Aulani Owners Thread - ALOHA!

I guess they changes offers for different cruises. I was pretty happy about the shipboard credit because we got it immediately after signing. So the final bill the next day reflected the discount. After researching once we got home, I've seen other people who have gotten the Aulani point for as low as $102. I wonder what's the lowest people have paid for Aulani points. In anyways we would enjoy our stays there for many years to come.

Just returned home from Ko'Olina today where we stayed right nextdoor to the Aulani sight at the Marriott Beach Club. It looks like it will be an amazing property. The Marriott was quite beautiful as well. We were supposed to get a hard-hat tour of the site, but weren't able to fit it into our schedule due to some unforseen medical issues and ended up wasting most of an entire day of our vacation. But regardless, we were so excited to see it first- hand! And, just so happened that the Black Pearl was docked just in back of the Marriott, so that was pretty neat. We are looking to book Aulani for Spring Break 2012. I can try to answer any questions about the location if you have any.

I guess they changes offers for different cruises. I was pretty happy about the shipboard credit because we got it immediately after signing. So the final bill the next day reflected the discount. After researching once we got home, I've seen other people who have gotten the Aulani point for as low as $102. I wonder what's the lowest people have paid for Aulani points. In anyways we would enjoy our stays there for many years to come.

$102 is what we paid. We signed up with the $114 per point les $12 incentive.

However, on this last cruise with the $500 gift card it would have worked out to slightly less. Like a dollar or two... nothing huge.

We went to a presentation on Aulani at the Contemporary some time ago and I think I remember that was the best deal. I forget what it was... but I remember there were no 2012 dues. We should've bought then - darn!

$102 is what we paid. We signed up with the $114 per point les $12 incentive.

However, on this last cruise with the $500 gift card it would have worked out to slightly less. Like a dollar or two... nothing huge.

We went to a presentation on Aulani at the Contemporary some time ago and I think I remember that was the best deal. I forget what it was... but I remember there were no 2012 dues. We should've bought then - darn!

I guess difference of a few dollars isn't bad if you think of 50+ years of wonderful family vacation in paradise.

We booked yesterday for a 10 night stay starting 9/28 (one-bedroom). :yay: I realize that everything may not be ready, but we are excited to spend time together in Hawaii. Now I have 7 months to get into shape! :beach:

Not an Aulani owner but just booked our stay at the 7 month window. Oct 12-17 1 BR Ocean View!!! :banana:

Can't wait.

We just added on 100 points at Aulani today! We aren't planning on going until late in 2012, though, sometime in December. I'm trying to convince DH to go this fall if we can borrow next year's points and use some of our VGC points.

Hi,

Just found this thread! We bought into Aulani on the Baltic Cruise. We pd $102pp. We plan on giving one week in July 2012 to our DS for his honeymoon and we also plan on spending a week there when they return. We bought 160 pts, got a founding tile, and plan on going every few years.
Aloha!

We just added on 100 points at Aulani today! We aren't planning on going until late in 2012, though, sometime in December. I'm trying to convince DH to go this fall if we can borrow next year's points and use some of our VGC points.

That is so very cool! Again, congrats (I know I said it already on our other shared home's thread, but it bears repeating!)

Congrats!!!!!! It looks like we have the same taste for resorts, VGC and Aulani. We'been loving our stays at VGC. I'm sure Aulani won't disappoint, with such a wonderful view of the ocean.

We're not a DVC owner, but we just booked for 11/17-20!! We actually cancelled a WDW trip to go to Aulani instead. Can't wait to start hearing trip reports at the end of the summer!

Also not an owner but hoping to visit in 2012 or 2013!! Looking forward to hearing everyone's trip reports when it opens!! It looks fabulous!

My spouse is trying to convince me to add on at Aulani and I"m totally on the fence about it. We already own at AKV and VGC, so my reasoning is that we can already book a vacation at Aulani. We have paid off our DVC loan, so we just have the monthly and year dues, so I'm loath to go back to a loan payment. Pts are selling at $100 a point right now, so while it's a good deal, I just don't know.
The only benefit (as I see it) to buying points there, would be the 11 month booking window.
Am I wrong in this? Are there other benefits?

That is so very cool! Again, congrats (I know I said it already on our other shared home's thread, but it bears repeating!)

Thank you! I'm very excited! :)

Congrats!!!!!! It looks like we have the same taste for resorts, VGC and Aulani. We'been loving our stays at VGC. I'm sure Aulani won't disappoint, with such a wonderful view of the ocean.

Are you on the West coast, too? I love VGC, too, and the Aulani villa models look wonderful! It looks like it's going to be a beautiful resort.

New Video over at the Disney Parks Blog

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

Thanks for posting the link. It's great to see the resort coming together.

My spouse is trying to convince me to add on at Aulani and I"m totally on the fence about it. We already own at AKV and VGC, so my reasoning is that we can already book a vacation at Aulani. We have paid off our DVC loan, so we just have the monthly and year dues, so I'm loath to go back to a loan payment. Pts are selling at $100 a point right now, so while it's a good deal, I just don't know.
The only benefit (as I see it) to buying points there, would be the 11 month booking window.

It depends on when you want to go to Aulani. If you will be going in the off season, I don't think you will need that 11 month window. Benefit to owning there is that home resort 11 month booking window so you can secure your reservation during peak season. BTW, where did you see the $100 a point offer for Aulani? TIA

It depends on when you want to go to Aulani. If you will be going in the off season, I don't think you will need that 11 month window. Benefit to owning there is that home resort 11 month booking window so you can secure your reservation during peak season. BTW, where did you see the $100 a point offer for Aulani? TIA

We live in the West Coast, so we'd probably want to go in early Spring to escape the rains for awhile. I'm sure that is going to be a popular time. Our guide told us about the $100 a point deal and recommended to us that if we're thinking about buying, to do so now because prices are going to be going up shortly to VGC levels.

I agree with Curiouslittleoyster. If you plan on going during high times, I think the 11 mo window will be important. I'm a teacher and so are my adult children so for the foreseeable future, we are stuck going during prime time. For us the 11 mo window is always important. We added on at Aulani, and we are able to give DS a honeymoon there next summer because we are pretty darn sure we can get 10 days ocean view if we call MS the second they open at the 11 mo window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!