[b]june 1, 2013 magic med 7 day[/b]

Hi everyone,

I hate to say that we won't be joining you all on this cruise. We just got off the Dream and I switched our reservation to the Fantasy for the same timeframe. The $$$ and logistics to plan this cruise were just too overwhelming and my daughter is still fairly young (9 yo). Maybe we'll try again in a few years.

I hope everyone has a wonderful time and I will still be reading this thread and will be looking forward to trip reports.

Hi everyone,

I hate to say that we won't be joining you all on this cruise. We just got off the Dream and I switched our reservation to the Fantasy for the same timeframe. The $$$ and logistics to plan this cruise were just too overwhelming and my daughter is still fairly young (9 yo). Maybe we'll try again in a few years.

I hope everyone has a wonderful time and I will still be reading this thread and will be looking forward to trip reports.

Hope you have a fabulous cruise on the Fantasy. Shame you won't get to do the Med though, but maybe you will do it another time.

I am sad to say that we won't be joining you all - met so many nice people! We are going to do a cruise a week later on a different line. I love Disney so much - but two more days and saved $1000 - we are doing some time on land too so the saved money was nice. Figured as much as we will be sightseeing off the ship it didn't really matter that much anyway. Hope you all have a wonderful trip!
Michelle

Enjoy your cruise, shame about Disney but as long as you have a fabulous cruise then that is all that counts.

When I priced other cruises I just couldn't find anything cheaper (for some reason). Maybe it is because I live in the UK??

Can I be cheeky and ask what cruise your are going on?

Sorry to hear some want be joining us after all, I hope you have a wonderful time on whichever cruise you end up :hug:

Congratulations on the baby news princess:

Totally excited now we're in under a year :cool1: just gt back from a lovely relaxing break to Ibiza am now thinking we may start our trip next year with a weeks beach break. Some of the uk flights have been released but I think they look really expensive compared to this year so will hang tight for a while.

Hope everyone's doing well, keep watching those tickers :yay:

Sorry to hear some want be joining us after all, I hope you have a wonderful time on whichever cruise you end up :hug:

Congratulations on the baby news princess:

Totally excited now we're in under a year :cool1: just gt back from a lovely relaxing break to Ibiza am now thinking we may start our trip next year with a weeks beach break. Some of the uk flights have been released but I think they look really expensive compared to this year so will hang tight for a while.

Hope everyone's doing well, keep watching those tickers :yay:

I'm so excited that I can now say "we'll be doing a Med cruise in LESS than a year"!! Our flights don't come out yet for a while but we'll think about booking as soon as we can find a decent deal. There used to be great deals when you book roundtrip but now it's the same price whether you book both segments separate or together. So I think I might book the flights to Barcelona well before we book our flights back just to make sure that we get on the flight we'd like. I'm also just about to put down a deposit on our private tour in Naples. It's so exciting to be able to start booking things!

I am so excited about this trip. I can not wait. I have been waiting for the airfair to post, but nothing yet. The week before our cruise is over $1400. from NC to BCN. Wow, sure hope it goes down. 4 people will brake the bank with all the excursions.

I have read that Barcelona is not safe and we should be very careful when traveling there. Anyone been before???

:hourglass

@ valbob89 thanx for taking time to create roll call etc :-) I'm a total newbie with DCL and will b grabbing ne info with both hands starting to feel overwhelmed. So much planning to be done but where to start......?

@ valbob89 thanx for taking time to create roll call etc :-) I'm a total newbie with DCL and will b grabbing ne info with both hands starting to feel overwhelmed. So much planning to be done but where to start......?

Thank you for your comment but I'm no longer doing the work on the rollcall. I had spent a good bit of time on a rollcall and was surprised when Tracer00 announced she had taken it over and created a website. The website is very nice. I posted a link to the website and removed my rollcall link.

I went to Barcelona in May of 2011 on the Transatlantic Cruise with DCL. Barcelona is very crowded in the tourist areas and I constantly had a tight grip on my purse and kept my camera in my pocket when not in use. I did an excursion with DCL - kind of an overview tour of Barcelona. I felt like I was on my guard the entire time. I'm glad that I did the excursion with DCL because I definitely would not have felt safe out on my own

hi everyone still impatiently waiting for mid July when the flight companies tell me our dates should be released :rolleyes1

So has anyone thought about which excursions/cities they're interested in? all of them is not an option :rotfl:

hi everyone still impatiently waiting for mid July when the flight companies tell me our dates should be released :rolleyes1

So has anyone thought about which excursions/cities they're interested in? all of them is not an option :rotfl:

I am just thinking of having a relaxing stroll around Villefranche (see where we end up) and the Italian trio. I need to pretty much get in, do and see what we want and get out. I have just returned to work full-time and I am struggling with my knee. I have several operations on it and hoping I won't need my crutches, but it seems I may have to pack them after all!!!

Alls well though,I will just wait to see what excursions dcl offer before maybe booking a driver.

Thank you for your comment but I'm no longer doing the work on the rollcall. I had spent a good bit of time on a rollcall and was surprised when Tracer00 announced she had taken it over and created a website. The website is very nice. I posted a link to the website and removed my rollcall link.

I certainly wasn't trying to take over the roll call. Your spreadsheet contained information that the website doesn't so I thought we could utilize both. I also couldn't access the spreadsheet from work or from my phone which is what I use most often so I thought that other people might have that issue as well and if you wanted any info on the go or while we're traveling that we could access it. Please feel free to post your spreadsheet link because I never intended to replace it.

I am just thinking of having a relaxing stroll around Villefranche (see where we end up) and the Italian trio. I need to pretty much get in, do and see what we want and get out. I have just returned to work full-time and I am struggling with my knee. I have several operations on it and hoping I won't need my crutches, but it seems I may have to pack them after all!!!

Alls well though,I will just wait to see what excursions dcl offer before maybe booking a driver.

I'm thinking the same for Villefranche, just take it easy and save ourselves for some of the other ports :goodvibes

Sorry to hear about your knee hopefully the year ahead will be kind to you :hug:

I need to do something to plan its driving me nuts! So I'm going to start researching ports and possibilities, I'm in hospital on Thursday so will have a couple of days off afterwards to do some homework :thumbsup2

Just hoping the flights are reasonable :rolleyes1

I'm thinking the same for Villefranche, just take it easy and save ourselves for some of the other ports :goodvibes

Sorry to hear about your knee hopefully the year ahead will be kind to you :hug:

I need to do something to plan its driving me nuts! So I'm going to start researching ports and possibilities, I'm in hospital on Thursday so will have a couple of days off afterwards to do some homework :thumbsup2

Just hoping the flights are reasonable :rolleyes1

I'm super excited to start planning as well!! Believe it or not I think we have a pretty good idea of what we're doing at most of the ports. I think that Villefranche might be our low key port as well. My DD12 saw the movie Monte Carlo with Selena Gomez and now she's gung ho to go there even though I don't think it will take up the entire day. So we might just hit Monaco and Villefranche and back to the ship. La Spezia might be the only one where we'd end up doing a Disney excursion so we'll wait to see what they offer.

We are coming in one day prior to the cruise and I just looked online and the hotel that we'd like to use is taking reservations for our date already! :banana::banana: I'm going to head out to book that right now!

Well although I'm not 12 I watched that movie and the whole time was thinking oooooh we could go there :lmao:

I'm just trying to narrow down the choice of destinations then I want to figure out what we'd like to do there. For La Spezia I feel like we should see Pisa because it's iconic and all but I keep thinking we'd be going to look at a dodgy tower that's it lol So we'll likely go to Florence which just looks beautiful.

Naples I'm not sure yet, I studied Latin at school and keep thinking we should go see Pompeii/Vesuvius but then a drive along the Amalfi coast is tempting :cloud9: so indecisive!

Rome well say no more I want to do as much as I possibly can, this will be where I spend big ;)

Well although I'm not 12 I watched that movie and the whole time was thinking oooooh we could go there :lmao:

I'm just trying to narrow down the choice of destinations then I want to figure out what we'd like to do there. For La Spezia I feel like we should see Pisa because it's iconic and all but I keep thinking we'd be going to look at a dodgy tower that's it lol So we'll likely go to Florence which just looks beautiful.

Naples I'm not sure yet, I studied Latin at school and keep thinking we should go see Pompeii/Vesuvius but then a drive along the Amalfi coast is tempting :cloud9: so indecisive!

Rome well say no more I want to do as much as I possibly can, this will be where I spend big ;)

I actually saw Monte Carlo before we decided to go on this cruise so now I'm going to need to rent that again!

We also want to see Pisa but I don't feel like it would take that long to check that off of our list. So if Disney does an excursion that combines Pisa with another destination I'd be open to that. For Naples we've already found a private driver because we want to see Pompeii plus Sorrento & Positano. And we also want to do anything and everything there is to do in Rome (and eat a lot of gelato!) :cool1:

I :tinker: have been all over Italy with my husband in 2004. Pisa is very nice. The Tower is neat to climb, but LOTS of steps and close. The Church and Baptistry are pretty nice also. The square (green area) is a great photo spot! There are a lot of places to buy trinketts leaving into the square. You can buy little Carrara marble carvings of the tower.

You can spend hours going up the tower, pictures, church and baptistry or you can just see the tower and head to Florence.

Florence is one of the great cities, not like Rome (which is the best and overwhelming). The David is the greatest sculpture I have ever seen. The city is busy, tons of tourist during the summer, but the shopping for leather, silver, lace, table clothes are worth the stroll. The Dumo is pretty ugly with the weird colors but the gold doors are pretty impressive, even if they are not the originals. The square (I forgot the name) outside the museums with all the statues are great to see without going into the all the museums.

I see several people stating they have hired private drivers for Naples, I would like to check into this can I have any websites you have been looking at???

Less than a year and ready to go back to Europe! :cool2:

Disneyland Paris 2000
England 2000
Italy 2004
Greece 2006 (corfu, santorini)
Croatia 2006
Turkey 2006
Ireland 2007
Belgium 2010
Netherlands 2010 (rotterdam, antrewp, amsterdam)

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

I :tinker: have been all over Italy with my husband in 2004. Pisa is very nice. The Tower is neat to climb, but LOTS of steps and close. The Church and Baptistry are pretty nice also. The square (green area) is a great photo spot! There are a lot of places to buy trinketts leaving into the square. You can buy little Carrara marble carvings of the tower.

You can spend hours going up the tower, pictures, church and baptistry or you can just see the tower and head to Florence.

Florence is one of the great cities, not like Rome (which is the best and overwhelming). The David is the greatest sculpture I have ever seen. The city is busy, tons of tourist during the summer, but the shopping for leather, silver, lace, table clothes are worth the stroll. The Dumo is pretty ugly with the weird colors but the gold doors are pretty impressive, even if they are not the originals. The square (I forgot the name) outside the museums with all the statues are great to see without going into the all the museums.

I see several people stating they have hired private drivers for Naples, I would like to check into this can I have any websites you have been looking at???

Disneyland Paris 2000
England 2000
Italy 2004
Croatia 2006
Turkey 2006
Ireland 2007
Belgium 2010

Oooooh it all sounds so wonderful :cloud9:

I can't remember any company names of the top of my head of I'm honest, I've just looked at trip advisor for some that got good feedback and shot off some emails for quotes etc

I'm not booking anything yet, have spoken to past cruisers who started booking 6 months out which suits me. Also I'm hoping to find others who'd be willing to share say a minivan as opposed to just the 3 of us in a sedan, the cost of many tours is per vehicle and it seems it could work out saving a lot :coffee:

Meant to say would anyone be interested in a Facebook page for the group? Not that I know anything about it just it seems to be fairly popular :confused3 I can barely figure out settings on Facebook :lmao:

Meant to say would anyone be interested in a Facebook page for the group? Not that I know anything about it just it seems to be fairly popular :confused3 I can barely figure out settings on Facebook :lmao:

I would actually prefer it, it helps with who said what to who about what - LOL! Easier to read too!

Disneyland Paris 2000
England 2000
Italy 2004
Croatia 2006
Turkey 2006
Ireland 2007
Belgium 2010

We just booked with a company called Limo Service Naples. http://www.limoservicenaples.com/ We've heard back from them promptly (as promptly as possible with the time change!) and they are very friendly. I saw them mentioned in several trip reports and the writers seemed pretty happy with them. I also looked on Trip Advisor and they got good reviews. There was one review from someone on a Disney cruise and the person said that she hired them for several other cruise ports and they were on time and friendly. We are sharing a minivan with another family from this board and I think the price was pretty reasonable too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter