• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2016 - anyone else planning for this time?

I had the Poly reserved last year with the magical deal but cancelled and booked at CBR when free dining came out. Our family (me, dh, 2-12 year olds, 6 yr old) love to have a nice sit down meal and the price for the Poly and CBR with free dining were around the same and we chose CBR over the Poly. I would love to try the Poly but food for our family of 5 costs so much and we stay for 10 nights. It really boils down to a lot of good food or a nicer resort. Our sit down meals for our family came to around $200 a night before tip, so I was glad we went with the free dining but I can understand how people want to stay at the Poly, it looks amazing.

I had the Poly reserved last year with the magical deal but cancelled and booked at CBR when free dining came out. Our family (me, dh, 2-12 year olds, 6 yr old) love to have a nice sit down meal and the price for the Poly and CBR with free dining were around the same and we chose CBR over the Poly. I would love to try the Poly but food for our family of 5 costs so much and we stay for 10 nights. It really boils down to a lot of good food or a nicer resort. Our sit down meals for our family came to around $200 a night before tip, so I was glad we went with the free dining but I can understand how people want to stay at the Poly, it looks amazing.
I would always choose Fd over the deeply discounted deluxe rooms too. Since the FD bb doesn't start til Aug. 26 next year, it's a good opportunity to relax at a deluxe before the feeding frenzy begins. :rotfl:

Finally had a chance to resend my quote request and they got back to me within 30 minutes. On a Sunday... now I have to decide if Poly is worth $165 more for 7 nights, over Beach Club or Yacht Club. And since I've never thought I'd be able to afford a deluxe, I really need to read up on them all more! I know Poly is great for being close to MK, and the others are connected and close to Epcot. I don't think any of them have a great counter service, which is where I had planned to eat for breakfast at least to save some money. Wait though, the deluxe had coffee makers? Hmm. Could make things easier to eat in the room if I don't have to find my morning coffee somewhere lol. It's just me and my son (he'll be 6), first real trip (we stayed two nights at AoA before a cruise and went to AK for a day). What to do! We'll have 6 days in the parks, 2 each MK & Epcot I think, then one each for AK & HS.

We couldn't decide between Contemporary and Beach Club (we've been to Beach Club and loved it) so we are doing 4 nights at each. When we are at the Contemporary, we'll do MK and while at BC, we'll do DHS and Epcot. We always eat breakfast in our room such as bagels and oatmeal (use microwave and toaster at food courts). The magical deal is too good to pass up!

Just received my magical deal email quote ... If I book, will I receive a booking reference number that can be linked to My Disney Experience? I've only ever booked a Disney vacation through Disney. I'm a little nervous to book any other way but this deal is too good to pass up. Thanks! :thanks:
Last year we booked the magical deal for the first time- I was so nervous, but they were awesome! Booked again this year for Contemporary and Beach Club - had no problem getting it into My Disney Experience account.

Thanks for sharing the information! And the excitement!

I am really puzzled right now comparing :
10 days w/ park hopper and water fun and staying 10 nights at POFQ and
this Labor day deal which would give 8 park days w/ park hopper and 1 water park day and staying 10 nights at BC.
Assuming 15% rebate on the first they would roughly come to the same price.

It will be our 5th time to WDW but the first time trying the water parks. So the second option seems a bit slim, we would have some non park days. Also, we stayed at the GF last trip and found it a bit stuffy/formal... We think that we will get the same feeling from BC.

Any thoughts that could help us decide either way? It's all fun planning!
You have picked our two favourite resorts. I would go with Beach Club. We usually try to take off days from the park while at BC because we like pool days / evenings at Boardwalk / mini golf nearby. Last trip we went there for 4 nights and didn't do any park days at all. If you really wanted to do both, could you do POFQ with the tickets and then move to a room only at Beach Club (and continue to use the tickets from your stay at POFQ?) That would be the best of both worlds? Our next trip has 3 resorts (Contemporary, Beach Club, PORS) but we are only buying tickets on one of the resort stays. Good luck deciding, but either way, you've chosen fabulous resorts.

I am super excited to announce that, after reading your unanimous answers and running some calculations, we have booked at the Beach Club for August 17th to 27th, 2016 with 8 days MYW + PH + 9 FUN. 3797$ for 2 adults and 2 DD (11 and 8), amazing! Thank you all!

Thanks for sharing the information! And the excitement!

I am really puzzled right now comparing :
10 days w/ park hopper and water fun and staying 10 nights at POFQ and
this Labor day deal which would give 8 park days w/ park hopper and 1 water park day and staying 10 nights at BC.
Assuming 15% rebate on the first they would roughly come to the same price.

It will be our 5th time to WDW but the first time trying the water parks. So the second option seems a bit slim, we would have some non park days. Also, we stayed at the GF last trip and found it a bit stuffy/formal... We think that we will get the same feeling from BC.

Any thoughts that could help us decide either way? It's all fun planning!
How do you get a 15% rebate?

How do you get a 15% rebate?
The word assuming 15% was key. Besides the Labor day deal mentioned in this thread, there is currently no Disney specials I know about.
For my past visits, I had booked the package I wanted and registered to a few newsletters. I would then be notified when a special deal would be released and call for it to be applied. I also read that if the phone lines are too busy, there is also the possibility to book a new package and then cancel the old.

I am so glad I checked this thread. I am so excited by the quotes I received using the Labor Day deal! Deciding between Poly, CR, and BC! Planning to be there Aug 22-30 for our first WDW trip.
We were the same way and couldn't decide so we ended up with a split stay of CR and BC ... best of both worlds! Good luck deciding:wave:

I ended up booking Poly for Aug 22-30 using the Labor Day deal! Thank you all so much for posting the info. Poly wasn't even on my radar previously but it ended up being too good of a deal to pass up.

Hi. We just booked Poly for Aug 2016. I am watching for discount codes. When are they usually announces for August?

Going the first week of September, and we are finally able to stay at a deluxe resort because of that amazing Labor Day offer. I couldn't even believe the prices I was quoted- my family thought it was too good to be true. The BC and Poly are our top 2 choices, but leaning more towards Beach Club for the pool and proximity to Epcot. These resorts would have never been an option for us normally because of the prices, but paying less than what we'd normally pay for a moderate is amazing!

For myself in a room for BC 7 nights with 7 day park hopper, I am paying $1,886!!!!!!!

For my sister, her DH and their 18 month old - $2,269

It really is unbelievable! If we want to stay at the Poly, it is only $200 more! I am floored right now.

I officially booked Beach Club with this magical deal and also got 1 free bonus day at Typhoon Lagoon! My vacation time at work was already approved! I just got home Saturday from a 10 day stay at POR and I paid way more than what I am paying for 7 nights at Beach Club! Since you cannot add a dining plan w/ this deal, we are doing QS anyway with 2 TS and HDDR so I will be loading one big gift card for just food. I am so excited to be staying deluxe for the first time!!!

Last edited:
Going the first week of September, and we are finally able to stay at a deluxe resort because of that amazing Labor Day offer. I couldn't even believe the prices I was quoted- my family thought it was too good to be true. The BC and Poly are our top 2 choices, but leaning more towards Beach Club for the pool and proximity to Epcot. These resorts would have never been an option for us normally because of the prices, but paying less than what we'd normally pay for a moderate is amazing!

For myself in a room for BC 7 nights with 7 day park hopper, I am paying $1,886!!!!!!!

For my sister, her DH and their 18 month old - $2,269

It really is unbelievable! If we want to stay at the Poly, it is only $200 more! I am floored right now.
It really is a great deal! :thumbsup2

Just no dining plan. Get yourself a gift card with the value of the dining plan you would've wanted, add 20% for your tips and you will walk away with money still on that card:)
This is exactly what we plan on doing since we cannot add the DDP to our package. We were going to do the QS plan for this trip and pay OOP for 2 TS meals anyway, so getting a gift card will be great! And we will also purchase refillable mugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter