August 22nd 2009 Western Carribbean Anyone?

Hi Dawn,
No I did not go to doctor. I was feeling better by Sunday however it went through the whole family. Body aches, temp, coughing (I was the only one who vomited) I wish we could go cruising again soon, but alas we have to wait until 2011. Maybe we can catch you the following August! Kyle won his first soccer game today, assisted on two goals, he was great. Well hopefully will hear from everyone soon. Christi, Kyle e mailed Matt. Did he get it?

Glad you felt better quickly. That was still a horrible ordeal to have to go through on a cruise!

Hooray for Kyle!!!!

Hi all,
I wanted to report Kirstin finally came home from the hospital today. She is doing a lot better now, and is back to her normal self - except that she is a bit slower than usual.

Unfortunately I don't think there is any way I could take another cruise next year, but if I find another job before medical and COBRA bills put me too deep in the hole I plan to be on either the LA to Vancouver repo or the 8/23/11 Alaska cruise. Maybe I'll see some of you in my part of the world :)

Poor Kirstin, I am happy to hear she is home from the hospital and back to being almost herself again. She will get there.

We don't have anything planned on the West coast as of yet, but the wheels in my head are always turning and ya never know. Hopefully one day we will be on the same thread again. That is always fun!

Good luck to you.

Nice to have met you.

Dawn

I'm sorry to hear of all those sick after the cruise. We actually got it on board. I started with a fever, sore throat and cough on Tuesday, Jack got it on Thursday and Ryan was so sick on Friday, I thought we were going to have to airlift him off of the ship. I've never seen him that sick and his fever that out of control. Jack and I both felt like we were run over by a truck all of last week and all 3 of us are still coughing. My friend who is a pediatric nurse swears we had H1N1. When I saw the ship's doctor on Wednesday, he told me to use my inhaler, take tylenol and drink a lot of rum to kill the germs!!! :scared1: We had a beautiful week, non the less.

:scared1: How awful to get sick while on the cruise. I feel so bad for you. That's funny that the ship's doctor saying to drink a lot of rum. On one of our earliest cruises DD got stung by a jellyfish on CC and we went to the first aid building. The doctor there told us that if you are ever without anti-bacterial cream to just use human urine (ie pee directly on your skin).

Just wanted to post one last time as I need some closure from that wonderful vacation. It was my first Disney cruise and I will now never cruise Carnival again. I am a Disney freak and just can't see myself anywhere else. I missed the sail away party and the pirate party (naps/bedtimes for my 2 boys) so I will definately need to go again soon to see what I missed. We will be aiming for sometime in 2011. We will be in Disney World the first week in Jan 2010!! So excited for that. We didn't really meet any fellow cruisers aside from the lovely family in the Walt suite (that was a highlight of my trip). It was a lot of work juggling naps, activities, meals, and shows with a 1 and 3 year old, but I wouldn't change it for anything. It was the BEST. I want to go back now. My son lost his "chip" figurine (from Beauty and the Beast) somewhere in our stateroom and keeps asking to go back and get it. I want to say YES!! Ok, signing off, and I hope everyone gets many more Disney cruises in their future.

Awwww......glad you could make it. I don't know how people cruise with such young children. My kids were 5 & 7 when we first cruised and they were asleep every afternoon and all of us were asleep by 10pm. This was the first cruise that I've ever been able to stay out past 10pm and enjoy all the adults shows and dancing.

Wow...I had no idea how many of us got sick either on the cruise or after. I guess misery loves company. We're all finally better. DD was at the doctor on Friday for a skin rash that started right before we cruised and all the salt water in the Caribbean made worse. You would think salt water would make a skin rash better but it did the reverse and she ended up with a skin fungus. Once we got home it started quickly spreading so I took her to the doc. The rash is almost gone now.

Well long time no post – Glad everyone made it back safely! I figured I’ld drop by the boards today to check out the pricing/info that all the gold &platinum CCers have been posting about the 2011 cruises. We booked a dummy res. while on board that we could transfer once the 2011 prices came out. Unless DW tries to convince the rest of her family to cruise with us, we are shooting for an early November 2011 Eastern on the Magic. Because we don’t have kids, we figured we would give an off-season cruise a try – plus both our birthdays are in early November:cake: Anybody have experience sailing in November? We Hopefully with the entire hubbub over the new ship & new itineraries, prices for the traditional Caribbean itineraries will stay reasonable.

I also wanted to make sure we thanked the mystery DISer :thanks:that made the door decorations for our cruise!!!! Hopefully we got to meet you, & if not hopefully we can sail together again sometime in the future!

~Bryan:disrocks:

Hi Bryan

We didn't book anything onboard. No idea when we will get to sail Disney again. Even though we have done 5 cruises and could have booked today there is nothing suitable for us.
We want to do Alaska(almost did it this May) but Tuesday sailing is no good for us with Matt at school, His school only gets 1 week off in spring so Tues sailing means too many days out of school. Only other option is August but other factors against that.
So looking like HAL or RCCL instead. They sail Saturdays from Seattle(also easier airport for us than Vancouver)

I also wanted to make sure we thanked the mystery DISer :thanks:that made the door decorations for our cruise!!!!

I knew I had forgotten something! Thanks to whomever decorated our door as well! I enjoyed finding the magnets up there, and my daughter really loved having them!

I also rebooked dummy dates onboard, and I am going to discuss a firm plan with family this week, since I can't book until Monday.

What would work best for us, assuming we don't move, is the Aug 23 2011 Alaskan cruise. But my first choice is the northbound repo. No Disney ship has ever been to those ports before and I recall Disney had a special celebration the first time the Magic visited Barcelona. Hopefully there will be something special in Vancouver.

Of course, regardless of what the family decides is first choice, booking depends on cost and me finding another job. I did find an IT job at WDW - maybe I'll hear back from them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter