• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 16th, 2014 - FANTASY Western Caribbean

Hi Guys

Don't know how I missed this thread as I've been checking from time to time to see if one has been created.

We booked on opening day and as we've done a couple of cruises on the Dream we were keen to try the Fantasy. We're from Ireland and usually take 5-6 week vacations in the summer. The cruise will be right at the end of our vacation and we'll be heading to MCO and flying home on the day we disembark :guilty: We've just got back from this summers trip which involved an Alaskan cruise on the Wonder which was amazing but it felt weird to be on the ship and dressed in winter clothes so I'm looking forward to long warm sunny days next year ::beach:

We're DVC members so the plan for us will be to start off at AKV or BLT for a few nights, then move down to Vero for a week before coming back to WDW where we'll stay at Kidani then move to OKW with free dining for 12 nights (on a promotion that's offered in the UK and Ireland.) We'll be picking up our park ticket then so this is when we'll be in full park mode and our last week will be on the cruise.

I'm interested in the Fish Extender as we've never done one before but wonder if you have to be super good at crafts to take part?

Anyway, enough waffling we're

Me ~ Jakki
DH ~ Steve
DS ~ Aodhan 17 (an Irish name pronounced A-Don)
DD ~ Niamh just turned 16 a few weeks before the cruise (another Irish name pronounced Nee-ve)

Looking forward to meeting you all :goodvibes

Looks like we might be neighbours as we're also in connecting 8A's

Sounds like a great, long vacation!

I posted to you on the Facebook page....you do not have to be crafty to do the FE at all. The majority of gifts we've received have been small, purchased items.

I must confess to a love of all things Irish, as my great grandmother was born and raised in Belfast and talked about Ireland to me all through my childhood. I've never been myself, but I hope to someday.

...I must confess to a love of all things Irish, as my great grandmother was born and raised in Belfast and talked about Ireland to me all through my childhood. I've never been myself, but I hope to someday.

Thanks, lets hope we get on the same list then :goodvibes

We're in southern Ireland but have visited Belfast and it's a lovely place

Just returned from a 7 day visit to WDW. I almost forgot how exhausting a straight week there can be....makes me remember why I love the Disney cruise so much. Same Disney feel, but at a much more relaxed pace.

So, now that this trip is done, I will be focusing all my Disney obsessive planning towards next year.

Thanks for adding us! No, it's our second cruise. We did the inaugural year cruise for the Dream. So, excited to be bringing the grandparents along this time!

We just returned from 6 nights at BCV and a cruise on Oasis of the Seas, all I will say is the cruise wasn't Disney. We will be on the Fantasy with all of you next year and I can't wait. So far we are party of 13 with 3 teens in there who love Vibe. I just this morning booked our stay BLT for the previous week. I can't wait, it's too far away. I will get a lil taste of Disney in February with a brief stay in AKV Concierge.

We are excited to be joining everyone on this cruise. This will be our 5th cruise.
Our family consists of me, DH, DS (15), and DD (8). I have asked to join the FB / FE group. We have done this a couple of times in the past and had a great time!

We just returned from 6 nights at BCV and a cruise on Oasis of the Seas, all I will say is the cruise wasn't Disney. We will be on the Fantasy with all of you next year and I can't wait. So far we are party of 13 with 3 teens in there who love Vibe. I just this morning booked our stay BLT for the previous week. I can't wait, it's too far away. I will get a lil taste of Disney in February with a brief stay in AKV Concierge.

We just returned from the Beach Club. We were there 8/26 to 9/2.

Never been on on any other line except Disney, but I would like to try an RCL cruise someday, especially on either Oasis or Allure.

Holbrook? I grew up in Farmingville, so right in that neighborhood. We moved to Nassau County after I finished 6th grade at Tecumseh Elementary.

We are excited to be joining everyone on this cruise. This will be our 5th cruise.
Our family consists of me, DH, DS (15), and DD (8). I have asked to join the FB / FE group. We have done this a couple of times in the past and had a great time!

Welcome...it's great to see the list of people on this cruise growing. Makes it a reality that the cruise really is getting closer.

Hi! Disney H and I just booked on this cruise:goodvibes So Excited to start learning more and planning. This is our second cruise. Great to find this discussion forum!

So happy to see there is a thread up for this cruise! We're in catagory 5D and have six other families with us! This is our third Disney Cruise, the last one we sailed through the hurricane. But we're back, we want our Castaway Cay Time!

If a FE list is put up please let us know!

So happy to see there is a thread up for this cruise! We're in catagory 5D and have six other families with us! This is our third Disney Cruise, the last one we sailed through the hurricane. But we're back, we want our Castaway Cay Time! If a FE list is put up please let us know!

Hi! There is a Facebook page for the FE. The link should be in the first post.

hi everyone!

We just switched from a March cruise to this one because it is working better with our schedules.

We are excited to be on the Fantasy again. We were on the Fantasy in June 2012.

This time it is my family of four,
Deb
Bryce
Derek (turns 14 on cruise)
Nicholas (11)

Also traveling with us is a family friend named Gail. She is like an extra grandparent to my kids.

Also my mother in law, Jean, and father in law, Jim, have a room next door.

We would love to do the fish extenders again as we have really enjoyed doing them in the past.

This will be mine and my husbands 7th DCL cruise and my kid's 6th. (we are going on a short three day kids free cruise in January to hold us over! We have never done this before but we figured we wanted a quick getaway why not be somewhere we love!)

It will be all of the grandparents' 2nd cruise.

We are avid DCL fans, WDW veterans, and love anything Disney basically. This will be Nicholas' first time in the Edge and Derek will probably want to check out Vibe, although I bet Edge will be a better fit for him this time still. He has loved the Edge on cruises past. Nicholas had been enjoying the lab but at the same time ready for something else so I think this will be his chance.

I look forward to meeting everyone. I am going to try to link up with the facebook page as well.

hi everyone! We just switched from a March cruise to this one because it is working better with our schedules. We are excited to be on the Fantasy again. We were on the Fantasy in June 2012. This time it is my family of four, Deb Bryce Derek (turns 14 on cruise) Nicholas (11) Also traveling with us is a family friend named Gail. She is like an extra grandparent to my kids. Also my mother in law, Jean, and father in law, Jim, have a room next door. We would love to do the fish extenders again as we have really enjoyed doing them in the past. This will be mine and my husbands 7th DCL cruise and my kid's 6th. (we are going on a short three day kids free cruise in January to hold us over! We have never done this before but we figured we wanted a quick getaway why not be somewhere we love!) It will be all of the grandparents' 2nd cruise. We are avid DCL fans, WDW veterans, and love anything Disney basically. This will be Nicholas' first time in the Edge and Derek will probably want to check out Vibe, although I bet Edge will be a better fit for him this time still. He has loved the Edge on cruises past. Nicholas had been enjoying the lab but at the same time ready for something else so I think this will be his chance. I look forward to meeting everyone. I am going to try to link up with the facebook page as well.

Hi there!

God, I would love to do a DCL kid free cruise one day, but I'm afraid my kids would kill me!

Perhaps I need to learn how to become a good liar so I can get away with it. :)

Just booked our post-cruise stay at WDW. We are going to stay for five nights at Wilderness Lodge following the cruise. We received a pin code in the mail yesterday for 35% off and I just couldn't resist. We've never stayed there before, so I wanted to give it a try.

I think we are only going to do 2 or 3 day park tickets, just hitting MK and Epcot. I would like to try some things we haven't done before, like mini-golf and bowling at Splitsville.

Have any of you made any pre or post cruise WDW plans?

Have any of you made and pre or post cruise WDW plans?

We're planning to stay 2 nights before before and 1 after at a DVC resort. Our 7-month booking window hasn't opened yet, but we're hoping to do at least one night at BLT. No plans for the parks, we're going to take it easy and explore some of the resorts we've not visited before.

We are discussing this now- thinking of a full week before, maybe at AKL then a few days after at Vero Beach. We have premium annual passes, might as well use them if we are going to be in Florida!

We have August 10 - 16 booked currently at BLT but are looking to switch at 7 months out...so many choices!

We have a cabin update: My mother (Janet), who was originally going with us, has decided not to come with us this time on vacation. AuraofForeboding, could you remove her name from our cabin on the first page?

Also, I booked our very first excursion. I made a reservation for Nachi Cocum beach club on our Cozumel Day. We visited there in 2009 and really liked it so we decided to go back.

Still thinking about what to do in Grand Cayman and Jamaica....

We've booked the Residence Inn at the port for the night before the cruise. Anyone else planning on staying there too?

We will be staying in the Beach Club villas before the cruise!

JKSwonder - It's great that you already booked an excursion. :thumbsup2 It must be on your own. Now you have me thinking of booking mine for Grand Cayman. That is the only island we know what we want to do.

We will be staying in the Beach Club villas before the cruise! JKSwonder - It's great that you already booked an excursion. :thumbsup2 It must be on your own. Now you have me thinking of booking mine for Grand Cayman. That is the only island we know what we want to do.

It is an your own excursion. A private beach club there. We've done it once before and we know we loved it so we booked it again. They only take a certain number of people per day. And I noticed there are three ships in Cozumel the day we port, so I figured I better get a jump on it. I have no idea what we are doing in Grand Cayman yet. Probably something easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter