August 22nd 2009 Western Carribbean Anyone?

Count me in as someone who cries whenever I see a Disney ship. I'm just an emotional sap and its getting worse as I get older. I recently saw Wicked on Broadway and was just in tears at the ending.

We have late seating and prefer it. So hopefully there will be plenty of you DISers in our dining rotation.

How many of you are dressing up for pirate night? We do.

Anyone interested in attending some of the late night adult-only club activities? Not that I can make it much past midnight but do enjoy the DCL post 10pm activities.

Kylelover1....so sorry to hear you lost your job. Hopefully you can bring home some Disney magic to help find a new job.

I bet our ship gets full by the time we sail.

We are heading off to the Jersey shore on Saturday for a week at the beach.

Sorry to hear you lost your job, Marianne. I am losing mine at the end of August, so I know how you feel.

KC - Count me in for the late night club activities. I doubt we'll be spending the money of pirate costumes. How was Wicked? I have wanted to see it for years! My wife and I are so mismatched - normally the wife drags the husband off to the theatre; in this family I drag my wife to the theater. Have fun at the beach!

Anyone interested in attending some of the late night adult-only club activities? Not that I can make it much past midnight but do enjoy the DCL post 10pm activities.

Is this a dressing up question like my formal night question? I think it is fun to dress up for pirate night, although I will not likely get a sawbones to make me a peg-leg just for it. Argh, mebbe I'll be lucky and come upon a lace front shirt in me booty.:woohoo: Otherwise, it will be resort casual for me. :sad1:

Now the adult club action, that is something I can get into. We had a ton of fun at the 70's party and at Disney Quest. Speaking of which, is anyone bringing 70's gear for the dance party? Do they have that on the 7-day?

Is it wrong of me to bring back my "Winner" hat from the last cruise? I realized after winning it, there is really NOWHERE you can wear that hat. In fact, not even on the ship since the entire crew would say congratulations every time any of them saw me. It is now in my Scout kit for hazardous duty. The hat comes with a good story, but one that will not be told except in exchange for your experience in Disney Quest, and it must be over beverages.

Any wagers on how many cases of fainting the ship's doctor will have to treat after the first viewing of "Tarzan"?

One more question, and please don't label me a hater, because I think that Disney shows and movies are great entertainment... is every stage show going to be a Disney Musical? Is there a snowball's chance in hades they might bring in perhaps Penn and Teller or maybe The Rolling Stones to give the cast a night off, all that dancing is hard work?

Kylelover1....so sorry to hear you lost your job. Hopefully you can bring home some Disney magic to help find a new job.

We will be dressing up for pirate night, but to go to Palo! I know everyone says not to miss pirate night, but last time it was the only night we could get, so now our opinion is we don't know what we are missing. We do have an early reservation, so we will be done in plenty of time to change and be on deck with the kids for the Pirate Party.

Would love to check out some of the more adult areas of the ship. Last time, 4 year old was a little attached, and needed to be in bed early, so we only managed to check out the "clubs" on the last night, and then just for a few minutes.

Marianne, sorry to hear about the job loss. Hopefully something will pop up for you soon!

And

Which Jersey beach do you head to? For week long trips, we usually head to OC, but I love the Seaside area. My dream is to own a little beach shack down there someday.

Count us in for the Pirate costumes and adult entertainment! So long as the kiddies cooperate of course.

Where down the shore are you heading? DW and the kids are heading down on Monday for a few days (Dad's gotta work :sad1:). I believe they're going to Asbury Park.

Marianne-
We are staying at the Radisson at Port Thursday and Friday. It is great that the boys will be able to hang out. There is another boy Trevor who is near us, too.

As Erik stated(bluemarlin) we are in for the adult clubs.
We had a great time on our last cruise there.

Marina has already informed me that she will be in the Lab until it closes. Hopefully with her new friend Kayla.
Matt will be hanging out with his friends at Ocean QUest.

:wave:

Paige is a December baby as well. Day after Christmas in fact. Her gift to me was only 2 hours of labor :thumbsup2.

BlueMarlin and stsomewhere, lovely family!

Thanks. It is one of the few pics where everyone looks good. We opted for black and white because Erik was really sunburned.

I look the same. Erik has shaved his beard
The kids look the same just older.

Maza-

Have a great time at your scout camp. That is an impressive number.
Erik and Matt are heading out to scout camp tomorrow. I am sure Marina has plans for us. Nails, makeovers, soaking in the tub, etc. She went to girl scout camp and made bath salts and facial creams. She can't wait to use them.

Count us in for the night time activities. :dance3:

Most likely not dressing up for Pirate Night pirate:...not enough room in the luggage...only paid for four bags and we are trying to stick with that.

Christi...nice family picture. I am also on facebook, so I sent Erik a friend request. You'll be able to see pictures of the kids and Jon. I think there are two of me because I am the one always taking the pics.

Oh, I'm so happy I will have some company for the late night DCL activities. DH is your basic party pooper on that and won't go but I love to dance.

I haven't been on the Magic since 2006 but last year on the Wonder they had a one-hit wonders night. That was fun.

Last year was the first time we let the kids stay in the clubs until they closed.

As for pirate costumes we wear black pants, pirate shirts, vests and hats. I have to carry all the hats as part of my carry-on. Definitely puts you in the Disney mood to be carrying around pirate hats in the airport.

We vacation in Avalon, NJ. We rent the same house during the same week every year. Last year the ocean water was freezing but this summer I'm told the ocean is warm. Not as warm as Castaway Cay but I'll take any temperature where I don't have to wear three wet suits to get into the water.

Oh, I'm so happy I will have some company for the late night DCL activities. DH is your basic party pooper on that and won't go but I love to dance.

I am excited too, I get the lecture that a person cannot live on 4 hours of sleep and enjoy the rest of the day much past one time in a week. So perhaps with the right peer pressure, we can see if this holds true or not.

I am excited too, I get the lecture that a person cannot live on 4 hours of sleep and enjoy the rest of the day much past one time in a week. So perhaps with the right peer pressure, we can see if this holds true or not.

That's when you are working 19 hours a day.

I am willing to sacrifice myself as a guinea pig in this experiment. Just remember....early in the week we gain an hour when we switch time zones so that gives us an extra hour of sleep.

I can not wait to party with everyone. We will be dressing up for pirate night too! Am running out to AC Moore to try and make FE's (please don't laugh if they look bad). I hope Disney Magic will rub off. It's a tough employment market, only good thing I am a nurse and we are usually in high demand. Talk to everyone soon. By the way Christi and Eric, I love your picture and am looking forward to meeting you guys. Can anyone answer my question about the magnets? Are we supposed to copy them and then put them on our doors?

Marianne,

There is no obligation to put magnets on your door. Of course, you're more than welcome to join the fun and decorate your door. Up to you.

Wayne,
First off some updates. My name is Scott, DW is Liz and DS is Spencer, we are currently booked in 2060. Called TA for an upgrade to Cat 6 and was quoted $1,200.00 I think we did not get the $300 deal because we are in a cabin for 3 instead of a cabin for 4

I show formal night on 8-24, is this correct? We booked Palo dinner on 8-25 and I am trying to decide if I need the tux.

We are also heading into Orlando early. We will be at Universal Portofino from the 19th to the 22nd. Anyone else?

We are also heading into Orlando early. We will be at Universal Portofino from the 19th to the 22nd. Anyone else?

We are flying out on the 14th, arriving just before midnight. This year the family want to visit the rest of the theme parks, so that's what we'll be doing in Orlando.
We plan to check out of the hotel Friday morning and drive to the Kennedy Space Center for the day, spend a night in Cocoa Beach, then meet you all Saturday.

We will be with extended family the night before the cruise, so a Friday night get-together is out of the question for us.

Hey everyone,

Well I just wanted to introduce myself and my traveling crew to you all as we will be joining your cruise :thumbsup2 Yes it was a last minute decision but I have to love the Florida residents rates on these cruises :lovestruc

Our travel party will consist of My dad (Chuck) who this will be his first cruise ever...YAY!! :banana: And he will be joined by my son (Christopher) who is 3 years old (he will be 4 in September) and then myself (Shauna) this will be Christopher and myself's 5th Disney cruise...yes 5th!! WOW I cant believe Ive been on that many Disney cruises! It will be our 6th cruise total though (did one 3 day on the Norwegian cruise lines for one of hubby's co-workers wedding)

Im not sure what all we will participate in since I will be mostly trying to get my dad to relax and enjoy his first cruise :laughing: And chasing after my son who ADORES the Disney Boat as he calls it. He is one of the children who refuse to go into the kids club..he is very attached. We were able to get him in there for about an hour on our last cruise because of our tablemates son who was the same age...and they became great friends and went in together after dinner one night.

Ok sorry i am rabling on...lets see...we will have second (late) dining (always have and always hope to have it...we like it best as we dont feel as rushed). Our cabin is on the second floor...I cant remember the room number off hand. :headache:

If anyone wants, I can post a pic of My son and myself (most people recognize me by my son LOL as he is blonde hair, blue eyed boy that is always talking non stop and usually dancing and singing around the ship).

I am also on facebook if anyone wants to chat with me on there ;) :thumbsup2 Let me stop yapping here, sorry Im so excited, you would think that after 4 cruises that this would be routine and normal for me, but im just like a child when it comes to Disney and the cruise ship:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter