August 12, 2006-DIS DREAMS DO COME TRUE-Magical Western Cruise

Hey guys! We got back in Sunday night about 12:30am. We decided to stay over about half way home. We were both exhausted. There was a really bad delay in Georgia for about 2 hours in nearly stopped traffic. It would move a little and then stop for 5 mins. Move a little more and stop again. It looked like the might have been working on the road. By the time we got through to the "hold" point, there was nothing there that looked like it might have been holding up traffic... maybe and accident. I dont know. :confused3

Anyhow, it was great meeting some of you. We had a great first disney cruise. It was more then what we expected. We didn't book another while on the cruise though tempted. We just never know from one day to the next where or what we will be doing so we thought it best to just book one when we decided it was time for another vacation.

I miss the Magic. It was a lot of fun and I never realized just how much fun my daughter would have. I think she developed a little crush on a boy she met. His name was Brandon and they hung out on the ship the whole time together. It was sweet. Once I get all my pictures organized, I will send a link and you can veiw them.

Im glad to see everyone got back ok.

I also wanted to say thanks again for the gift bags and wrist bands. They were great. Also wanted to say thanks for the anniversary card we got. That was just awesome. And thanks to others for putting extra door magnets on our door. It was great coming back to all the little surpises we got. It made our trip all the more special...

Also, I will post a picture of the signed Mickey head we had on our door. I thought it would be cute to put a plain cardboard cut out of a Mickey head on our door and get people to sign it and where they were from. Tons of people signed it... actually filled it completely up. It was great. Each time we came back to our stateroom there as a new signature.

Ohhh... I miss the Magic...I might have to talk my hubby into another vacation much sooner then "he" thought.... :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Tia said:
OK, so when can we do another cruise? -Donna
I want to book one again too!! Nothing next year since they'll be doing the mediterranean, which you have to fly to Barcelona for embarkation :( . Sorry, but I'm just not up to a long flight like that. I don't know how Laura and Marco do that every year :scared1: .

I would like to do a cruise that does Castaway Cay twice. That seemed like a great itinerary. Less ports is fine with me too, because I always felt rushed and pressured to do so many things. I know I missed out on a lot :sad2:

Getting ready for school here too, though it doesn't start until Thursday, 8/31. Weird, huh?

I miss everybody and again, wish we had spent more time with the DISers.

Pam

ReggieB-
I forgot to post that our Pirate magnet showed up on our door unannounced when we returned from the 8:30 p.m. show on the last night. Thanks again..I wasn't sure where it had come from! :-) And I don't know who took and returned it but thanks to them too.

We rebooked another cruise - in June a 4 day right after DD7 is out of school. We'll probably keep it unless we can somehow figure out a way to do the Med cruise next summer. We were considering going to Greece to visit DW family for the summer so we thought if we could figure out a way to do the cruise then visit family for a week or 10 days, we could make it happen. Airfares to Barcelona are out of this world, however, so I don't know if we can justify it.

Again I'm so sorry we met so few of the DIS folks but we seemed to be going left when everyone else was going right. Or something like that!

Ciao for now. Make sure to read my trip report. Tips from a first-timer coming soon on the main board. :-)

and just recently moved to the Trip Reports board. Hope you are all doing well.
ciao for now.

jd99 said:
and just recently moved to the Trip Reports board. Hope you are all doing well.
ciao for now.

CIAOOOOOOOOOOOO all of you !!!!
We are at home now - and I ALREADY miss the Magic and you all A LOT !!!!!!!!!!!
:guilty: :guilty: :guilty: :guilty:
It was sooooooooooo beautiful to meet you all !!! THOSE ARE WONDERFUL MEMORIES TO TREASURE !!!!!
A BIG KISS to Ben and hugs especially to Donna/Tony /Josè and Michelle's family : we spent so many happy times together !!!!
Jeff : I'm enjoying your report and tips !!!
ALL OF YOU : take care and keep on dreaming !!!!

HOPE we can meet again , somewhere :love: sometime !!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU to each of you and to dear Beckie, who "organized"/pampered all of us !!!!

CIAO FOR NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif

Laura

Beckie asked who booked a trip aboard and we had booked a 4-day for June...but just recently changed it -- to the Nov. 25 Eastern. Yikes. Mina thinks we are going back too soon but since I lost the first couple of days not feeling well, I needed to get back again soon. :mickeyjum

Got a great price...got our discount from booking on board and the credit (so yes, you CAN change it to another date, even another cruise since we went from 4 to a 7 day). And we used some of our DVC points to pay the kids' fare. That's a long story in and of itself as we almost lost half our points because I forgot to bank them by July 31. :(

It made a lot of sense since Emily still won't be three yet and thus, we get to go for a lot less cash overall - AND she liked Flounders...thus we know we can have some couple time. Anyway, thanks to all of you for helping to make me a DCL fan.
jeff

Wait!!!!!!!!! You are going this year!!!!!!!! ???? this November??

Oh I so don't like you today! ;) :teeth: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

btw...everyone....I finished my trip report if you want to take a look...the link is in my siggie! :teeth:

Yes...ahem...we are going in 3 months. :cool1: We generally use our DVC points to go to the BCV but screwed that up royally by not reserving early enough and nearly lost half our points. Once we were able to apply points to the cruise, the price was palatable and we said let's go for it.

Your trip report is fantastic. I haven't been able to figure out how to post pictures yet but once I do, I'll have some of those up as an addendum to my report.

Another gray pittsburgh day....dreaming of the magic...

ciao for now.
jd

Jeff, to post a pic...you have to have them online somewhere first like photobucket or imagestation....

then you copy the properties of the picture and insert it on the DIS with the

picture properties pasted here [/IMG} using all the same brackets not the one I have on the end here

or you can click on the little yellow envelope under where it says size color when you post and just copy the properties in the little box that comes up.

to post a link....click on the little blue world thing and put your text...then copy your link into the second box.

Finally got to visit here today. We got back and then had to pack to get Jessica back to college. Then back home for the start of school. Christina headed to her first year of high school. Jessica turns 21 on Saturday so we are heading back to PA for the third time in 2 weeks.
We finally got everything unpacked, but suitcases are still in the hallway.
We have been fighting over who gets the pictures, so I really have to get to Target to make copies.
This was our best vacation ever. I credit Beckie for doing so much to make our trip enjoyable. Knowing all of you on board added to the fun.

We did not book on board because Jessica does not know her schedule and she really wants to cruise again with us. We are also considering a mother daughter trip to Italy next summer as a graduation present.

It was a pleasure meeting everyone and I do hope that we have the opportunity to meet again.

Michelle

jd99 said:
Beckie asked who booked a trip aboard and we had booked a 4-day for June...but just recently changed it -- to the Nov. 25 Eastern. Yikes. Mina thinks we are going back too soon but since I lost the first couple of days not feeling well, I needed to get back again soon. :mickeyjum
Good for you, Jeff! Our family wants to go back again soon too, but it won't be that soon. :)

I love reading your trip report and being able to re-live everything. popcorn::

Take care.

Pam

party:
We are booked on Aug.5th - aboard the Wonder (4 days) as the Magic will be cruising "our" Mediterranean sea next Summer ( BUT to us VACATION=US !!! )
I'm readind all of Donna report - which is AMAZING !!!! I'm commenting overthere, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the time you spent on it !!!!!!! :thanks:

I'll be back to my school work :guilty: on Sept. 1st , but we have so many nice memories ... with you all into them !!!
We'll be starting soon our report and Marco will try and do his usual videoclips - so maybe you would like to check for them ...in a few weeks !!!!
http://www.webalice.it/mdinaro/mickeys_dreamers_000007.htm

CIAO FOR NOW !!!!!!!!!!!! and keep on DREAMING !!!!!!!!:rainbow:

Laura :wave:

Hi everyone I'm back...First I had to travel to Gainesville to assit my DN (Nick) then I had a chance to visit with my sister in Georgia she didn't have internet access so I couldn't check-in with anyone...This afternoon I was on the phone with Disney all afternoon...

1) Had to renew my Disney Dinning Card.
2) Had to reserve 3 rooms (1st night) for our October Trip @ Pop Century
3) Ordered our tickets/reservations for Party on the Senses October 21,
4) Made reservations @ Wilderness Lodge for a 2 night stay 10/20-22/06 (Just Terry and myself everyone else is leaving Friday the 20th)
5) Reservered my December Trip
6) Ordered tickets for MVMCP for Dec 14th :woohoo:

I'll be answering everyones PM's tomorrow...I MISS EVERYONE SO MUCH.

Please if anyone has a trip planned to WDW let me know I maybe able to take a day trip to visit. :wave:

Ciao for now
Beckie

jd99 said:
Beckie asked who booked a trip aboard and we had booked a 4-day for June...but just recently changed it -- to the Nov. 25 Eastern.

Jeff

I Love it... :rotfl2:...Have a GREAT CRUISE.
Ciao for now
Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART said:
1) Had to renew my Disney Dinning Card.
2) Had to reserve 3 rooms (1st night) for our October Trip @ Pop Century
3) Ordered our tickets/reservations for Party on the Senses October 21,
4) Made reservations @ Wilderness Lodge for a 2 night stay 10/20-22/06 (Just Terry and myself everyone else is leaving Friday the 20th)
5) Reservered my December Trip
6) Ordered tickets for MVMCP for Dec 14th :woohoo:

:Pinkbounc WOW !!!! You surely have a lot of DISNEY "MAGIC" planned !!!!
You lucky thing !!!! :Pinkbounc

Have you read FirstMickey's report ?? It is just WONDERFUL !!!! it's like relive the whole MAGIC experience !!! she is such a good writer !!!
THANKS Donna for sharing all those lovely and fun details !!!!

ALL OF YOU :
CIAO FOR NOW !!!! :wave: Laura

Laura
I know so much to do before our big October Trip with Terry's daughters and grandsons. But I'm sure we will have a wonderful trip plus we get to spend a few special days with Jeannie and Marcel. With all that GREAT FOOD at EPCOT.

I'm also excited about a short Christmas Trip SOLO maybe.

Greetings everybody! I just wanted to see if anybody else has received their Castaway Club kit in the mail? Ours just showed up today. It made me think of the great time we had this summer.

:wave: Bob and :wave: everyone else......

I was all happy to see this pop up on my subscribed threads list.....it's like seeing old friends again! :teeth: :grouphug:

I got my CC club package a couple of weeks ago. It was very exciting!
Yay for the short checkin line next time! :banana:

We got ours a week or so back too. The packet is slightly different from last year (graphic wise) but it's the same as the one I got last year. Having said that it's still nice to get Disney mail. The CD is fun. Ben makes me play the ships horn over and over and over and ................

firstmickey said:
:wave: Bob and :wave: everyone else......

I was all happy to see this pop up on my subscribed threads list.....it's like seeing old friends again! :teeth: :grouphug:

I got my CC club package a couple of weeks ago. It was very exciting!
Yay for the short checkin line next time! :banana:

Hey No fair. We still haven't gotten ours. :sad2: What's up with that? It's easier to deliver to Butler County than Allegheny? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter