August 16th, 2014 - FANTASY Western Caribbean

Aura of Foreboding

Mouseketeer
I know it's really, really early, but we are so looking forward to this cruise!

We booked on opening day, transferring a dummy reservation. We are super psyched to have 2 adjoining category 8As! :dance3:

Traveling in my group will be me (29 when we go), DH (30 when we go), and DD (will be just about 4). We are also traveling with my parents. This will be our second cruise, as we were on the Dream 4-night Bahamian on August 1st, 2012. By the time the first night was over, my husband looked at me and said, "Four days isn't going to be enough is it?". The next day we had an OBB made!

Now that we have discovered DIS, we are very much looking forward to making some DIS friends and participating in a FE. A FE group has been set up on facebook - here's the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/258966784242671

:confused3 Is anyone else on this cruise? :confused3

Roll Call (kid's ages are at time of cruise)

Aura of Foreboding - Megan, Thomas, Alayna (just about 4), Nanny and Opa (in a connecting room)
liberty6201 - liberty6201, her mom, her dad, Jackson (10), Ethan (6)
mouseearsmom - Jonathan, Auli'i, Alexander (10), and Nathanael (7)
JKSWonder - Jane, Mike, (Nana) Janet, Allison (13), Michael (8)
naf917 - David, Susan, Ethan (12), Conner (10)
love dvc - *Room 1* Vicki, Joe, John (15), Joseph (13)
*Room 2* Daniela, Emilio, Peter (15), Cathryn (12)
*Room 3*, Paul, Michele, Tianna Marie (7)
*Room 4* Mercedes, Eddie
bekkio - Bekki, Marina (16)
ndpeirce - Nicole, Rob, Dom (12), Mckenna (7)
CTdaizy - Deborah, Steve, Nicholas (13), Alexandra (11)
JustLoveDisney - Debi, Kevin, Gabriel (13)
howedaniel - Dan, Sandra (mum)
Teachtlbl - Terri and Sophia (7)
suffieldhockeymom - *Room 1*: Sara, Colan (16), Gavin (15)
*Room 2*: Mason (18), Matt (19)
*Room 3*: Kelly, Aarlan, Trajan (9), Lex (7)
thumpery: Marcy, Larry, Nathan (21) and Jacob (17)
4redheads: Susan, Jim, Gretchen (15), Walter (13), Heidi (11), Marcie (9)
lisalou123: Kevin, Lisa, Adelia (13), Scott (13)
Disneyrus: Chuck, Cindy, Nichole (21), Allison (17), Kimberly (15)
pamelalouise: Pamela, Nick, Brittany (17)
TinkTatoo: Jakki, Steve, Aodhan (17), Niamh (16)

:wave2:

We're on this cruise as well! We also booked on opening day by transferring a dummy reservation and will be in two adjoining category 9B rooms on deck 2. This will be the third DCL cruise for DH and I and the second for our three DDs. We did Alaska on the Wonder in August 2012 as a family and DH and I honeymooned on the Wonder in 2000.

We are:

Myself (Sarah), I'll be 41 (yikes) when we sail.
DH (Trevor), 45 when we cruise.
DD (Maddie), age 12 when we cruise.
DD (Tori), age 9 when we cruise.
DD (Ainslie), age 7 when we cruise.

After we sailed the Wonder last August, it was our daughters' wish to sail the Fantasy next. They're hooked on cruising. We also plan to visit WDW either before or after the cruise for about a week.

We participated in a Disboards group and FE on our Alaska cruise and made some really wonderful friends. I hope to get to know some new people again to make this experience another great one.

:thumbsup2 Welcome! We are so excited for a longer cruise this time!

We are planning on doing two or three days at Sea World and Aquatica prior to the cruise. We contemplated doing Walt Disney World before hand, but figured that 2-3 days would be a bit too much of a tease, and we won't be able to get any more time off.

We have just asked for a quote on this cruise. We are going on a Med cruise this Summer but really want to do a Cruise from Florida on one of the newer ships. We would do Disney first I think as it is our school holidays so can stay a bit. We live in UK and coming would be me, my 2 boys (10 and 6) and my parents. My favourite thing to do is FE!!! I REALLY REALLY hope this case comes back affordable so I can join you!!

We have just asked for a quote on this cruise. We are going on a Med cruise this Summer but really want to do a Cruise from Florida on one of the newer ships. We would do Disney first I think as it is our school holidays so can stay a bit. We live in UK and coming would be me, my 2 boys (10 and 6) and my parents. My favourite thing to do is FE!!! I REALLY REALLY hope this case comes back affordable so I can join you!!

I hope so to - that would be great! :tinker:

Yes!!!! We have just paid the deposit for this cruise. Thank you for the welcome xx I am so ridiculously excited now!!!!

Yes!!!! We have just paid the deposit for this cruise. Thank you for the welcome xx I am so ridiculously excited now!!!!

:wave2: That's fantastic! Welcome! Let me know first names and I'll add you to the roll call!

I am sooooo excited about this cruise. We already have a countdown on our phones!

My eldest, Jackson will be 10
Youngest, Ethan, will be 6.
Also travelling with us, in a family cabin, will be my mum and dad

I have a secret countdown but boys won't know until Christmas that we are going. They don't even know yet that we are cruising the Med in August!! My eldest is desperate to visit Casraway Cay, he is just disappointed the Pirates ship is no longer there!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :cool1:

Have a great cruise!

My family is on this cruise! My husband, myself and our two boys ( 7 and 10 ) . We are so excited!:yay:

For the roll call: Jonathan and Auli'i and our boys Alexander 10, and Nathanael 7

My family is on this cruise! My husband, myself and our two boys ( 7 and 10 ) . We are so excited!:yay:

For the roll call: Jonathan and Auli'i and our boys Alexander 10, and Nathanael 7

That's fantastic! :cool1: Is it your first cruise on DCL?

So far our cruise meet list has a few kids all around the same age - that's exciting for you guys!

I added you to the roll call - Welcome! :yay:

We are booked on this cruise, so please add us to the roll call. :goodvibes

We transferred a dummy reservation on opening day. We are in Stateroom 7102, the exact same stateroom we had on the Fantasy in August 2012.

We are:

Myself (Jane)
DH - (Mike)
My mom and the kid's Nana - (Janet)
DD - (Allison)......age 13 at cruise time
DS - (Michael)......age 8 at cruise time

This will be our fourth cruise. We did a 4 day Wonder in October 2009, a 7 day Western Magic in October 2010 and a 7 Day Eastern Fantasy in August 2012.

Really looking forward to the new port of Jamaica and seeing what excursions might be offered.

We are booked on this cruise, so please add us to the roll call. :goodvibes

We transferred a dummy reservation on opening day. We are in Stateroom 7102, the exact same stateroom we had on the Fantasy in August 2012.

:welcome:

Having the same stateroom would be pretty cool - just like coming home!

We are super excited about getting the 8As that we wanted - I think they will be perfect for our family. We are really excited about getting to explore the Fantasy, as we barely scratched the surface on the Dream in August.

What was your favourite feature of the Fantasy?

:welcome:

Having the same stateroom would be pretty cool - just like coming home!

We are super excited about getting the 8As that we wanted - I think they will be perfect for our family. We are really excited about getting to explore the Fantasy, as we barely scratched the surface on the Dream in August.

What was your favourite feature of the Fantasy?

I think we all loved the Aquaduck the best. We rode it as many times as we could.

DH and I really loved some of the adult/bar areas, Skyline, the Meridian and O'Gills pubs being our favorites. The CM who did most of the adult entertainment in the Tube was a lot of fun....I hope he is on the ship again when we sail.

Allison and I had a lot fun running all around the ship playing the Midship Detective Agency. We completed all three of the mysteries.

My son couldn't get enough of the the kid's clubs, but I don't think my daughter gave the Edge enough of a chance. I hope she gives it a better shot this time. She is VERY shy, so its hard to get her involved with things. My son is the opposite....he wants to make friends with everyone.

We are booked on this cruise, so please add us to the roll call!:cool1:

We are in Stateroom 6508.

We are:

Me - David
DW - Susan
DS - (Ethan)......age 12 at cruise time
DS - (Connor)......age 10 at cruise time

This will be our second cruise. We did a 4 day Dream Thanksgiving cruise in November 2011.

My son couldn't get enough of the the kid's clubs, but I don't think my daughter gave the Edge enough of a chance. I hope she gives it a better shot this time. She is VERY shy, so its hard to get her involved with things. My son is the opposite....he wants to make friends with everyone.

My older daughter, Maddie, is a bit shy as well and this will be her first time trying out the Edge. She didn't like the Lab/Club on our cruise last summer because I think she didn't take the time to get to know anyone. She'll be 12 when we cruise and I'm hoping she'll be excited to have some time on her own away from her two little sisters and us since we are fast approaching the stage where we are no longer considered cool in her world. :cool1:

We are booked on this cruise, so please add us to the roll call!:cool1:

We are in Stateroom 6508.

We are:

Me - David
DW - Susan
DS - (Ethan)......age 12 at cruise time
DS - (Connor)......age 10 at cruise time

This will be our second cruise. We did a 4 day Dream Thanksgiving cruise in November 2011.

:welcome: I've added you to the list! I'm really excited that our cruise meet thread is picking up - it seems like the cruise is a million years away, but I know it will be here before we know it!

We booked the week the dates came out! We were on the Hurricane Sandy cruise, and we are glad to be back on a Disney Cruise! This time we're bringing 15 others with us! Some first timers too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter