• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani Owners Thread - ALOHA!

We bought our first Aulani points in July at the Disneyland opening week special. The resort hasn't even opened yet and we already had addonitis set in!!! We just bought more!!:lovestruc

We are in the midst of signing and returning our paperwork on a 100 point add-on! :thumbsup2

Congrats! How exciting :thumbsup2

We bought our first Aulani points in July at the Disneyland opening week special. The resort hasn't even opened yet and we already had addonitis set in!!! We just bought more!!:lovestruc

:cool1: That's awesome. We'd like more than we originally got, but have to wait to do that, but we have been running scenarios to determine what & when.

I am so excited to stay at this resort. I have seen it first hand while under construction and it looks amazing. Yahoo.

Aloha!

I am an island gal - born, raised, and long time resident from Oahu, Hawaii.

We are new owners of this resort! We are excited!!!

We have reservations for October 2011. :cool1:

Just added on 160 on the DCL a few weeks back - so we are founding members! Haven't decided when we are going - likely summer or fall of 2012.

Aloha!

I am an island gal - born, raised, and long time resident from Oahu, Hawaii.

We are new owners of this resort! We are excited!!!

We have reservations for October 2011. :cool1:

Just added on 160 on the DCL a few weeks back - so we are founding members! Haven't decided when we are going - likely summer or fall of 2012.

Congrats & Welcome Home! (now to only fast forward until later in 2011 to actually be able to STAY in our new home... :) )

Get excited everytime I think about stay here. :cheer2:

Received an email congratulations on becoming a Founding Member at Aulani. More info this spring when we get to make our tile selections. I guess all the paper work has gone through now.

Can't wait until I start a count down date but it will be a while yet. :sad1:

I arrived in So Cal on Friday for a work trip, with a pre-side of fun stopping in at my So Cal home, VGC. This was the sight that greeted me on the wall at baggage claim there at John Wayne.

PB260004.jpg

And this was the sight inside the elevator at VGC.

PB290272.jpg

And while I was there, I was able to get some of those fun Mickey & Donald Ko Olina stickers too. They had them at the DVC desk inside the lobby at the Grand. And the guy at the desk didn't just give me one of each, but about 8 or 9 of each... so :thumbsup2 - yay.

Subbing! We are DVC owners (BLT and SSR) and have fingers crossed to get in at some point at the 7 mo mark. We can stay whenever...we are already onisland as well! :) ALOHA!

We were recently at VGC, and not only saw the pictures advertising Aulani in the airport, and the resort's elevators - but now the DVC vans transporting guests to the on-site preview center are wrapped in Aulani artwork as well. Never had my camera out and ready when I saw them - but they looked pretty cool.

We are planning for summer 2012...........but hoping to be able to get in at the 7 months window...not sure how realistic this is?!!
Debx:)

Wow, It looks amazing! Being from the east coast, an add-on (to my 230 BCV points), doesn't make sense right now. Howver, I hope to get the chance for a 4 or 5 night stay at some point at the 7 month mark. Does anyone know how sales are going? Prior to it being sold out, does it make sense that "developer inventory" will be an easier trade?

To all you Founding owners...CONGRATULATIONS!!:goodvibes

When I called member services yesterday for December, MS saw I had Aulani points and ask when we were planning to stay. She told me to make sure to book exactly at 11 months. I did not ask any other questions of how it was selling or filling up. Just a FYI for people.

When I called member services yesterday for December, MS saw I had Aulani points and ask when we were planning to stay. She told me to make sure to book exactly at 11 months. I did not ask any other questions of how it was selling or filling up. Just a FYI for people.

Thank you for this info. I'm one who is hoping to get in at 7 months for early December 2011. I'd like to try the resort before we consider buying into it.

Thank you for this info. I'm one who is hoping to get in at 7 months for early December 2011. I'd like to try the resort before we consider buying into it.

The problem is there is from August 29th (Open) to December 29th 2011 - there are only 119 villas (there is a nice breakdown at DVCNews.com here: http://dvcnews.com/index.php/hawaii--ko-olina-resorts-175/1288-early-aulani-facts-and-figures

Once Phase 2 opens, the number of villas more than doubles to 257 villas, and then in 2013 the number goes way up when Phase III opens (404 extra villas come on line). So eventually booking at 7 months shouldn't be too much of a problem. (in my opinion).

We bought there because we didn't want to worry about that.

The problem is there is from August 29th (Open) to December 29th 2011 - there are only 119 villas (there is a nice breakdown at DVCNews.com here: http://dvcnews.com/index.php/hawaii--ko-olina-resorts-175/1288-early-aulani-facts-and-figures

Once Phase 2 opens, the number of villas more than doubles to 257 villas, and then in 2013 the number goes way up when Phase III opens (404 extra villas come on line). So eventually booking at 7 months shouldn't be too much of a problem. (in my opinion).

We bought there because we didn't want to worry about that.

Yes, I do recall that only one phase will be open - thanks for pinpointing the dates. I think what we'll do is have two back up plans - one would be to go after Christmas when the new phase is open or two would be to stay somewhere else in Hawaii. There are so many great resorts.

We've been to all the other islands mulitiple times but never to Oahu. I'm anxious to see what we think and also finally make a trip to Pearl Harbor. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter