August 2012 Car Rental Thread

I'm with Buffettgirl...I'm at $118 incl taxes for a full-size with my AP discount and the $35 coupon for the 17-24. I've been stalking Alamo everyday since I booked and haven't gotten anything close to that deal

I'll be so surprised if we see anything lower than that. Seems we scored big.

buffettgirl said:
I'll be so surprised if we see anything lower than that. Seems we scored big.

I agree..I think I scored big too....$16 a day INCLUDING taxes is a score in my book!

The rates finally came down for me today I stepped up to a standard (full size) and still saved $30!! with Alamo insiders and AD2359FDF I've tried every code and coupon and this works best for me, hopefully it will drop more. Linda :)

For those staying a week and needing a minivan, checkout the Advantage website. I got my minivan for 7 days for $201 including all taxes after using their $50 off coupon on the website's front page!

I'm not sure if I read it on this thread or another here on the DIS but can someone confirm that Alamo doesn't have a "Standard" lot at MCO, so you get a Full Size anyway? I'm almost positive I read that somewhere on here??:confused3

Alamo base rate for my week (aug 21-27) is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than it was this morning. with the $35 coupon you can get a standard right now for 126 total.

Amex rate that I used previous is still higher.
Costco rate 7015309 is cheaper base than the insiders rate. Full size will run you around $116

For those staying a week and needing a minivan, checkout the Advantage website. I got my minivan for 7 days for $201 including all taxes after using their $50 off coupon on the website's front page!

I tried to see the coupon but when I clicke learn more it took me to a page with nothing on but travel agent login?

Alamo minivans rates jumped way up.

Try a different web browser. When I tried it using Mozilla Firefox, it didn't work. I switched to Internet Explorer and there it was!

If that doesn't work, select the I have a coupon code number and then put in PC #: 167996.

Coupon terms and conditions:

Terms and Conditions:
• Subject to availability, this offer is redeemable at participating Advantage locations in the United States.
• Advance reservations are required.
• Modifying your reservation may result in a change in rate and/or disqualify this offer.
• Weekly rates require a minimum five day keep.
• Advantage age, driver, credit qualifications and weekly rate restrictions for the renting location apply.
• Taxes, tax reimbursements, age differential charges, fees and optional charges, such as refueling, are not included.
• Offers have no cash value and cannot be combined with each other, any other certificate, voucher, other offers or promotions.
• Not all vehicles, vehicle equipment or services are available at all locations.
• $15 off Medium and larger offer, the $25 off a Weekly Small SUV rental, and the $50 off minivan offer, are available for vehicle pick-up from 8/15/12 to 9/30/12.
• No blackout dates apply.

since I was having a hard time, getting the coupon...I went to their web page:sad2: lot's of upset customers posting there...it may be a tad cheaper but may not be worth it for me. Then I went further, and found alot of bad reviews. I have read they were bought by Hertz and they have improved, but have not been able to find many reviews to support that theory. It would be 75. cheaper than my Alamo rate, but with Alamo I also get a second driver.

Thanks for your help though I appreciate it!:thumbsup2

Take a look at when those negative reviews were posted. Most were in 2009 and 2010 prior to their acquisition from Hertz.

Until this morning the best rate I could get for a mid-size for 11 days Aug 24 - Sept 3 was $178 during the Alamo price drop a few weeks ago. This morning I got it for $153 through http://www.e-zrentacar.com/. I've never used this company before but they are in terminal and owned by L&M. They have a coupon page that saved me 5%, which was a few extra dollars off.

Hoping Alamo puts out some lunch-time specials again today!

** UPDATE ** It just dropped at 1:00.....by $3.76

Thank you for prompting me to go look again...I got myself a deal!

Had been sitting with a reservation through Thrifty (this is for our DLR trip and at LAX) but was a little unsure of the service and cars based on reviews... shuttles are infrequent, etc. However, the price was good at $112.

Been trying to get something through Alamo instead but the prices were nowhere even close. FINALLY today, just now!, I got ourselves a compact for $99 (taxes included) for August 22-29 through them.. Extra drivers are free in California :cool1:. Signed in through Insiders and used the $35 code to get that rate.

:drive: 15 Days until we're cruising down the coast in our compact car from Alamo!

What codes are you using? The best I've been able to get for 8/22-8/31 is $176.41 for a standard using american airline discount.

What codes are you using? The best I've been able to get for 8/22-8/31 is $176.41 for a standard using american airline discount.

I'm using the Costco codes 7014627 and AD2359FDF

Try this combo -- I just did it with your dates (not sure of pick up/drop off times so I just used 12:00) and it came out $146

Try dollar . com.... put in your dates and your location then search.
When the prices come up, check city specials. It is that easy and my price dropped 40 dollars!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter