lazy to log in ;)

I've been thinking about the budget too ..... I think everyone's got you taken care of! We're first timers too the only thing I can think to add is if you want the special coffees, souvenirs, some onboard activities if you choose to partake bingo seems popular! And to remember if you're buying drinks from the bars etc that 15% is added .... I think that's right!

12. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

I want to thank you for the "informercial" After reading it I went and researched this product and bought one at my local store. Took it to Disney this week and LOVE it! It's great with my DSLR and my fairly heavy lens! T

Thanks!

13. Arushy1

Arushy1 Earning My Ears

Hi I wonder if u can help me I am not too sure how dis works, I am going on the med cruise on June 1st and I think u are 2. I would like to join the fish thingy. Help please !!!!:

14. JMTwo

JMTwo Earning My Ears

We are from Beaver County not to far north of the airport. We moved to the Pittsburgh area about 15 years ago, and I still don't know my way around the entire area. Where is Brookline?

15. JustAnnieNotHazel

Yes that's right. But it's automatically included in the drink price so you don't even notice :)

16. JustAnnieNotHazel

Hello and welcome!
    Yes you are in the right place , we are all going on June 1st sailing.

I'm sorry I'm afraid the Fish Extender list closed a couple of weeks ago.

17. Arushy1

Arushy1 Earning My Ears

Oh no I've just found out about it and it looks like fun xx thanks for getting back to me x

18. Arushy1

Arushy1 Earning My Ears

Hi I've been reading the posts and I see there is a meet and greet. Can u please tell me when and where. We are 1st time cruisers I will be cruising with my hubby Joe and my daughter Madison age 4. Thanks Alisha xx

19. JMTwo

JMTwo Earning My Ears

:welcome:

20. Arushy1

Arushy1 Earning My Ears

Thanks I sooooooo can't wait to go !

21. JMTwo

JMTwo Earning My Ears

I believe on the very first page of this thread there's lots of helpful information including info on the cruise meet on the first day. I read it's on deck 3 at the Promenade Lounge from 2:30 until the safety drill. Judy