August 22nd 2009 Western Carribbean Anyone?

Not sure if it's too late, but Maria, can you still add us to the FE list if you haven't closed it down yet?
Hi Trusha, Maria said end of July so adding FE after your name on my website list.:thumbsup2

Wayne, we got our room assignment. It is 6532.

Added :goodvibes

2044 & 2042, for us, our adult daughters and our wonderful grandsons, age 3 & 1. We were both in guarantee status and we were still put next to each other and couldn't be happier. Still disappointed in 2nd dinner seating, but will try to change once onboard.
Hi, Are you parents of aidtrismommy & dancingdisneygirl? I am getting confused. The profile fits with 2 boys age 3 & 1 but I feel I have missed something :rotfl2:

I'm getting so excited. DD and I were watching the planning DVD over the weekend, and I was getting teary eyed. I just hope I don't burst into tears when we get to the terminal.

Yes you will burst into tears, you have to :rotfl:

1500 messages now - I wonder if we'll hit 2,000 before our cruise.

For those coming to Florida before the cruise - the Kennedy Space Center calendar currently shows a Delta 2 launch on Monday the 17th and a Space Shuttle launch on Tuesday the 18th.

The Delta 2 has a window from 6:35 to 6:49 AM, and the shuttle has a target of 4:25 AM.

If you are staying later, there is a scheduled test of an Ares 1-X on Sunday the 30th, time TBA.

I was going to be post 1500 but just taken so long to compile the post you beat me:rotfl2:

Hoping to see another Shuttle launch, fantastic sight.:thumbsup2

I was going to be post 1500 but just taken so long to compile the post you beat me:rotfl2:

Hoping to see another Shuttle launch, fantastic sight.:thumbsup2

I am sure you'll have a chance for post 1600, and I wouldn't be surprised if we exceed 2,000 in the next four weeks.

Regarding the Shuttle, I have heard there is a bus service between Orlando and the space center. Does anybody know if this is true, and who to contact?

I really want to be there for the launch, but I will be fighting fatigue behind the wheel if I get up at midnight to drive to KSC.

Hi all...1500+ posts..impressive!
Trusha- have added you to the list!
I will be posting a list of all participants soon...and then PMing the details...so PLEASE let me know if you should be on the list but arent before I pm. I will be doing it this weekend- the only 'window' in my mad schedule at the moment!
Our dog goes on his holidays this weekend...off to the outlaws for the summer!:dogdance:...makes it all seem a little closer:)
all our plans are coming together...hotels, transport, villa,,,cruise:laughing:
Just park tickets to sort and we are good!
MrR- our DD13 was seriously disappointed she wont be with her sister in the teens club...although her sister feels a little differently!:woohoo: One reason we left it two years between cruises was so Lu could 'experience' the Stack, but its not to be..:confused3...the other reason being the cost ofcourse:laughing:
Our DD13 is a little shy too..but she did ok on our last cruise...so i am hopeful she will make friends and have a good time! Other DD is a social monster. No worries there...infact...maybe a little too confident!:rolleyes1 Some non-dis friends ( yes..we have a couple of friends in the real world too:lmao:) are cruising with us, and their DD will be with Juli in the teen club!
anyway...stuff to do...:laundy:...as ever!

Our friends went to WDW in May. They were able to get tickets to the lauch. It looked really neat.

We thought that wee would see a launch when we were there in Feb., but it was rescheduled due to a faulty valve.

As for shy children, not mine! Well, actually Paige is a little shy, but as that is in comparison to her brother, it's relative. Paige is 7 and will be in the club, and she will be happy to befriend shy girls or boys.

Hi Denise,

Our DD Rebecca is 7 as well and is a little shy compared to her little brother. She just doesn't get how he makes friends so easily.

Can't believe we are 1 month away - I'll bring the tissues too!

Anita

Oh ladies, I am the biggest cry baby around!!! I will start to get choked up when we get our picture taken and I then I will be blinking like crazy so my tears dry up when they call our name to enter the ship. My family knows just when I am about to lose it because they look at me and say, "There she goes again.":rolleyes:

Yes you will burst into tears, you have to :rotfl:

I was going to joke that you would be able to recognize me at the terminal because I would be the one standing there cryin' like a baby, but it sounds like I am going to have plenty of company!

At $427 for the family, this is too rich for my blood - especially considering how easily a launch can be postponed.

Although it is cool to be there (saw it close up once), it is great just to be in Florida for a launch. You won't be able to hear it, but you should be able to see it from Orlando. Am I being selfish if I hope it is postponed until at least late Friday afternoon (not bad weather, of course, maybe just some minor mechanical problems)? DH is a huge air and space fan. He spent most of Monday afternoon on wechoosethemoon.org. It would make his vacation if he could see another launch, even from a distance.

Hi Denise,

Our DD Rebecca is 7 as well and is a little shy compared to her little brother. She just doesn't get how he makes friends so easily.

Can't believe we are 1 month away - I'll bring the tissues too!

Anita

Just point her in Paige's direction :thumbsup2!

Am I being selfish if I hope it is postponed until at least late Friday afternoon (not bad weather, of course, maybe just some minor mechanical problems)? DH is a huge air and space fan. He spent most of Monday afternoon on wechoosethemoon.org. It would make his vacation if he could see another launch, even from a distance.

I don't think you are being overly selfish, but you are being unrealistic. The launch windows for this mission are very early in the morning; for an afternoon launch the mission would have to be delayed until we are all back home.

But, like I said, there is a test of the Ares X-1 on Sunday. Just postpone your trip home!

hello everyone, late subscribing. we will be on your ship cant wait. we are from new jersey and driving down. we have two children a boy and girl age eight for the boy and seven for the girl. we are trying to get my duaghter in the older club because she wants to be with her brother and look out girls , my son is girl crazy. cant wait to say hello to everyone and looking forward to it. hope everyone is safe in the next month and crusie here we come. :yay:

hey, another nj cruiserr, see you on the boat, we are with another nj family both celebrating our wedding annivesaries, ten and fifteen. we are driving maybe we will see you on 95 going down if that is your plan

does anyone know if it is a full boat? also is it true you can put beer in a rolling soft cooler and bring it on with you or maybe check it in to be sent to your room. please advise, thank you

Added :goodvibes

Hi, Are you parents of aidtrismommy & dancingdisneygirl? I am getting confused. The profile fits with 2 boys age 3 & 1 but I feel I have missed something :rotfl2:

Yes I am the mommy of aidtrismommy & dancingdisneygirl! I'm amazed you pieced this together! First cruise for our 3 & 1 yr. old grandsons. We have been on 15+ cruises, but this is our first Disney cruise. :woohoo:

does anyone know if it is a full boat? also is it true you can put beer in a rolling soft cooler and bring it on with you or maybe check it in to be sent to your room. please advise, thank you

Welcome aboard!!!
No not a full boat, I check every Monday but just looked again, the cruise before us only have Cat 4 available but for ours every Cat from 4 thru 12 (except 10 & 11) are still available.
Alcohol policy
Alcohol is permitted onboard. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Guests who request a Wine Steward to open and serve a bottle of champagne, wine or liquor that has been brought onboard will be charged a corking fee of $15.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line® reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage.

Yes I am the mommy of aidtrismommy & dancingdisneygirl! I'm amazed you pieced this together! First cruise for our 3 & 1 yr. old grandsons. We have been on 15+ cruises, but this is our first Disney cruise. :woohoo:

I am sure you will have an amazing time with Grandchildren on a Disney cruise.
When you posted I just felt I already knew something about you:confused3

Welcome aboard!!!
No not a full boat, I check every Monday but just looked again, the cruise before us only have Cat 4 available but for ours every Cat from 4 thru 12 (except 10 & 11) are still available.
Alcohol policy
Alcohol is permitted onboard. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Guests who request a Wine Steward to open and serve a bottle of champagne, wine or liquor that has been brought onboard will be charged a corking fee of $15.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line® reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage.

I am sure you will have an amazing time with Grandchildren on a Disney cruise.
When you posted I just felt I already knew something about you:confused3

Are you on this cruise? If the ship is not full, and cabins have been assigned (ours was early this week), does this mean there will be a chance for upgrades at the port or....will DCL call folks to upgrade? Just curious if there are as many cabins open as it appears.

RichieGracieMom,

Two years ago on the Wonder they would not let us move our daughter move up to the next age group. My son had to move down...which he didn't want to do. So needless to say my daughter stuck with us for most of the trip. I am not sure if this applies to the Magic as well, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Tammi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!