• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2016 - anyone else planning for this time?

we are booked at the Poly August 20 - August 28. So excited. We stayed the same time last year & had a blast.

Apparently, a new Summer meal offer is now available: One free Quick Service Meal per guest per day for guests arriving
from May 29, 2016 through August 13, 2016 (select dates).

I saw that... I think this is the line of
"Is it better to offer nothing, than this?".

Any deal is good, but this is $20 - $35 a night.. Looking so bad compared to free dining or room discount, but I guess they don't need to offer more to fill rooms this time of year.

Hi,
Do you have the dates or URL to find the dates of the one Quick Serve Meal? I can't find it. Thanks!

Disney Value Resort hotel for arrivals most nights May 29-June 30 and July 5-Aug. 13, 2016 when they book Jan. 19-Feb. 29, 2016.

Thank you. . . It wasn't showing up on the Disney webiste. Looks like it is not available at Yacht Club. Which is why it wasn't showing up. Thanks again!

We are booked for August 13th through the 21st at POR! I can't wait. This will be my family's second trip to Disney World. 1st visit had me hooked!

August 2016 park hours and EMH started appearing on different sites (not through My Disney Experience yet).
Time to get on planning which day will be spent where since February is time for ADR!
Enjoy!

Yet another reminder, for the umpteenth time, that promoting a business that has been banned from the DISboards, will result in infraction points. Using nicknames for the business to get around the board's word filter will also result in infraction points.

If you are going to mention a travel agency or other business on the DISboards, you MUST use the full URL: www.nameofbusiness.com. This allows the filter to screen out names of businesses that may not be discussed here.

We are going the end of august. Will be staying the Port Orleans French Quarter... 2 rooms... hubby, daughter and i in one... mother nad father in law in the other :)

We can't, of course, discuss disciplinary actions taken against specific posters, but yes, there are some businesses (not just travel agencies) that have received bans because they have repeatedly violated the rules of this site. We don't permit the promotion of those businesses on the board - in a sense, it amounts to using the resources of the site to provide free advertising for businesses that won't abide by the site's policies.

August 2016 park hours and EMH started appearing on different sites (not through My Disney Experience yet).
Time to get on planning which day will be spent where since February is time for ADR!
Enjoy!

Where did you find August hours? We are going Aug/Sept and I didn't see them on the Disney site. I make our dining on 2/28, I guess if Sept hours don't come out yet, do you think the same days/same parks will be recommended for end of Aug/Sept? It's hard to make dining adr's when you don't know the recommended parks.

Joining in! We have a week planned at BC in late August - we are in the process of trying to sell our home and buy a new one so as long as that goes through OK we should be on track for our WDW trip - we have made so many trips in the last few years that waiting until August seems like forever... but we need to be adults right now and get moved first! (Boo for having to adult...) At least we have a trip in the works and hopefully all will go well with our move that we'll be in hot, sunny, humid and rainy Florida for the end of August! :-)

Joining in! We have a week planned at BC in late August - we are in the process of trying to sell our home and buy a new one so as long as that goes through OK we should be on track for our WDW trip - we have made so many trips in the last few years that waiting until August seems like forever... but we need to be adults right now and get moved first! (Boo for having to adult...) At least we have a trip in the works and hopefully all will go well with our move that we'll be in hot, sunny, humid and rainy Florida for the end of August! :-)
I'm staying at BC in mid-August. Are you following the YC/BC thread too?
Isn't it funny how despite the humidity and the thunderstorms and being coveted in sweat before rope drop there is just something to love about Florida in August! :-)

Isn't it funny how despite the humidity and the thunderstorms and being coveted in sweat before rope drop there is just something to love about Florida in August! :-)
I am! We went last August and actually don't mind the summer in FL - I know what to expect and we feel it is "normal" for that heat and humidity and rain while at WDW. :-) When we go and it is colder, I find it a bit weird! Plus the low crowds at the end of August are awesome!

I am excited to book our August trip. Waiting until discounts come out - hopefully March?? Hoping to get standard view at Poly with a discount:)

I'll join the YC/BC thread since this is our plan for mid-August as well.
We love Florida in August too, it is the easiest time for us to go. We tried April in 2015 and, even though we had a great time, we felt like returning in 2016! August, because school is off, means going to the beach and then visiting Disney at a slower pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter