August 2014 watch

Do you mind if I ask how great a deal you got?We are planning a trip to Poly at that time as well. That's the time of year we usually go, and Poly is getting more expensive every year, I'm always trying to get a better deal. My family says they don't care about the construction, I guess it will be ok. We will see.....

We booked the GF for 9 days in August thru the agency exclusive and our room discount came to just a little over 45% off. I'll be paying it off with GC's I'll get thru Target which will save me close to an additional 10% off (54%-55% off total.....I'll take it :thumbsup2)

Hi all.... Booked POR 8/16-23 last week. Monday, my mom (who lives in same house but won't be traveling with us this time) received a PIN in the mail.gggrrrr....holding out hope I get one

We received the same today. 35% off various dates starting in January and including 8/16 to 9/27. It was a snail mail flyer sent today to DH. I'm the one that books the trips so that was a bit odd. And a pin has more than three numbers. A three number offer is just a standard package code offered to everyone in the world and is not a pin. A pin is 15 numbers. The same flyer we received today also offered free dining January through March 5.

Does anyone know who generally gets these pins? I'm a loyal Disney customer for years and have never gotten one! I'm jealous. I usually book a moderate but looking for deluxe this time- does it matter what you normally do?
Thanks.

Does anyone know who generally gets these pins? I'm a loyal Disney customer for years and have never gotten one! I'm jealous. I usually book a moderate but looking for deluxe this time- does it matter what you normally do?
Thanks.

Its a subject that baffles most, I can't see the logic, it seems like it's to the whim of marketing.:confused3

We booked our August vacation a few weeks ago and so excited! It is our kid's first trip and we can't wait to excite them. :) Here's to hoping for some awesome discounts!

I think the comfort is easy now that you can confirm all reservations in my Disney Experience?

Umm, yeah. Dining plan may not be available at certain times of year but everything else is the same. They are legit. They get blocks of rooms at group/convention rates.

Is it safe to assume that the "Vacation Package With Free Memory Maker" deal is THE deal for the last full week of August (23-30)? Free Dining was available during that week in 2012 (and 2011) when we went but, according to MouseSavers, wasn't available until after Labor Day in 2013.

We are planning on going with family that have never been for Free Dining before and they seem very keen on going during that promotion. I tried to explain that a large enough room discount can actually be better than Free Dining but they weren't buying it.

Unfortunately, the last week of August is the only one that will work for all seven in our party.

I do agree about the Memory Maker promotion though. Not only is the room discount portion less than a regular room-only discount but it comes with the Memory Maker, which, I'm 99% sure is something nobody in our party will want/use.

One of my family members tends to get a ton of PINS so, hopefully she gets one in the next few months for August. Even if the Memory Maker is the only deal we get for that time frame, we will still be going...I'll just be a little disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter