August 13, 2009 - 10 Years of Wonderful Cruising

Hi!
I now think Ken has an easier meet idea. (I do tend to try to complicate a situation sometimes!)

I vote for a meet at 3:00 pm on deck 10, starboard side, overlooking the Goofy pool, while Ken's there.

Barb

I just looked at a recent 3 day navigator and there is a DVC member celebration from 2:30 to 3:30. I guess we could do a short dismeet right before that at 2:00 so those that want to attend can go at 2:30. The lifeboat drill starts at 4:00. That would at least give us a little time to meet and greet and give out lanyards and name badges.

Ken

I just looked at a recent 3 day navigator and there is a DVC member celebration from 2:30 to 3:30. I guess we could do a short dismeet right before that at 2:00 so those that want to attend can go at 2:30. The lifeboat drill starts at 4:00. That would at least give us a little time to meet and greet and give out lanyards and name badges.

Ken

Can do both.

For those who arrive early at the port, there's little to do other than meet while waiting for boarding to start. We can pick a place at the port to start getting acquainted, then meet again at a time that works for everyone.

The T-Shirts make for good identifiers.

Dan

Hey, Danfromca, I see that you are doing an all guys trip. We are doing an all girls trip, with a 13-year-old and a 15-year-old. Should be an very interesting cruise.

Indeed - it's first cruise for all of them, and I'm sure meeting some girls right off will not only make the trip more fun, but pretty much guarantee that I only see them at the evening show and dinner (and that probably only under protest), leaving plenty of time to lie out on deck and relax, read and down numerous chocolate smoothies :rolleyes1

I logged on last night and got our Palo reservations. Then decided to book the Segway tour on Nassau today. The system was very fast today. Got the tour without a problem.

Ken

Whoo Hoooo! We are booked for the Nassau Segway tour too along with Georgie and Joe! Looks like we'll have great company! Did you pick the early time??

Whoo Hoooo! We are booked for the Nassau Segway tour too along with Georgie and Joe! Looks like we'll have great company! Did you pick the early time??

Hi Leslie

We booked the 10:00am tour. Should be a fun time! Those tour operators won't know what hit them! :rotfl2:

Ken

Thanks again to all who have welcomed us! :wave:

We'd be in for a meet at 2pm (we'd be wanting to go to the DVC member 'do' as well). Think we'll be planning to get to the terminal at 10am (driving) so we'll keep a look out for the t-shirts!

I've been showing the fish extender thread to the rest of team karriemouse (to quote DH - okaaaay, what's a fish and why does it need extending????) and both DDs are very keen to do this - is this something that is planned and if so please can we play?!

I'm still debating Nassau - first cruise, so little time, so much to do - leaning at present towards just getting off to explore a bit by ourselves and then spending most of the day on the ship. We can always re-book can't we!!

Good Morning!

I missed out on the t-shirt topic. Is there a color or design our DIS group is wearing to identify us? Please catch me up.

While catching up----has anyone started a list of people who would like to do a magnet exchange? If not and others would like to participate, I'll handle the list for us.

Barb

Good Morning!

I missed out on the t-shirt topic. Is there a color or design our DIS group is wearing to identify us? Please catch me up.

While catching up----has anyone started a list of people who would like to do a magnet exchange? If not and others would like to participate, I'll handle the list for us.

Barb

Hi Barb

This is something I worked up. $1.00 from each shirt goes to support the Arthritis Foundation ride I do each year.

http://www.cafepress.com/Aug13cruise

Anyone who wants to setup an activity - that would be great! The more lists, the better. :rotfl2:

Ken

Hi!
I now think Ken has an easier meet idea. (I do tend to try to complicate a situation sometimes!)

I vote for a meet at 3:00 pm on deck 10, starboard side, overlooking the Goofy pool, while Ken's there.

Barb

Barb, I like this idea, too. We can schedule an informal meet for the terminal at about 12:00 until boarding. Then, onboard we can do a formal meet at 3:00 pm.

What say you all?

Ken

I must have missed this. But I think that this is great, combined with Dan's idea.

Good morning everyone! Another day closer to the cruise!!

Here is the latest update to the lanyard and name badge list. Please check your listing to make sure the names are correct. If a name is incorrect on this list, it will also be incorrect on the name badge.

Free custom lanyards and name badges, made just for this cruise, will be available for everyone in each group.

bonzie1 - Georgie, Joe - 6584
booger73 - Ian, Shannon, Michael, Andrew - 6548
bwcb4 - Barb, Dick, Mike, Steven - 2103
CarolynMink - Carolyn, Dave, Erin, Adam - 5020
danfromca - Dan, Blake, Gil, Dor -
DisneyPinDiva - Leslie, Joe - 6634
first timers - Alex and Carolyn - 6574
Hanover - Danielle, Derek, Keegan, Brennan
iloveokw - Kathy, Mike, Melissa -
jezebella - DW, DH, DD, DP, DP - 6039,6038
karriemouse - Karen, Andy, Sophie, Eleanor - 6540
kpros & spros - Ken, Shari, Staci, Mark - 6572,6571
LoveMyLAP-BAND - Kirsten, Jason, Tyler, Emily - 5018
mla2177 - ?
Momfromva - Michelle, Ryan, Alex, Christopher -
mumom95 - Julie, Brian, Matthew, Samantha - 7503
Ocean Angel - Carol, John, Cati, Rachel -
Scott H & Lynn G - Scott and Lynn - 2601
seaulater - Linda, Jamie - 6567
SplashMountainManiac - Mike, Paul, Joan - 6594
sunshine1259 - Brenda, Azaria, Denise, Desirree, Jennifer - 5520,5522

Also, just as a reminder, here is the link to t-shirts:

If someone wants to start another list for an activity - i.e. magnets, FE gifts - go for it!

Ken

WELCOME OCEAN ANGEL!!!
This will be a FUN cruise!

WOW a DVC Celebration the day of boarding? They are putting the squeeze on early this cruise! :rotfl2:

HAPPY MONDAY TO ALL!

Ken... as far as the FE gifts, etc. If we just key off of your main lanyard list there won't be a need for anyone to create a separate one. Those who want to "leave something" on the FE will be free to do so or... not. :goodvibes

Did you get a lot of biking in while Shari was visiting the Mouse Manor???

That's for sure!

Did I ask you this already - we just bought a house in Winter Garden - the Independence development. Are you near there?

Ken

Well...considering I live in Independence as well...I'd say yes!! Welcome to the neighborhood!

Well...considering I live in Independence as well...I'd say yes!! Welcome to the neighborhood!

Wow! That's close. We are just down the road a bit in the Lakes of Windermere Townhomes development! We can see the MK fireworks too! :wizard:

So...3 of us live within, oh, 3 miles of each other...that's nuts! :rotfl2:

Good morning everyone! Another day closer to the cruise!!

Here is the latest update to the lanyard and name badge list. Please check your listing to make sure the names are correct. If a name is incorrect on this list, it will also be incorrect on the name badge.

Free custom lanyards and name badges, made just for this cruise, will be available for everyone in each group.

bonzie1 - Georgie, Joe - 6584
booger73 - Ian, Shannon, Michael, Andrew - 6548
bwcb4 - Barb, Dick, Mike, Steven - 2103
CarolynMink - Carolyn, Dave, Erin, Adam - 5020
danfromca - Dan, Blake, Gil, Dor -
DisneyPinDiva - Leslie, Joe - 6634
first timers - Alex and Carolyn - 6574
Hanover - Danielle, Derek, Keegan, Brennan
iloveokw - Kathy, Mike, Melissa -
jezebella - DW, DH, DD, DP, DP - 6039,6038
karriemouse - Karen, Andy, Sophie, Eleanor - 6540
kpros & spros - Ken, Shari, Staci, Mark - 6572,6571
LoveMyLAP-BAND - Kirsten, Jason, Tyler, Emily - 5018
mla2177 - ?
Momfromva - Michelle, Ryan, Alex, Christopher -
mumom95 - Julie, Brian, Matthew, Samantha - 7503
Ocean Angel - Carol, John, Cati, Rachel -
Scott H & Lynn G - Scott and Lynn - 2601
seaulater - Linda, Jamie - 6567
SplashMountainManiac - Mike, Paul, Joan - 6594
sunshine1259 - Brenda, Azaria, Denise, Desirree, Jennifer - 5520,5522

Also, just as a reminder, here is the link to t-shirts:

If someone wants to start another list for an activity - i.e. magnets, FE gifts - go for it!

Ken

Hi, Ken. Desiree, is with one "R". Sorry about that. Someone told me it had two "Rs".

Actually, 4! DisneyPinDiva is also in the same area as bonzie1.

Ken

What's that famous song???

It's a Small World after all... :rotfl2:

Seriously... it all started on that MAGICal Panama Canal Cruise. Lifetime friends from all over the USA and Canada were made!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter