August 22nd 2009 Western Carribbean Anyone?

I am a little bummed we will miss dinner as we have early seating and our excursion does not get back until 5:55pm.

Don't worry there is plenty of food on board for you, no one goes hungry. On the flip side of that, if you find out your dining rotation and learn that this is the night that you would have seen the Animators Palace Show, you may want to consider asking for an alternate rotation so you don't miss that event. We will be checking our A.P. Show vs. our Paolo reservation and debating a swap, too.

OK, so I was over on the Weather Channel website checking on Bill (I know it is no threat to our cruise, but still curious), and I started checking on our ports. Interesting pattern:

Cape Canaveral, Sat, 89 and Scattered T-storms

Key West, Sun, 89 and Scattered T-storms

Caymen Brac, Tues, 89 and Scattered T-storms

Cozumel, Wed, 87 and......Showers :-)sad2:) (Of course, predicting weather a week out is certainly not exact science.)

Today's weather in beautiful Downtown Newtown? 89 and....Isolated T-storms!

I was also happily shocked to hear that my favorite blended scotch was half-price compared to Michigan at ABC. Don't want to take a "good" bottle on board and have to dump it out. REMEMBER: You can't bring it back.

I'll have to make a note of your cabin number. Mark will have 375 ml of Dewars with him. Should be more than enough, but if he runs out, he may be knocking on your door with glass of ice in hand.

Hey Christie we got a new puppy three weeks ago Australian Shepherd, named her Jasmine in honor of Disney Cruise. We are almost packed. FE's done Just finishing up dog and cat arrangements and we will go 5am on Friday and planning to spend some time at Sea World. DH is a Marine so we get in for free. Anyway point was our Cocker Spaniel Daisy who is a little over a year, has a fondness for my underwear only. Can't understand it and drives me crazy she does not go after the boys underwear. Christie think you are leaving tomorrow. Safe trip and plane rides to those leaving can't wait to see you all on the ship:beach:Marianne!!!!

How sweet! I hope the kids didn't get upset leaving the puppy behind - when we dropped off our puppy with friends Brennan, 7, started crying - and has been crying ever since if somebody mentions the puppy.

Regarding Sea World, we were just there yesterday and I have some important advice - save Journey to Atlantis for LAST, and use the 50 cent lockers for anything that can't handle immersion in water. The ride is designed so if you don't get wet on the big drop, your clothes will be completely saturated somewhere else! And in Shamu stadium, the entire lower half of the stadium is a splash zone. A friend who works on the show told me the big orca can splash the first two rows of the upper section!

It's very hard to enjoy yourself when your clothes are completely soaked, so take the warning for Journey to Atlantis seriously!

OMG we got main dining!!!!!!!!!!!! We have been waitlisted since we booked and just got the call. Let's cruise :woohoo: Oh wait, I need to finish packing.

thanks for the advice. We are looking forward to it. My kids may cry tommorrow night when we take them to a friends house. I love the weather forcast too although I think it is even hotter in Hatboro

3 Days To Go!!!!!!

The puppy stories are too funny. :rotfl::cutie: What is it about underwear and puppies? My brother got a puppy and he only went for my niece's underwear - and that was her thongs!!!!! She was just mortified to see the puppy run down the stairs with her thong wrapped around the puppies head. :lmao:

Good to read we've got a group that knows its alcohol. Word of advice on ordering margaritas onboard. Many of the CMs make them on the sour side. You have to ask them to make them sweet. And if you're willing to spend the extra $$$ then ask the CM to use a better quality tequilla.

Safe travels to everyone who is on the road last night and today. The remaining group here is dwindling.

We have a big excursion planned in Cozumel. A three reef snorkeling trip with Eagle Ray Divers. We did this trip back in 2006 and loved it!!!! Only back then Cozumel was still recovering from hurricane Wilma and the snorkeling wasn't as good. Hopefully the fish population has recovered.

This excursion ends around 3pm so not too much time to shop. We usually make a quick round of the shops close to the pier. I'm the one in the family that haggles with vendors.

Both kids are on a one night camping trip with their summer camp. They are just tent camping about 1/2 hour from their camp. But its a strenuous mile long walk to the campsite and last year both kids had brought bulky luggage. It was a miserable hike.

This year they went with the "less is more" principle and just put their pajamas and change of clothes in their school backpacks. Then they can just carry the sleeping bag in their hands.

cant believe it but in five hours we will be in the car and leaving for our magical cruise. signing off and getting the kids ready for bed and getting ready for our sixteen/seventeen hour car ride to the radisson and celebrating our ten year anniversary on friday. safe travels to all the august 22nd sailers and have a wonderful vacation. enjoyed reading this thread:lmao:

I will be doing a dolphin excursion at Cozumel!! I'm sooooo excited for it, I've been wanting to do it since I was little:banana:

Are you doing it through DCL? Its a great excursion. Loved it when we did it.

I cant believe we leave in 2.5 days!! I need to start packing!!!!:thumbsup2

I just literally started packing the non-clothes: snorkeling gear, beach stuff. Then I picked out what I'm going to wear on formal and semi formal night. Got out the pirate costume. And then outfits for all the casual nights. Plus shoes.

In the past my formal and semi formal outfits were different colors meaning I had to wearing different colored shoes. Not this year. Both outfits are black so I can wear the same shoes.

I'm doing everyone's laundry right now. Tomorrow I will pack all the kids' stuff and finish mine.

Our flight on Friday isn't until 4pm so no need to get up early. I can pack all the toiletries that morning.

Last, but not lease, pack all the FE gifts. They turned out to weigh a heck of a lot more than I expected.

And get this.....DH just came up to me and asks if me and the kids have extra room in our luggage for his stuff. :lmao: The nerve :eek: I told him no mooching off our luggage.

The packing has begun and the discussions about what to take and what not to take are underway. We have an early day tomorrow but are going to head to DTD for lunch at T-Rex before driving to Canaveral.

Hopefully I will get a chance to meet everyone on the ship.

Are 5 checked bags a bit much for 2 adult and 1 child.

Not with current airline weight restrictions. My family could easily have gotten by with three suitcases, but we took five to keep everything below 50 pounds.

I am SO looking forward to beaches! Swimming pools aren't anything similar to a beach, even if they have slides, fountains, and waterfalls.

Just printed our boarding passes- in less than 24hrs we are outta here!!!:cool1:
See ya on the ship!

2 DAYS TO GO!!!!!
Well, today is our 2nd sea day on the ship. I have a feeling it will be a very late morning for us. Probably hit Topsiders just as its closing.

I will most likely do one of the bingo sessions. I love playing bingo on DCL but its getting super expensive. I'm not a big fan of those electronic bots. I think half the thrill is searching the cards for the numbers.

I forgot to ask who wants to hang out at Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay? Both kids are doing the teen wild side in the morning so I don't have to be at the family beach. I plan on doing some serious sun bathing at Castaway Cay with a good book in one hand and a fancy drink in the other.

As for today in real life......I have to run to the eye doctor's office and pick up a new supply of contact lenses. Was down to my last pair. Once I get back then I finish the packing.

Oh yes, have to remind DH to print out our boarding passes.

This is getting so exciting I'm having a hard time typing....:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter