August 13, 2009 - 10 Years of Wonderful Cruising

So we can make our reservations at midnight Florida time or in my time zone??? I'm in Iowa, Central time zone and I've been trying to get inn and can't. It's after 11 pm on Thursday but that would make after midnight in FL which is Friday .....Right????

Help! I want a Palo's ressie!
Barb

I got in at 9:00pm pacific time, so you should have gotten in. I guess the usual questions are: Are you paid in full and are you a return cruiser? Other then that, it's hard to say what might be wrong. The system never seems to work well for everyone.

Ken

Hi again,

Yes I'm paid in full (the WONDERFUL $99 BB) and it's our 10th DCL cruise.

I finally! got on and did get reservations that will work for us. I get SOOOOO frustrated! This has happened every time I've tried to make ressies at the 90 day mark on - line since they started doing it this way. The only think we've come up with is I use a MAC computer. We wonder if the system just isn't totally accepting of us? (Yes, we're from day 1, an Apple / MAC family) I ended up restarting the computer for a second time before the DCL page finally agreed I was eligible to make a reservation. This was after refreshing pages and re logging on and restarting the computer......
Every year /cruise I send another message to DCL and they return with they are working on it. My wonderful kids always tell me it's operator error.....but every time????? Did anyone else use a MAC tonight? If so, "AM I doing something wrong?"

Thanks for letting me vent. :headache:

Now I'm just going to look forward to our upcoming cruise. Our oldest son who is in college, hasn't been able to join DH, myself and high school DS on our last two trips on the MAGIC. He will be with us on this one! I'm so glad we can all sail together again. This was the only BB cruise date that would work for all of us and we got it!

See you all in 90 days!!!! :yay:
Barb

Well, I've been quietly lurking here for a month or two, not knowing for sure how the economy or summer would shape up, but it looks like I'll be joining you along with my godson and two of his friends (13,13 & 15). Insane or brave? Time will tell.

I actually don't know how many Disney cruises I've been on - I really should call them and ask, but I do know for sure that my first cruise was October 99 on the Wonder (inaugural year) - I have a poster signed by the captain to prove it, so the temptation to choose the 10 year anniversary cruise. It will be odd being on such a short cruise (my last one was the eastbound Panama Canal cruise last summer), but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless (not to mention some significant time at WDW).

Hopefully all the details will work out, passports will arrive in time, etc. Assuming they do, I'll meet you in a few months.

Dan

Well, I've been quietly lurking here for a month or two, not knowing for sure how the economy or summer would shape up, but it looks like I'll be joining you along with my godson and two of his friends (13,13 & 15). Insane or brave? Time will tell.

I actually don't know how many Disney cruises I've been on - I really should call them and ask, but I do know for sure that my first cruise was October 99 on the Wonder (inaugural year) - I have a poster signed by the captain to prove it, so the temptation to choose the 10 year anniversary cruise. It will be odd being on such a short cruise (my last one was the eastbound Panama Canal cruise last summer), but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless (not to mention some significant time at WDW).

Hopefully all the details will work out, passports will arrive in time, etc. Assuming they do, I'll meet you in a few months.

Dan

Welcome aboard Dan! If you list the names of everyone in your group, I will add you to the cruise list on the first post of this thread and to the lanyard and name badge list.

Ken

Welcome Aboard one and all. great to have ya with us.

No plans here for anything just chill and go with the flow.

Get to head home Sunday, taught the last two days and have meetings today and tomorrow, Lynn will be here tomorrow, so will have to find a nice place to take her. Lots of nice places here in the hotel.

Well, I found you kpros - we are really looking forward to this trip. We are celebrating our girls graduating high school. And as you saw from the cruise forum I'm trying to schedule a vow renewal. It's even more special now knowing that the 15th is the 10th Anniversay for the Wonder. No time to read through 51 pages here so if there are any special meets during the cruise please let me know. Thanks.

Well, I found you kpros - we are really looking forward to this trip. We are celebrating our girls graduating high school. And as you saw from the cruise forum I'm trying to schedule a vow renewal. It's even more special now knowing that the 15th is the 10th Anniversay for the Wonder. No time to read through 51 pages here so if there are any special meets during the cruise please let me know. Thanks.

Welcome aboard Ocean Angel! If you list the names of everyone in your group, I will add you to the cruise list on the first post of this thread and to the lanyard and name badge list (free lanyards and name badges to everyone on the list).

No special meets are planned at this point. All we need is someone to start working on that.

Ken

Welcome aboard Dan! If you list the names of everyone in your group, I will add you to the cruise list on the first post of this thread and to the lanyard and name badge list.

Ken

Thanks. I'm Dan (obviously), the 13 year olds are Blake and Gil, the 16 year old (at time of the cruise) is Dor.

On another note - is there a link anywhere to a larger graphic of the T-Shirt design (so I can print myself rather than using the more expensive online service)?

Dan

Yay! Logged on last night and got my Palo, spa for the parents, and watercraft at CC! I just know this cruise is going to be wayyy too short.

I just know this cruise is going to be wayyy too short.

That's for sure!

Did I ask you this already - we just bought a house in Winter Garden - the Independence development. Are you near there?

Ken

Thanks. I'm Dan (obviously), the 13 year olds are Blake and Gil, the 16 year old (at time of the cruise) is Dor.

On another note - is there a link anywhere to a larger graphic of the T-Shirt design (so I can print myself rather than using the more expensive online service)?

Dan

PM me an e-mail address and I might be able to help.

Ken

I logged on last night and got our Palo reservations. Then decided to book the Segway tour on Nassau today. The system was very fast today. Got the tour without a problem.

Ken

Cruising with you on August 13. Me, Kathy, Mike (DH) and Melissa 17 (DD). Three months yippee. Booked parasailing on CC for Mike and Melissa - me - no way jose.

pirate:

Cruising with you on August 13. Me, Kathy, Mike (DH) and Melissa 17 (DD). Three months yippee. Booked parasailing on CC for Mike and Melissa - me - no way jose.

pirate:

Welcome aboard Kathy and family! I've added you to the cruise list. My wife and daughter did the parasailing and had a great time!

Ken

Good Evening Cruisers!

Welcome to all the new comers - we are getting a respectible group here!

Tomorrow I will be heading south to San Jose to meet up with Scott then we will be flying home on Sunday.

Have a great evening everyone!

Good Morning, Everyone, and welcome to our new cruisers.

I was able to get our Palo reservations and the shore excursions that we wanted :cool1:.

Hey, Danfromca, I see that you are doing an all guys trip. We are doing an all girls trip, with a 13-year-old and a 15-year-old. Should be an very interesting cruise.

I guess we should start talking about setting up a cruise meet. What would be a good day, place and time. I would recommend the earlier in the cruise, the better, since it is only a 3-day cruise. We can even arrange a pre-boarding meet for those who arrive early to port.

We will be arriving on the Disney express from WDW, so we probably won't be at port until about 12:30 or so.

What does everyone think?

Meeting before we get on board is a GREAT idea for a 3-day cruise that needs to start the second we get on! On the 7 day, I've been to a DIS meet the hour before the life boat drill which was a good time. But on the 3 -day Navigators, I've sometimes see a DCV or Castaway gathering or something else that might be a conflict when we get there and see the actual Navigator for our cruise.

Gathering in the port before we board would be a nice way to spend our wait time. The disadvantage would be picking a time when a lot of us would be in the terminal. It's Brenda's idea but she won't arrive until 12:30. We always try to arrive by 10:00 and are in one of the first boarding groups (2 or 3). It seems like noon to 12:30 boarding starts.

So when will most people arrive at the terminal? Morning or Afternoon? Maybe that can help us pick a pre boarding time?

What do people think? Thanks for getting us started on a gathering plan Brenda! :thumbsup2

Barb party:

I will have lanyards and name badges to give out. In the past, we've always tried to get together at 3:00pm on deck 10, starboard side, overlooking the Goofy pool.

I assume we will get to the terminal before boarding, but not sure when. I will have the lanyards then for anyone that can find me. I'll be the one wearing a custom lanyard :lmao:

Ken

Hi!
I now think Ken has an easier meet idea. (I do tend to try to complicate a situation sometimes!)

I vote for a meet at 3:00 pm on deck 10, starboard side, overlooking the Goofy pool, while Ken's there.

Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter