August 2014 watch

We'd prefer to visit the last week of August so it doesn't interfere with school but we REALLY want FD!! I guess we have to make a decision soon (w/in 1 month) as we'll be 6 months out re: ADR's.

What do you guys think the chances are for FD re:
Last week of August?
Third week of September?

Last time we went (2011) we were able to book FD over 1 year in advance!!

Last time we went was the last week of August 2007, we had free dining. I have tried to plan a return trip every year since than, and always had DH book that last week as his holidays. Hoping that we'd get the trip, and that FD would be offered. Sadly it has been pushed into September the last few years.
Since I've been pricing and watching this same trip for 7 years, and we cannot get the time off in September (I work in a school) this year I had DH book that week off 23-29 for this year, but I have no hope of a dining discount. Thankfully we figured out that OOP will save us anyhow.

well i've officially joined the august 2014 club - big family trip with parents and sister's family, can't wait to see the "new" fantasyland!

:(:(:( So, I got a pin, I called Disney today, The Pin was from March-Sept. Im planning to go Aug 8-15 and the pin didnt work for those dates. I could of used it the 18th. :(:worried:

I doubt Im gonna get another one

:(:(:( So, I got a pin, I called Disney today, The Pin was from March-Sept. Im planning to go Aug 8-15 and the pin didnt work for those dates. I could of used it the 18th. :(:worried:

I doubt Im gonna get another one

You found us!!! Yay!!! Welcome to August 2014

Why would that be?

Apparently the PIN codes try to attract people going in the non peak travel times so the current PIN code blocks out May 31 to Aug 17, in other words when school's off for the majority of the States apparently who finish at Memorial Day and return to school 2 weeks into August.

I've never traveled in august. We normally go Mother's Day week. Do you think there will be any discount at all.

I sincerely hope you're wrong; we're going from the end of July through the first week in August.

It's when we typically go, and we've ALWAYS gotten some sort of a deal.

Check the history-- there's usually something:
http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codechart

Same here. I currently have a military discount (40%) at AKL Kidani Village for 29 Jul - 8 Aug, but prior to that I had a AAA discount at CR, so there are or were discounts out there.

Also, I was just on Disney's site (always checking availability at BLT), and it popped up and said discount offers were available for my dates, but didn't say what kind. It said I should update my profile to check for FL resident or AP discounts.

That particular week seems to be blocked out on the PINs. :confused3

I agree, I called about August I have the deal from 8/17 - on (but I want to go 8/12 - 8/19, & the rep agreed that that week does seem to be blacked out by offers, she had no idea if that week will stay blocked out, but meanwhile the airfare is starting to creep up :worried: I'm not sure whether to keep waiting or book with the dates that I have.

~ Marina

I booked my airfare on January 3rd. (my dates are 7/29- 8/5)

Those exact same flights have gone up by $51 apiece-- it would cost my family $255 more to book them today.

I say you bite the bullet and book airfare-- but everything I've read says that Tuesday at 3pm is the best time to book. (I know-- I booked on a Friday morning. But I had been watching the airfare, and when it dipped I bought.)

For what it's worth, I'm flying out of LaGuardia (and back to JFK) and paying $244 each.

Thanks Alice, I think you are right.
I will hold off till Tuesday afternoon & hope they dip down a little (I have also heard Tuesday afternoon / early am wed. are the best times to buy airfare)

The only thing is I am flying jetblue (out of HPN Westchester airport since it is closer to us & cheaper than JFK) but I feel that once jetblue prices go up, they never dip back down again, you know?

I thought jetblue would post " ___ seats left at this price" before they raised the prices. No such luck! :(

~ Marina

OK, as of right now, the best price I can find for you on Jetblue is $266 per person, round trip. (morning departure, evening arrival back home)

Let's keep an eye on it and see what happens-- maybe they'll dip on Monday for the holiday??

For what it's worth, your current price is still better than the price I was looking at for weeks on end before I found my little dip. And just a little more than I paid in 2012 when we last went down-- then I paid $261 per person.

Reeeeally hoping for FD when we go August 21-28. I'm not getting my hopes up though because after looking at prior years free dining windows it seems to be getting smaller and smaller :sad2:

Now my dh got a pin..... Ugh!! 4-21-5-31/14 and 8/17-9/24/14 why do u tease me?? I would love to take the girls out of school but they have comp dance... Ugh!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter