• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2014 watch

The price is $67 for ages 10+ and $45 for 3-9!! I know Frozen is hot right now, but, I don't think a buffet and 2 characters justifies that price- it's more than CRT!

Wow, that would cost us $269 for our family, lol!

Folks, *** has been banned from the DISboards due to repeated violations of board rules. Any posts referencing this agency will be deleted, and and posts advertising the agency's offers may result in infractions.

Just called Disney Reservations and had them apply the AAA 2014 discount of 25% to our room only at THV!!!! Saved almost enough to buy our tickets.

Still going to troll the boards here though to see if Disney offers a better discount before then :coffee:

Called over to Disney Reservation this weekend and asked to apply our AAA and was told it had to be done though a AAA travel agent. Question is was this a special promotion, isn't there discount normally 15% and did she say anything about not being able to apply a AAA discount?Thanks....

Called over to Disney Reservation this weekend and asked to apply our AAA and was told it had to be done though a AAA travel agent. Question is was this a special promotion, isn't there discount normally 15% and did she say anything about not being able to apply a AAA discount?Thanks....

As I understand it, anyone can get the AAA discount on room only. But if you want to book a package with the AAA discount, it has to be through an AAA agent.

My mom is a aaa travel agent and I booked thru here for the discount and you also get a couple of other discounts for restaurants etc.

No, it does not have to be done through travel agent. I have done this three times over the last eight years directly through disney reservations. I had a room only ressie if this makes any difference.

No, it does not have to be done through travel agent. I have done this three times over the last eight years directly through disney reservations. I had a room only ressie if this makes any difference.

It makes ALL the difference.

Well, makes sense now, Thank you everyone.. We had the whole Disney package with dining and tickets...:thumbsup2

We do too; it's what works best for my family.

For what it's worth, we always go late July/early August.

And we ALWAYS get a deal of some sort. So I'm cautiously optimistic that we will this year as well.

We do too; it's what works best for my family.

For what it's worth, we always go late July/early August.

And we ALWAYS get a deal of some sort. So I'm cautiously optimistic that we will this year as well.

We go around the first week of august and had a pin attached to our name 35% off only room last year... Hoping for a 35% discount, according to the history of Mousesavers there my be a discount coming out in early April :banana:... Need one to hopefully upgrade.

THAT would be right up my alley!!!

Fingers, toes, kidneys and everything else crossed!!!

Me too!! Dh and I stop using cc's so our trip is half way paid for already. I do live the idea of not having a bill. A discount would help.. I've never paid over 3,000 for a trip. A discount would help with spending fees.

Just took advantage of that awesome agency exclusive and booked 9 days at the GF next August at an unbelievable price...so excited :banana:

Not sure if this deal is still available, but would you also PM me the agency information? Thanks so much!

Just wondering what crowds are like the first two weeks of August. We've gone in May and had no waits but have also enjoyed 4th of July and New Year's Eve, with those being quite busy. A lot of schools start mid-August, so I figured crowds might be starting to dwindle at that time. Past August guests, what do you say???
Thanks!

Folks, *** has been banned from the DISboards due to repeated violations of board rules. Any posts referencing this agency will be deleted, and and posts advertising the agency's offers may result in infractions.

Hi Lynne, can you provide a little more info regarding these board violations? I have always found this disboards site to be an incredibly helpful source of info when planning trips and I'm curious if their infractions are the sort that would make me not want to use that company or is it really just a case of they are not a sponsor so they should not be "advertising."

As a source of good info, including an entire forum dedicated to doing Disney on a budget, I hope this site is willing to provide information for its users that would allow everyone the opportunity to find the best deal they can.

Thanks!

Hi Lynne, can you provide a little more info regarding these board violations? I have always found this disboards site to be an incredibly helpful source of info when planning trips and I'm curious if their infractions are the sort that would make me not want to use that company or is it really just a case of they are not a sponsor so they should not be "advertising."

As a source of good info, including an entire forum dedicated to doing Disney on a budget, I hope this site is willing to provide information for its users that would allow everyone the opportunity to find the best deal they can.

Thanks!

Hi

I am not Lynne, but I thought that I would try to answer your question. I used this agency last year to book a trip to WDW and stay at the YC. From what I have read, they have been banned from the Disboards for "advertising" infractions and not because they are not a reputable company. I had an amazing trip and the service provided by them was excellent. There were several other Disers staying at the YC at the same time as me who had good experiences with them as well. Hope this helps!

I'm so confused by this. DISboard guidelines state, "we welcome discussion of them (DIS advertisers/sponsors) as well as other businesses that you have information or questions about". I understand you don't want advertising, but this is the August discount thread and we can't discuss how to get a good discount? :confused3

I'm so confused by this. DISboard guidelines state, "we welcome discussion of them (DIS advertisers/sponsors) as well as other businesses that you have information or questions about". I understand you don't want advertising, but this is the August discount thread and we can't discuss how to get a good discount? :confused3

Not in reference to that business because of previous issues with them it sounds like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter