August 22nd 2009 Western Carribbean Anyone?

Okay everyone......car service picks us up in an hour. Picked up the kids at camp. It was their last day of summer camp.....lots of tears from the girls.....end of summer camp is always a heart breaking day.

I don't know if any of us are departing after me but I'll make it official.....

"I'M TURNING OUT THE LIGHTS!!!!!!"
SEE YOU ALL ONBOARD TOMORROW AT THE DIS MEET.

Look for us in the terminal....we have Red Hot Chili Peppers t-shirts.

Greetings from Cocoa Beach! The Residence Inn is a great hotel so far, but I am exhausted after a day at the Kennedy Space Center. The day touring the KSC is one of the highlights of my life! Then again, I have always loved astronautics and I still want to be an astronaut when I grow up.

See you all tomorrow!

Greetings from Cocoa Beach! The Residence Inn is a great hotel so far, but I am exhausted after a day at the Kennedy Space Center. The day touring the KSC is one of the highlights of my life! Then again, I have always loved astronautics and I still want to be an astronaut when I grow up.

See you all tomorrow!

Were you by the pool tonight? The four of us were there from 8p - 10p. We were lounging between the guitar man and the waterfall.

Lights-out...?!?! Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell-no, and it ain't over now. Who's with me?

I say we rush the ship about 10:30-11am and make them give us fun for a whole week.

Just settling down for our last sleep at Old Key West, had a great 16 nights here. See you all in a few hours.:goodvibes

Must have missed you. We are over on the wall by the Dvc kiosk. I'll keep an eye out. My wife is sitting on the floor with my son who has orange crocs on. I have twin boys

Returned home a few hours ago to lots of rain here in Philly. Even the weather is sad that our fantastic cruise had to come to an end! I wanted to make sure to stop by here tonight to say a BIG "thank you" to all the friends we made on our honeymoon. It was such fun meeting many of you, and Colin and I were thrilled by the many well-wishes we got all week long. We had an absolute blast and are already plotting when Disney Cruise #2 will happen. (Hitting up the Disney Dream in 2011 might be awesome...but a 4-night cruise would be WAY too short...) Castaway Club, here we come ;)

...AND ANOTHER THING!

I promised a few of you that I would post a link to photos from our wedding. Here's the photo-sharing website we set up for all our family and friends:

http://s960.photobucket.com/albums/ae88/heathercolinwedding/

You can also find some VIDEOS from our wedding if you search "Heather and Colin wedding" on YouTube. Seven short videos from our ceremony should come up, as well as an episode of our friend's video blog. (He is spending a year abroad in London and played piano during our ceremony. He created the vlog to chronicle his experiences overseas, but devoted an episode to the wedding, too. In general he's a pretty entertaining guy ;) )

Enjoy! I know it won't beat seeing Colin and me frolicking about the Magic in our bride and groom Mickey ears...but hopefully those will still keep you occupied for a while.

Hi Heather, I will view photos later have to run to church and go pick up the dogs. Yes, we are already thinking about our next cruise too would like to catch the Dream as well. We wish you and Colin many years of magical happiness!

Great pictures, Heather. It looks like you had a wonderful wedding, and you two looked really happy together when I saw you. I wanted to stop at your table and say hi during our brunch at Palo, but I didn't want to intrude.

For some reason Michelle insisted we get up at 5 AM that last day. So, after watching the space shuttle launch, I got less than five hours of sleep that night. Then we didn't get our luggage at the Seattle airport until about 9:30 PM PDT, and due to road construction we didn't get home until almost midnight. Yesterday was a 22.5 hour day for me!

I am glad I was able to meet most of you, and I apologise for being so poor with your names :)

This was the best vacation of my life and I booked another one before debarking. When 2011 dates are announced I am hoping the schedule works for the Panama Canal repo. If not, I will either do the Eastern Caribbean or Mexico.

The best part getting home - my wife had been making snide comments about how much I was eating and how much weight I was gaining all week. It's her strange idea of how to encourage me to cut back. When we got home we found she had gained seven pounds! But I LOST THREE POUNDS! Ha!

I hope to meet you all on a future Disney cruise - I am officially hooked!

We, too, came home to overcast and dreary weather. In fact, our flight was delayed because of the weather in NJ.

But we still had some of that DCL pixie dust on us because when we got to our gate we found out we had been upgraded to first class on our flight. :cool1:

It was only a 2 hour flight and I slept the entire way but hey, it was nice to snooze in a big seat. :thumbsup2

This was our 9th cruise in 8 years and this was the best one ever!!!! A great big wonderful thank you to everyone in this group for making this a truly magical cruise. To watch the shuttle launch on the final night was the perfect way to end an amazing experience.

We had so many incredible experiences during our seven days together. We were so lucky that we didn't get affected by the hurricanes and we had great weather throughout the week. The entertainment was amazing (Ron Pearson was fantastic) and the CMs were terrific.

But the real magic was going anywhere on the ship and running into all you fellow red hot chili cruisers. It made the ship feel like home.

Back to reality :sad: now......my house looks like a disaster area. The laundry is all washed but piled all over the place. I still have to wash all the snorkeling gear. Suitcases are everywhere. And the kids' fall sports start bright and early on Monday.

And what's this awful nonsense about having to put away dirty dishes????:mad: Huh? We did takeout both Saturday and Sunday night. Monday night I will be forced to start cooking again. :headache:

I miss the Magic and I miss all of you :grouphug: Hope you all make it back home safely.

UGH...back to reality!!! I think I can see my floor in the laundry room. Now I just have to put it all away. Trevor has jr high orientation today and I start school on Wednesday (teacher day). We all start on September 8th. This is going to be a busy week with soccer practice and all the school open houses.

I had my kids pass out our fish extender gifts and somehow they came back with a few because they didn't see a FE, so I don't know if some had room changes that I missed or we made a big boo-boo. Anyhow, these are the staterooms we missed....2645, 2060, 8548, 7508. If you PM me your address, I can see them in the mail. Sorry about the miss-up...Tammi

Hi all.

Well, coming home sucks, but we knew it had to happen.

Huge apologies for missing most of you over the past week - we never made it to either the Saturday or Monday meets, due to various scheduling clashes and/or everyone scattering to the four corners of the ship, but your FE gifts were all warmly received. What fun!

Suffice to say, we had an utterly amazing time. The kids all agree that it was the best holiday/vacation they've ever had, and we're now doing the sums to see if we can afford another next summer. Being self-employed we might not know until closer the time... but we're looking at taking one of the Mediterranean cruises. Fingers crossed.

Once again - thanks for all your gifts. They really helped to make the cruise!

Hi all.

Once again - thanks for all your gifts. They really helped to make the cruise!

Totally agree!!!! You all are so creative. This is the first cruise where we've done the FE exchange. It was so neat to come back to the stateroom and see something in our bag.

I talked to some of the CMs about it and they said they enjoy seeing all the FE bags and all the door signs.

Funny story with us.....our flight to Orlando was delayed 6 hours and I had packed all the FE gifts in our checked luggage. Our plane was at the gate the entire time and I was getting more and more worried that the FE gifts would be ruined with the plane sitting on the tarmac for 6 hours in the heat.

Fortunately everything turned out alright in the end.

Funny story with us.....our flight to Orlando was delayed 6 hours and I had packed all the FE gifts in our checked luggage. Our plane was at the gate the entire time and I was getting more and more worried that the FE gifts would be ruined with the plane sitting on the tarmac for 6 hours in the heat.

Fortunately everything turned out alright in the end.

We had even worse luck, as I'm sure some of your can tell. Colin and I were both excited about our FE idea - we're the ones who gave out Tastykakes! - but Colin accidentally let the DCL people take our carry-on bags (which contained said Tastykakes) along with our checked luggage. Needless to say, things got a little squishy! I had been SO careful with them all through our trip down to Orlando and was majorly disappointed that our cream-filled yummies became so difficult to eat. Hopefully you all still enjoyed your little taste of Philadelphia anyway :)

Am wondering if anybody by chance ran into this problem. I had gotten a photo package and the last night I bought the binders with extra pics on the side. We opened them and they are STUCK together!!!! Then I call Shutters and they say they can send me some more but we have to pay for them because inadvertantly I exposed them to humidity . Why didn't they put a sheet or something in that. Damn I am so pissed!!!! Yes, back to reality I have to go do some laundry. I miss you all and yes wish we were all back there. We will not be able to go on another cruise for 2 years but will book it as soon as possible (and after I get a job) Hope all are doing well, although I am feeling like this:mad:

To watch the shuttle launch on the final night was the perfect way to end an amazing experience.

You know, I was wondering how Disney managed to pull that one off!

The kids are back at school, we're back at work (so that we can pay for our next vacation :thumbsup2), and the weather here is strangely fallish (but lovely).

It was our pleasure to meet everyone that we did, and sorry that we didn't get to meet everybody!

After our first Disney cruise, we felt we would do it again. After this one, we are definitely doing it again! Just have to figure out when. Next year is a no go, and my sister just claimed 2011 for a family trip to WDW (Grammy's and PopPops will unfortunely not go on of cruise), so it is looking like 2012 at the soonest :sad2:. Well, at least we'll have four ships to choose from!

Take care everybody!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts