Aulani Owners Thread - ALOHA!

Heads up Aulani owners!

If you are an Aulani founding member, you can now start work on your tile.

According to my guide, a letter will be arriving in the mail within the next two weeks giving us directions....however, DVCNews.com sent a note out yesterday that the website is live. :cool1:

Yahoo!

Wow, we are founding members, so we are going to get to work on our tiles. Funny, I just spoke to our guide the other day (I was trying to get some information about the VIP/Rewards program people seem to think is coming), and he did not mention it. He might have forgotten that we bought enough Aulani points to be founding members. We'll be looking for our letter.

Actually - we just did it! I went to the website and made the tile. It was easy and fun - and our preferred name fit! We'll be looking forward to seeing our tile.

Hi Aulani owners! We decided to add on at Aulani last week on our MR cruise. Probably won't be able to visit until 2013, but I can't wait! :banana:

For those of you who have done your tile already, could I ask what you put on it? I see that there are two lines. Is it family name, then city where you live? or did you put something else? :confused3 Silly question, I know. I just couldn't hit the submit button until I asked.

thanks!

Hi Aulani owners! We decided to add on at Aulani last week on our MR cruise. Probably won't be able to visit until 2013, but I can't wait! :banana:

Congrats and Aloha! 2013 will be here before you know it! Hope you had a great cruise!! We'll be on the Wonder in July - can't wait!

For those of you who have done your tile already, could I ask what you put on it? I see that there are two lines. Is it family name, then city where you live? or did you put something else? :confused3 Silly question, I know. I just couldn't hit the submit button until I asked.

thanks!

We use two names as our unofficial family name - my last name and my partner's last name, so we put "The [First Last Name]'" on the first line and "[Second Last Name] Family" on the second line. We were happy to be able to fit that. We're from two places, so no need to identify them!

It looks as though our first trip will be August 2013 - we had hoped to make it for August 2012, but my partner wants to wait so that we can celebrate his 50th birthday in HI, maybe with some of his family from the Philippines.

Congrats and Aloha! 2013 will be here before you know it! Hope you had a great cruise!! We'll be on the Wonder in July - can't wait!

Thank you! The Wonder was fabulous, you'll have a great time! We miss her and her wonderful crew already :)

It looks as though our first trip will be August 2013 - we had hoped to make it for August 2012, but my partner wants to wait so that we can celebrate his 50th birthday in HI, maybe with some of his family from the Philippines.

That sounds like a fun trip! Our 15th anniversary is in 2013, so we'll be celebrating when we go as well :yay: We have a cruise to Alaska planned for 2012, so at least I have something else to keep me occupied so I don't go crazy waiting :)

Congrats! Could I ask what the current add-on incentives are on the DCL cruises right now? I've heard they're usually pretty good but that they change pretty regularly. We're going on one of the Med cruises in August and an add-on at Aulani has been lurking in the back of my mind (IF the incentives were right). We want to go in August 2012 so if we bought this August we'd have that booking advantage that nobody knows yet if we'll need or not. But we wouldn't want a whole lot of points bcuz we just can't go there all that often...but so just curious. We'd probably only be looking for about 50 points as we just use studios plus we island hop so probably wouldn't spend more than 4 or 5 days there. Is there any incentive on DCL for smaller add-ons or only larger ones?! I'm guessing that there's a large minimum requirement to get a tile?!

Congrats! Could I ask what the current add-on incentives are on the DCL cruises right now? I've heard they're usually pretty good but that they change pretty regularly.

Thank you, we're excited! :banana: We added-on 160 points, so it was $16 off per point (with the current non-discounted price being $120) plus we got a $500 shipboard credit and they gave us 18 fastpasses to use at either DL or WDW. For the founding member tile you have to buy at least 160 points.

They do offer other incentives for lower point amounts:
50+ points = $4 per point credit
100+ points = $12 per point credit

no shipboard credit for either of those, but I think the 18 fastpasses was for ANYONE who added on.

They did hint that the Aulani price would most likely be going up "soon", but they didn't give a specific date. From what we've seen/heard, cruise incentives are typically the best, both for adding-on and totally new purchases.

Thank you! The Wonder was fabulous, you'll have a great time! We miss her and her wonderful crew already :)

That sounds like a fun trip! Our 15th anniversary is in 2013, so we'll be celebrating when we go as well :yay: We have a cruise to Alaska planned for 2012, so at least I have something else to keep me occupied so I don't go crazy waiting :)

That's funny . . . we have an Alaskan cruise booked for August 2012 . . . on HAL's Zuiderdam . . . better itinerary and less money than the Wonder!

That's funny . . . we have an Alaskan cruise booked for August 2012 . . . on HAL's Zuiderdam . . . better itinerary and less money than the Wonder!

Very cool! We looked at that but we were able to rebook while onboard the Wonder last week for the same price as what we would have paid for the same room type on HAL, so decided to go with Disney again. My kids love the club on the Disney ships so much, that I'm not sure we'll be able to cruise another line for awhile! :laughing:

We use two names as our unofficial family name - my last name and my partner's last name, so we put "The [First Last Name]'" on the first line and "[Second Last Name] Family" on the second line. We were happy to be able to fit that. We're from two places, so no need to identify them!

Thank you!!! that helps :thumbsup2

Very cool! We looked at that but we were able to rebook while onboard the Wonder last week for the same price as what we would have paid for the same room type on HAL, so decided to go with Disney again. My kids love the club on the Disney ships so much, that I'm not sure we'll be able to cruise another line for awhile! :laughing:

My kids like DCL a lot, but we are doing a 5-night cruise with another family out of NYC in July (we're in NJ just across the Hudson, so no flying anywhere then). We've been on Carnival, RCI and NCL, and our kids have liked the children's programs on all of them. Camp HAL gets great reviews, especially during the summers and school holidays when HAL has more families sailing, so we are hoping for the best. I am especially intrigued by the cooking program that is part of Camp HAL. I did two Alaskan cruises with HAL in the 90s and really appreciated in-depth Alaskan and natural history programs, which our elder daughter especially will enjoy. Plus the chance to do Tracy Arm and Glacier Bay was too much to pass up. Sailing from Seattle was a big turn-off for us, because the sail from Seattle requires a lot more open ocean crusing and misses the most gorgeous scenery along the Inside Passage. Zuidy sails from Vancouver, which means that we get the Inside Passage, too.

We visited the Aulani models at Disneyland today. Absolutely beautiful! Can't wait for our first trip in July 2012.

I leave for Disneyland in the morning (business) and I would love to go look at the models. How did you arrange the tour? Where are the models located? I won't have too much time during my trip but I will make time to go look at the models. Our first trip won't be until June 2012.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter