August 28, 2004 "LOST AT SEA" Cruise

Hi everyone :wave2:

Wow, we're down to 20 weeks now! Even though it was a cold, snowy, blustery winter, looking back now it seems to have gone by pretty quickly.

I know that a lot of kids have off from school this past week or next week, but my sons don't have off until the week of April 19th! I'm really looking forward to driving to NJ on the weekend before, on the 17th, to spend time with family back "home". What can I say, I'm a Jersey Girl through and through ::yes::

I hope you're all doing well! :sunny:

have fun when you come to jersey. jenkinsons is open on in pt. pleasant so enjoy yourself if you go. have a great time and enjoy your family.:D

it is easter weekend and the closer i get to easter sunday the more tired i am just thinking about that day. i have the pleasure of going to:
sunrise service - 6 am:o
breakfast -:D
sunday school program - 9:15 with the small children
:Pinkbounc
regular service - 11 - until:)
dinner with the family

it is going to be a very long day
until we talk again

toniaprincess:

Hi everyone,

We arrive at WDW on 8/21 and are staying at the BCV until 8/23. Then we drive to VB until the morning of 8/28 and then off to Port Canaveral.

See you all there!

Ok I'm back and we are at 20 weeks:Pinkbounc

We were at MK on Monday and it was packed, I didn't know they closed it due to reached capacity, although I can believe it. DH and I said we have NEVER seen MK that crowded and we have been there quite often. Then we went over to Epcot and there was a 2 hour wait for Test Track, didn't do Test Track on Monday.

Went to MGM on Thursday and it was a pleasure, funny MGM was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Except for the 2 biggies TOT and Rock N rollercoaster there really weren't any real long waits 45 minutes at the max for Star Track.

Now for the weather, It couldn't have been better. On the upper 70's days we went to the parks and the days in the 80's we did the pools. I think the cooler weather is what made MK bearable.

Still haven't made air ressies or pre night hotel ressies yet.

Talk to you all soon
Joanna :D

Hello everyone
We have a change of hotels for the week of August 25. We were going to be at the Port Orleans in one room for 5 of us. Now we booked the Pop Century and have 2 rooms. Much nicer to hae 2 rooms. we will drive to Port canaveral the morning of August 28.
Looking forward to meeting anyone new. How many more weeks till we Cruise?
My daughter is getting anxious to cruise
Take care andHAPPY EASTER

Reenie
:Pinkbounc <so excited to see August get here.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

:wave:

We were at 20 weeks as of Saturday!

I think Disney this time of year is the best Weather wise. I too heard it was packed all week.

Hope everyone had a great Easter week-end.

I have not had time to post here (I'm a CPA and it's tax time) but I have been reading and following this thread. The group sure has grown - I think we were one of the first people to book.

Now that April 15 is almost here I can't wait to start planning. So many of the excursions look interesting. My problem is our 2 boys have a big age gap (12 and 5) that finding something both will enjoy is hard. I'm pretty sure we will do Stringray City and DS12 will parasail with Mom at CC. I have not a clue what to do at Key West.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mark

OK, I finally booked our flights. We fly in on Sat. the 21st and stay four nights at the Dolphin then on to the Hard Rock for three nights than on to the grand finale The CRUISE on the 28th. We did this same itenerary two years ago and it is GREAT. We call it our "summer tour". There are three "legs" to the tour, dolphin,hard rock and then cruise.
Now that the airfare is booked I need a good rental car rate for our stay in Orlando, that is my mission this week. Next week-excursions. The planning is getting very exciting!
I hope everyone had a great Easter and weekend.
Caren

Hello fellow Disney Magic August 28th Cruisers!

Just wanted to remind everyone that we have a cruise list site for our cruise at <a href="http://www.threecircles.net">ThreeCircles.net</a>. If you would like your information posted on the site, just send it in. Pictures can be posted too!

Only four short months until we set sail!

Also, I'm still gathering information on putting together a group for the Key West Scavenger Hunt. It sounds like a lot of fun and if you and/or your party would be interested in it, send me an e-mail.

Talk to you all soon!

About the Scavenger Hunt. Adults only? Can the kids get involved? Need info. Sounds intriging!

pauline

hello everyone :D

there has been so much rain latley i wonder if we should build an ark. :sunny:

question about the scavenger hunt. if kids are allowed what is the age limit becasue i have an 11 and a 6 year old.

let me know, thnaks

Toniaprincess:

Originally posted by paulinewdw
About the Scavenger Hunt. Adults only? Can the kids get involved? Need info. Sounds intriging!

pauline

Hi Pauline--

I believe that both adults and kids are welcome on the scavenger hunts. I called the company that operates them and they said that if we get a group large enough, they can get us a package deal.

Basically, we would form competing teams and attempt to solve the scavenger hunt before the other teams. The hunt is created so that you have to visit many of the most famous Key West attractions. The company's web site has lots of info and can be found <a href="http://www.keywesthunt.com/">here</a>.

Let me know what you think!

Wow, we're in the "teens" now!! :sunny: Only 19 more weeks to go.

Are most of you back from spring break now? My DSs have spring break NEXT week, so we'll be driving down to NJ from MA tomorrow morning. I hope there's no traffic!! :faint:

Have a great week, everyone!! :wave2:

We're in the teens:Pinkbounc

Have a safe trip and enjoy your break, we went back to school on Wednesday.

Looks like spring is trying to come through. Monday is suppose to be 80 degrees!

Have a great weekend all

It is a beautiful day in the city today 66º and sunny!

Can't believe we're down to 19; Wow, it's starting to feel real close. :bounce: :bounce:

I made my OKWest reservations this week so I've now got my air; 5 nights at the OKW; my one night at the Raddison; the car and the cruise all set. Only my trip back to the airport; can't decide between disney transportation or a car hire. Anyone have any idea off the top of their head how much disney would charge for 4 (2 adults 1 16 year old 1 13 year old? )

I'm assuming a car would be cheaper but Disney would be much easier.

I can't decide where to stay the night before. The Radisson website is showing a internet special of $85 for a standard room.

The down side, once you book it, there's a $25 fee to cancel it. I like wiggle room - I like to change my mind.

We liked the Radisson last time and if you figure in the $70 parking we won't pay, it's a great deal. OTH, I know there have been conflicting reports about what kind of room package you need to book in order to park for the week. Has anyone been told they can't park at the Radisson for a week?

I'm not sure if it's worth it for my peace of mind to book a cruise park package or pay a little extra so I can cancel the reservation if I so choose.

But that $85 is a sweet deal...

Florida is getting closer and closer.....
We are getting more excited now that Spring Break is over. My family and I just spent a quick weekend in NYC and had a ball. We can't imagine what kind of fun and (TROUBLE) we may have in the Carribean .
Are tuxedo's a necessity for the men vs a good suite? Its so much easier for the ladies to dress up I think... My hubbie is a jean and t-shirt kind of guy,,,,but he looks so nice all dressed up.
August get here soon.....
:Pinkbounc
::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Reenieny--

Travis and I both opt for suits rather than a tux. You'll see lots of both suring formal and semi-formal nights.

Hi All,
I just bought a tux for my 9 year old son. I bought it on e-bay for a steal. He LOVES to dress up. He was a ring bearer when he was three and ever since then he has just loved suits and tuxes. I can't decide whether to surprise him right before the cruise or not. If I give it to him he will probably think of reasons to wear to school. LOL
Now, I don't know about my husband, he looks great in a suit but maybe he should get a tux too. The pictures would be great.

I wish these were the only decisions we had to make in life, hehe!

Have a great week.
Caren

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter