Aulani Owners Thread - ALOHA!

Honestly, I think it looks ahead of schedule...every time we go out there, something new is done. And it's happening FAST. I'm not knowledgeable about construction but it is really coming along!

I have personally gone to that area of the Island and stayed for a couple of days in the past. It is gorgeous in its tropical essence and I know that DVC/and Disney will build a wonderful destination point for future visitors and owners. Enjoy your time in paradise Disney-style.

Aulani owner checking in! Thanks stopher1 for starting this thread. We're planning on celebrating 30 years of marriage at Aulani, but have decided to wait until more phases open rather than going on our actual anniversary (in December 2011). Being more flexible will also allow us to get a better deal on plane tickets for the family since air travel at Christmas time is typically more expensive.

I can't wait to see the trip reports of those who are Aulani-bound this summer and fall! =)

Honestly, I think it looks ahead of schedule...every time we go out there, something new is done. And it's happening FAST. I'm not knowledgeable about construction but it is really coming along!

That's good to hear as we are planning on being there in September of 2011.

We purchased Aulani points summer of last year and my DH purchased more as a surprise so we could spend 2 weeks a year in an ocean view. I just booked our first stay for Early December 2011. This is so exciting. We have tossed around the idea for a timeshare for several years and we came to the conclusion that if Disney builds one in Hawaii or French Polynesia we are in. Be careful what you wish for. About 8 months after we had that conversation there was buzz about Aulani. We couldn't be happier. Can't hardly wait to get there. Or at least see pictures of the finished resort to tide us over until our stay.

ALOHA. I look forward to checking in for the first time at Aulani. It is going to be a magnificent resort. Thanks DVC for building it!:cheer2:

This new resort looks truly amazing! Thanks for the link! My only time on Oahu was spent at the Hilton Hawaiin Village on Waikiki. It was a beautiful resort but in the heart of the city (or so it seemed!) Ko Olina looks like much more of a tropical setting...can't wait for the chance to get there!:cool1:

I guess you are lucky it's not open yet: http://www.kitv.com/news/26490893/detail.html

BTW this is why they had to disclose that there is a landfill nearby...
If you read the entire article, you will see that the wastewater releases were not just limited to the K'Olina area but were all over Oahu due to the very heavy rains. This didn't happen because of Aulani's neighbors so much as it did because of the weather. These kind of unexpected weather events are happening pretty much all over the world right now!

We were going to go to Ko'olina today, but due to the above mentioned article, we aren't. LOL. Really sucks for people there on vacation but some of the island is under a "brown water" warning (from stormwater runoff and overflows from manholes). We've been here 4 yrs and this is the first time I've ever ever seen rains like this year. While this time of year is our "rainy" season it does not normally pour so much and for so long like this year. It's been bad, reminds me of the rains in Florida! (in summer, the downpours, but imagine that for hours or all night...so of course there has been lots of flooding.) We just haven't had very long breaks of dry weather to dry the ground up.

This is the 1st time I've ever heard of the beaches at Ko'olina being closed, they are a protected lagoon and normally the water is great.

CrazyDuck--you're local, right? Has it rained like this before? (other than the 40 days of rain in 2006) The golf courses here around Pearl Harbor are flooded still...and I think there's another system coming Monday? I'm tired of the RAIN!

Thanks so much for starting this thread. We Californians cannot wait for this to open. Personally, I haven't been to Hawaii in 40 years because we keep going back to WDW for every vacation. To have this option is terrific, we could do a shorter trip instead of our usual 9 to 10 night stay at SSR. Do you really think this will open on time? I'm thinking it will be later because of the lack of finished photos.

CrazyDuck--you're local, right? Has it rained like this before? (other than the 40 days of rain in 2006) The golf courses here around Pearl Harbor are flooded still...and I think there's another system coming Monday? I'm tired of the RAIN!

What we seen in the last few weeks is pretty typical for Jan/Feb. It is our rainy season. The 40 days and 40 nights of rain back in 2006 was epic. I was ready to build an ark and start loading up the animals because I thought we'd never see the sun again. But these recent rains are not that bad... They are intense but they only last a short while and you get days of sunshine in between... Yea the brown water advisory is posted around the whole island because off storm runoff, but the beaches in koolina was the only beach closed because of the stuff that was washing up on shore (hypodermic needles etc...)

Has anyone heard about the tiles? I thought Founders were supposed to get a chance to design their tile, but I haven't received any paperwork about it yet. I've been trying to get a hold of my guide for an update, but no reply so far...

Has anyone heard about the tiles? I thought Founders were supposed to get a chance to design their tile, but I haven't received any paperwork about it yet. I've been trying to get a hold of my guide for an update, but no reply so far...

I received an e-mail in October about the tiles... Here is part of it:

Aloha, and congratulations on becoming a Founding Member at Aulani, Disney Vacation Club® Villas, Ko Olina, Hawai'i.

As a Founding Member, your family will leave a unique mark on this spectacular resort by personalizing a tile that will appear on one of four stone monuments known in Hawai'i as a Pohaku.

A member of our Cast family will contact you as work begins on the monuments next spring to make your tile selections. You'll choose a kapa pattern representing a symbolic element of the resort (mountain, ocean, bird or fish), pick a color for your pattern (red or black) and provide a name or brief message to accompany your creation (details to be determined).

With no predetermined design for the final mosaic, you and your fellow founders will feel what it's like to be Walt Disney Imagineers, making creative choices that will dramatically shape the look of your new home resort.

Hopefully we'll hear sometime this spring.

To anyone who has visited Aulani recently: How much of the resort is actually complete and does the construction detract from your being able to enjoy the part of the resort that is already finished?

Also, If anyone has stayed there with other resort points, How hard was it to get a reservation

Also, If anyone has stayed there with other resort points, How hard was it to get a reservation

The resort is not scheduled to open until August 29, 2011. Reservations are being taken for after that time period, but no one can stay just yet.

Just wondering if any of you fellow owners know... is there a website where we can view our recorded deeds for Aulani? I enjoy being able to verify my documents of record over at the OCC site. I'd like to be able to see my Aulani contract as well. Anybody know a web address? Share, please.

Evey =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter