[b]june 1, 2013 magic med 7 day[/b]

Hello! We are hoping to book this cruise while on board the Dream this summer. We originally had a (non-Disney) Med cruise planned for this summer, but the outrageous airfare knocked us out, and we decided to postpone until next summer. In the meantime, hubby was scheduled to go to Orlando in June for business, so he decided we should take a Disney cruise while we were there! To be honest, I would be pretty freaked out if I was going to Europe in a couple of months! So now I've got a whole year to plan and watch airfare. Travelers will include myself and my DH of 20 years (next year) and our DS who will be 14, and our DD who will be 10. We will likely be traveling out of Chicago O'Hare, but from where we live, St. Louis, Memphis, or Nashville are all within a 3 hour drive. The only other country we've ever visited is Mexico, so we are excited and nervous as well. But the fact that we've chosen to sail with Disney helps to ease some of my nervousness. (Knowing how Disney goes above and beyond in the customer service dept!). So hopefully I'll be able to tell you to officially add us to the meet thread in July!

Welcome and I hope you will be able to join us! Enjoy your upcoming cruise! My DD12 and I went on a cruise in January and that sealed the deal for us and we knew we'd have to go on another. Hope to see you back here!

Being a total dcl newbie I must be missing something here, I don't see the attraction of doing all the excursions with Disney? Forgive my ignorance, I'll be sorting out our own excursions, maybe even just hot foot it on local transport a couple of the ports.

It's nice to see what Disney will be offering just unnecessary for me :goodvibes

I don't plan on doing any Disney excursions actually but I think the ABD add on would be very fun...just not affordable for us. We are going to do all ports on our own and I *think* we mostly have things planned out already! Is that sad that we've got over a year to go and I've researched that much? :lmao:

DH :wizard:, DD :sulley:(18) , DS (21) :ewok: and me :tinker:all booked on the June 1st Med Cruise :dance3: Can not wait. Just got back from cruise to Mexican Riveria via LA. Was great and loved it so much taking the kids with us this time! I want to plan this trip already and have over a year to go. Hope this times goes fast. Please add us to the list, for Roll Call and maybe FE. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know the price for ABD for this cruise? Is it cost effective to do that than pay for each and every excursion? Seems very pricy from prior cruises.

Looking so forward to exploring Europe with my family! :love:

DH :wizard:, DD :sulley:(18) , DS (21) :ewok: and me :tinker:all booked on the June 1st Med Cruise :dance3: Can not wait. Just got back from cruise to Mexican Riveria via LA. Was great and loved it so much taking the kids with us this time! I want to plan this trip already and have over a year to go. Hope this times goes fast. Please add us to the list, for Roll Call and maybe FE. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know the price for ABD for this cruise? Is it cost effective to do that than pay for each and every excursion? Seems very pricy from prior cruises.

Welcome :thumbsup2

I also hope the time goes fast, but I want time to save too.

I have posted a link previously about ABD, here's the link to the thread and the ABD.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2915236

http://www.adventuresbydisney.com/eu...ses-vacations/

Enjoy your planning. :)

Being a total dcl newbie I must be missing something here, I don't see the attraction of doing all the excursions with Disney? Forgive my ignorance, I'll be sorting out our own excursions, maybe even just hot foot it on local transport a couple of the ports.

It's nice to see what Disney will be offering just unnecessary for me :goodvibes

I have done both a Med Cruise on DCL and an ABD tour. I quite frankly, don't see that it's worth it to combine to two. I don't see anything special with the ABD tour that to me, is a must have. The DCL excursions will be very similar and offer some of the same perks. I just don't see the added value.

Virgil
pirate:

Welcome! My oldest DD will be so happy to hear there is another girl her age...she will be 19. It will be her first DCL that she wont be able to go into the teen club and she is worried she's not going to meet anyone to hang out with. :thumbsup2

We rhought it would be great to go with our kids for our 25th wedding anniversary. Glad to see someone her age. She will turn 20 on june 2. What a birthday too!party: this is their first dlc. Can not wait pixiedust:

We rhought it would be great to go with our kids for our 25th wedding anniversary. Glad to see someone her age. She will turn 20 on june 2. What a birthday too!party: this is their first dlc. Can not wait pixiedust:

What a great way to celebrate a special anniversary and a birthday! My DHs b-day is the night before we set sail. So his will be celebrated in Barcelona, and on the cruise too I'm sure. My 40th b-day will be a couple of weeks after we go home, so I'm sure we will celebrate that onboard too.:thumbsup2

Hope everyone's doing well as we edge closer to 1 year countdown :woohoo:

We've just had a bank holiday weekend in the uk which was spent mostly by my dd exhausting YouTube of any Disney magic related videos she could find! I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed how fast the past couple of months have flown by on everyone's tickers but now getting twitchy to get everything booked in .... Come on release the flights already :rolleyes1

I too am excited for the 1 year mark! I just hope I don't forget to notice it as my oldest DD will be graduating HS that week. Time is flying by for us trying to get ready for prom, graduation, party, and lots of out of town family coming in. Then we are going to Disneyland for a week in July, so it will be August before we know it and we will only have 10 months left! :cool1:

Just booked this cruise this morning :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Will be doing the TA right before this cruise also. Got to do an 11 night Med in 2011, and really had fun (not long enough in Rome, but we are back - LOL!) and am SUPER EXCITED about being on the ship this long...

It is myself (Beverly), my DH Eje (pronounced A-ya'), DS Anders (13) and DD Emily (9) and we are from Kansas....

Looks like at least a few of you are doing the same B2B so we'll get to know each other really well.........

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Just booked this cruise this morning :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Will be doing the TA right before this cruise also. Got to do an 11 night Med in 2011, and really had fun (not long enough in Rome, but we are back - LOL!) and am SUPER EXCITED about being on the ship this long...

Welcome aboard and congrats on the booking :thumbsup2

Got my little DCL mail today, cheered me up after work, I didn't expect to get anything in the mail ....... it doesn't take much to make me happy :banana:

Welcome aboard and congrats on the booking :thumbsup2

Got my little DCL mail today, cheered me up after work, I didn't expect to get anything in the mail ....... it doesn't take much to make me happy :banana:

Me too. :)

My DH laughed at the part where they say "we hope you are as excited as us about your trip". Are they serious, they should do some research and see I am more excited than the kids.:yay:

Okay, so my kids are excited about going to Legoland Windsor at the end of this month, so they may pick it up a notch then.

Oh, and welcome to anyone I may have missed. :banana:

I really want to go to legoland, we're going to Ibiza at the end of the month and I just can't find my enthusiasm for it all I can think about is Disney :yay:

My room-mate just informed me yesterday that he booked us on this cruise. I cant wait. I haven't gotten any work done today as I have been researching all the ports of call and the things I want to do.

I can't wait to see Rome, plus it will be turning 40 later that year and I can't think of a better way to treat myself. :-)

So it will be me and my two room-mates

I am reading through the previsous posts in this thread but I am not sure if I missed something or if it wasn't there.

Has anyone posted a link to the Excursions that DCL has done here in the past? Just to get an idea of what might be offered again (as I know the DCL pages doesn't show them as it is still too far out).

Thanks

I am reading through the previsous posts in this thread but I am not sure if I missed something or if it wasn't there.

Has anyone posted a link to the Excursions that DCL has done here in the past? Just to get an idea of what might be offered again (as I know the DCL pages doesn't show them as it is still too far out).

Thanks

I found a link with the 2007 Med Excursions.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-repo-med.html

Just checking in as this thread has gone really quiet.

I am going to Legoland Windsor next Saturday with my boys and DH. They are so excited and can't wait to go. I got a really good price and we have the park to ourselves (well, all of us who work for my company does) for 3 hours. We can go in when the general public are there too, but have special time for just us, which is super cool. :) I just hope the weather is nice.

Before we go I will be taking my boys to see the Olympic torch en-route through the streets of where we live. We went to the Olympic rings in Cardiff the other day.

DSC_3387.jpg

And a practice run for Pisa. :thumbsup2

DSC_3383.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter