• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

August 13, 2009 - 10 Years of Wonderful Cruising

Good Morning Cruisers!

Welcome Karrimouse!

Brenda - good job getting unpacked!

Weather is nice here in Santa Rosa - having a good visit with the family.

Have a great day everyone!

I just realized that today is the 13th. That means that 3 months from today we get to go cruising - except for Scott and Lynn, they get to cruise sooner. :thumbsup2

Ken

Here is the most recent updated Lanyard and Name Badge List

Lanyand and name badge list for August 13, 2009 Cruise

bonzie1 - Georgie, Joe - 6584
booger73 - Ian, Shannon, Michael, Andrew - 6548
bwcb4 - Barb, Dick, Mike, Steven - 2103
CarolynMink - Carolyn, Dave, Erin, Adam - 5020
DisneyPinDiva - Leslie, Joe - 6634
first timers - Alex and Carolyn - 6574
Hanover - Danielle, Derek, Keegan, Brennan
jezebella - DW, DH, DD, DP, DP - 6039,6038
karriemouse - Karen, Andy, Sophie, Eleanor - 6540
kpros & spros - Ken, Shari, Staci, Mark - 6572,6571
LoveMyLAP-BAND - Kirsten, Jason, Tyler, Emily - 5018
mla2177 - ?
Momfromva - Michelle, Ryan, Alex, Christopher -
mumom95 - Julie, Brian, Matthew, Samantha - 7503
Scott H & Lynn G - Scott and Lynn - 2601
seaulater - Linda, Jamie - 6567
SplashMountainManiac - Mike, Paul, Joan - 6594
sunshine1259 - Brenda, Azaria, Denise, Desirree, Jennifer - 5520,5522

Also, just as a reminder, here is the link to t-shirts:

http://www.cafepress.com/Aug13cruise

Ken

Hi All and thanks for the lovely welcome!!

We are:
Karen, Andy, Sophie and Eleanor and we are in 6540. Looks to be quite a few of us quite near each other!

With it being the anniversary cruise will there be any special events do you think? Never having set foot on a cruise before (the overnight car ferry to Holland doesn't really compare!!) I'm getting as much info as I can from this section of the boards. So if I come out with some silly questions please forgive me in advance! :boat:

Hi All and thanks for the lovely welcome!!

We are:
Karen, Andy, Sophie and Eleanor and we are in 6540. Looks to be quite a few of us quite near each other!

With it being the anniversary cruise will there be any special events do you think? Never having set foot on a cruise before (the overnight car ferry to Holland doesn't really compare!!) I'm getting as much info as I can from this section of the boards. So if I come out with some silly questions please forgive me in advance! :boat:

We live for silly questions! :rotfl2:

It's my understanding that the cruise lines really don't like to talk about how old their ships are. The special events for the Magic's 10th anniversary were a cake in the dining room and an announcement at the show that night. Nothing else. That's why we are doing the special name badges and lanyards - if DCL won't make a big deal about it, at least we can.

Ken

Good Morning Cruisers!

Welcome Karrimouse!

Brenda - good job getting unpacked!

Weather is nice here in Santa Rosa - having a good visit with the family.

Hi, Lynn. Thanks, but we still have a gazillion boxes to go through. Glad that you are having fun with your family and the weather is cooperating.

Here is the most recent updated Lanyard and Name Badge List

Lanyand and name badge list for August 13, 2009 Cruise

bonzie1 - Georgie, Joe - 6584
booger73 - Ian, Shannon, Michael, Andrew - 6548
bwcb4 - Barb, Dick, Mike, Steven - 2103
CarolynMink - Carolyn, Dave, Erin, Adam - 5020
DisneyPinDiva - Leslie, Joe - 6634
first timers - Alex and Carolyn - 6574
Hanover - Danielle, Derek, Keegan, Brennan
jezebella - DW, DH, DD, DP, DP - 6039,6038
karriemouse - Karen, Andy, Sophie, Eleanor - 6540
kpros & spros - Ken, Shari, Staci, Mark - 6572,6571
LoveMyLAP-BAND - Kirsten, Jason, Tyler, Emily - 5018
mla2177 - ?
mumom95 - Julie, Brian, Matthew, Samantha - 7503
Scott H & Lynn G - Scott and Lynn - 2601
seaulater - Linda, Robert, Jamie - 6567
SplashMountainManiac - Mike, Paul, Joan - 6594
sunshine1259 - Brenda, Azaria, Denise, Desirree, Jennifer - 5520,5522

Also, just as a reminder, here is the link to t-shirts:

http://www.cafepress.com/Aug13cruise

Ken

Hi, Ken. I know that there are few us who are suppose give you some moola for these, but when do you want us to do that?

I am trying to see if any of the ladies want a t-shirt. Those look great!! And I love the message bag. Like I really need another bag :rotfl2:. But, that one I like!!!

Good Morning Cruisers!

Brenda - yes it will take a while to unpack, but it sounds like you have a good system.

Hi, Lynn. Thanks, but we still have a gazillion boxes to go through. Glad that you are having fun with your family and the weather is cooperating.

Hi, Ken. I know that there are few us who are suppose give you some moola for these, but when do you want us to do that?

I am trying to see if any of the ladies want a t-shirt. Those look great!! And I love the message bag. Like I really need another bag :rotfl2:. But, that one I like!!!

Don't worry - I'll let you know. I also sent you a PM

Ken

Hello fellow cruisers! My family and I will be cruising with you.
Myself (Michelle), my husband Ryan and our 2 boys Alex (6) and Christopher (will be 5 by cruise time).
This will be our 3rd Disney cruise in the past 2 years. We are doing the 3 day as part of the bounceback offer we received on our Western Caribbean cruise in March.
I'm slightly nervous as our DS6 broke his leg 3 weeks ago. It was a spiral fracture of his femur and he is currently wheel chair bound. He is supposed to get the ok to start walking in June (he doesn't have a cast - just a plate and pins) so we should be ok by August but its hard to believe that right now!

I was just checking out the tee shirts that one of you creative thread members made. I will definitely have to order some. What a great souvenir!

So, is everyone ready to start making their shore excursions and Palo reservations this evening? It is good to be on the West coast right now. We only have to wait until 9:00 pm West coast time. :cool1:

Myself (Michelle), my husband Ryan and our 2 boys Alex (6) and Christopher (will be 5 by cruise time).
This will be our 3rd Disney cruise in the past 2 years. We are doing the 3 day as part of the bounceback offer we received on our Western Caribbean cruise in March.
I'm slightly nervous as our DS6 broke his leg 3 weeks ago. It was a spiral fracture of his femur and he is currently wheel chair bound. He is supposed to get the ok to start walking in June (he doesn't have a cast - just a plate and pins) so we should be ok by August but its hard to believe that right now!

I was just checking out the tee shirts that one of you creative thread members made. I will definitely have to order some. What a great souvenir!

Welcome aboard Momfromva! I've added you to the cruise list on the first post of the thread and the Lanyard List. If you provide your room number, I'll add that also.

Ken

So, is everyone ready to start making their shore excursions and Palo reservations this evening? It is good to be on the West coast right now. We only have to wait until 9:00 pm West coast time. :cool1:

It is nice now that it works - it didn't use to be that way. It was midnight for the west coast. I had long talks with DCL about the opening time and at that time, they thought it was 9:00pm west coast time. I had to send them screen prints of the system to prove it really didn't work correctly. They finally got it fixed.

I've been on several of the "special" cruises that had large numbers of Disboarders onboard. Those groups would bring the reservation system to it's knees. To many people trying for Palo's at the same time. :rotfl2:

Ken

Hi, Michelle, WELCOME ABOARD to you and yours. I hope that your little Alex will be up and about by the time our cruise rolls around.

Look forward to meeting you all.

It is nice now that it works - it didn't use to be that way. It was midnight for the west coast. I had long talks with DCL about the opening time and at that time, they thought it was 9:00pm west coast time. I had to send them screen prints of the system to prove it really didn't work correctly. They finally got it fixed.

I've been on several of the "special" cruises that had large numbers of Disboarders onboard. Those groups would bring the reservation system to it's knees. To many people trying for Palo's at the same time. :rotfl2:

Ken

I know what you mean. I am just booking one excursion and Palo. I hope that we are able to get the times that we want.

Done - no problem. I hope it goes well for everyone else!

Ken

No problems here either. :thumbsup2 Seems almost too good to be true!
Good night everyone!

So we can make our reservations at midnight Florida time or in my time zone??? I'm in Iowa, Central time zone and I've been trying to get inn and can't. It's after 11 pm on Thursday but that would make after midnight in FL which is Friday .....Right????

Help! I want a Palo's ressie!
Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter