1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

August 16th, 2014 - FANTASY Western Caribbean

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by Aura of Foreboding, Jan 18, 2013.

1. thumpery

thumpery Mouseketeer

Hello everyone! We just booked this cruise yesterday. It will be our 9th DCL cruise! In a few short weeks we will be heading out on the Disney Magic for a 12 night Mediterranean cruise. :goodvibes

We were on the Fantasy last May, and fell in love with her. Actually, we love all the ships! :thumbsup2

We are Marcy, Larry, Nathan (21) and Jacob (17). It will be Jacob's birthday cruise, which is bittersweet as it will be the last time he will be able to go into the clubs. He has been sailing on DCL since he was 5 years old.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

A Med cruise? Would LOVE to try that someday.

So great to see the thread picking up with new Disers being added. Looking forward to getting to know all of you over the next year as we plan.

4. suffieldhockeymom

suffieldhockeymom DIS Veteran

Welcome to the group! My 3 will be 18 (Mason), 16 (Colan) and 15 (Gavin). Mason is bringing his friend Matt (19) because he will be too old for the club. :(
    Glad to see there's another in the 18-21 group

5. WoodDisney

WoodDisney Earning My Ears

6. bekkio

bekkio Mouseketeer

7. mcolivieri98

mcolivieri98 Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone!
    My name is Marina, and this will be my 3rd disney cruise (my second is in about 3 weeks). I'll be 16 at the time of the cruise and I'm looking forward to meeting other teens before the cruise.

I just requested to be part of the group on facebook.

8. thumpery

thumpery Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the "Welcomes"! So happy to see others in the college age group! Really looking forward to a new port - Jamaica! Our favorite island so far has been Grand Cayman. So friendly and beautiful!

This is our first time to Europe and are very overwhelmed and excited! Thank goodness Mickey his holding my hand through the process. :thumbsup2

I'm hoping that this cruise forum will stay active since I don't have a facebook account.

Have a wonderful weekend!

9. thumpery

thumpery Mouseketeer

Hi Marina and Welcome! Where is your upcoming cruise to? We leave in approximately 3 weeks too!

10. mcolivieri98

Thanks! We're going on the 7N Eastern Caribbean (Disney Fantasy) on June 29

11. Aura of Foreboding

Aura of Foreboding Mouseketeer

I will update the roll call today - I have been away.

I have requested to join the Facebook group as well.

Welcome to all!

12. thumpery

thumpery Mouseketeer

Thanks for updating the roll call. It's seems like this trip is more official now! :thumbsup2

Marina - You must be very excited and starting to pack too! Have a wonderful cruise.

13. sadielovesu

sadielovesu Earning My Ears

We will be joining this cruise also! We just left the Fantasy in April and we loved it so much we booked a dummy cruise also and this is the date we picked!! SO EXCITED to go to Jamaica!:cool1::banana::love:

I hope someone starts a facebook page for all of us also because I am horrible at this page. Im not very good at navigating this thing!! lol. I did sign up for the facebook fe page and we did that last cruise also. We got so many good things!!! I cant wait for this trip! :)

14. yaddakal

yaddakal Mouseketeer

Moved our dummy date to this date today! Fingers crossed its the weather. I'm nervous but rates so much better!

15. yaddakal

yaddakal Mouseketeer

We are Kerry 39, George 39, Bryan 10, Maya 8

16. Lorge2512

Lorge2512 Earning My Ears

We will be on the Fantasy August 16 and wanted to be a part of the FE groups. Do you have to physically join a group or just bring goodies and your fish extender?
    We will have three children with us on the cruise (8, 6, and 3 years )

Thanks for any help,

Tina Lorge

17. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

Hi!

Usually someone on a meet thread like this will start keeping a list of who wants to do the FE. A cut off date for sign up is given some point closer to the cruise, so that people have enough time to get their gifts together and know exactly how many they need. You will then have a list of cabins participating and those are the cabins you deliver your gifts to. The person organizing the FE also will usually arrange away to find out about last minute cabin changes or assignments, such as a dry erase board on their cabin door listing any changes.

18. 4redheads

4redheads Earning My Ears

Hello, we are excited to finally join the group. We also transferred dummy reservations and got our rooms on opening day. This will be our third Disney cruise. We were on the Dream a few years back, way too short of a cruise, and did the Fantasy about the same time in 2012. We loved our rooms so much we got them again. The front of the ship, where the round windows are, have 'free' space in the rooms due to the angle of the wall. We found it perfect to put a bed on the floor there. It was a special place to be since you can look up and see the stars. Mom and Dad liked it as it meant we had a parents room and a children's room!

Yes, definitely love to have a Fish Extender group again this time. Since it doesn't look like there is one started I'll volunteer for the early bird group. If you are interested PM me and I will start a list. Aura of Foreboding- please add me as a FE group contact.

Mom- Susan, Dad- Jim
    Gretchen 15 (how did that happen so fast?!)
    Walter 13
    Heidi 11
    Marcie 9 (babies do grow up)

You will recognize them as the kids all have red hair.
    And no Mom and Dad don't (neither do the grandparents- it goes way back on both sides). We know how the first conversation goes!

Anyone else taking the train to get there?

19. mcolivieri98

Hi, I'm Marina (I posted about a month ago) and I'm currently looking for teens to hangout with during the cruise. I'll be 16 and this will be my 3rd disney cruise

20. 4redheads

4redheads Earning My Ears

Hello,
    Please pm me so my DD, will be 15, can connect with you from her iPod touch. I can't figure out how to start a pm from the mobile. My DD loves to try everything!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

21. mcolivieri98

Hi! I can't PM people yet, but I am a member of the group on facebook so we can message back and forth, (link is on page 5, can't post links yet either). I can also give you my email if you don't have access to facebook.