August 10, 2013 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy

How should we split the FE?

• Split the FE list in half (2 groups 22 - 26 staterooms)

• Stick to the idea of a headcount (3 groups (14/15 staterroms)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Howdy Everyone...

Karin, You added me to the FE list a while ago but I think I got dropped from both of the lists as I dont see my name there anywhere.

Since Im new to the Disney cruise experience and FE exchange just want to make sure Im not messing something up.

anyway get back to me when you can... the whilwind in the house has started with packing and getting last minute items!! CANT WAIT!!!

THANKS FOR THE MOVIE RELEASE LIST! :thumbsup2

Hope to meet some of you at the meet-n-greet!

-BusBoy

Yup I ran across a post with a link to the two lists and thats where I saw I was! I was worried as I'm not listed on your "FE Participants" list on the first post. I'm in the detailed list but being a Newb I didn't know if I was missing something!

thanks again!

-BusBoy

Hi everyone:) We are the Perdue family from Wilmington, NC. We booked this cruise just a couple of weeks ago and we are very excited to be cruising again! We have been on two others, both on the Magic, so we cannot wait to get acquainted with the Fantasy. I asked to join the FB group and have been reading most of the posts on this thread (there are so many of them!).

I wanted to ask if there is a list of cruisers with the ages of children going? Our DD is 16, turning 17 in a month and starting her senior year in HS. She would love to meet some other teens that are going. Here's our family info:

DH - Mike
DW - Lisa
DD - Taylor, 16/17

Also, I saw somewhere that the meet and greet was posted, but I can't remember where now :confused3. So if anyone could pass on that info to us that would be awesome. Can't wait to meet everyone:thumbsup2

Lisa :wave2:

We also have a DD turning 15 soon and plan to b at the meet also. See u soon! :)

Anyone else completely OVER this MONDAY!! :badpc: Horrible Monday be gone with yourself and bring forth TUESDAY!

Anyone leaving soon?

Anyone else completely OVER this MONDAY!! :badpc: Horrible Monday be gone with yourself and bring forth TUESDAY!

Anyone leaving soon?

Oh yea! I had that sorta day today... Lottsa lab testing testing was supposed to happen today but people didnt have their butts in gear so we slipped and now a HUGE piece of testing that I was supposed to do will have to happen on... FRIDAY... lol told the boss... unless you plan on paying for a rather expensive trip some of of our Ad splicing equipment will have to put on hold pirate: :happytv:

Its bitter sweet days like this that makes ones importance percolate to the top sometimes!

Just keep chanting the six little words that go along with a horn from the Fantasy ship as we depart... :thumbsup2

Ok totally new to Disney cruise. My dad just booked a last minute trip for my family as his last hurrah, but I have no clue what to expect or general things I MUST do aboard the Fantasy. Yes I have been on their website extensively. But still am not sure of the musts..........like do people dress up for pirate night??

Happily settled in the World, hanging out, drinking Sweetwater in our Treehouse. Boy, the weather is electrifying down here!

Yes, people do dress for pirate night but Disney will help with a little magic in your room to make you feel the part.

...do people dress up for pirate night??

Absolutely. Fear not, if you don't get around to bringing a costume, you can always buy one on-board ship - for a price. ;) Nevertheless, just plan to have fun. Don't stress about "What I must do" and do what you WANT to do. You will never be able to do it all, so don't try. Read your daily Navigators, pick activities that interest you and have fun!

Absolutely. Fear not, if you don't get around to bringing a costume, you can always buy one on-board ship - for a price. ;) Nevertheless, just plan to have fun. Don't stress about "What I must do" and do what you WANT to do. You will never be able to do it all, so don't try. Read your daily Navigators, pick activities that interest you and have fun!

Agree here. Our first cruise we went in kind of "blind" without really planning anything for on board. We didn't even make Palo reservations. Figured it out when we got on board. Studied the Navigators the night before. We had just as much fun - if not more - than now when we have a certain number of "must do's!" Truly there are so many options that you will find something to do whenever you want. But make sure to take time to do nothing. With that being said, I have some suggestions, of course. If you have a balcony, sit on it and watch the waves. so relaxing. I do love getting up early and seeing us come into port and love the sailaway from each port too. Ride the Aquaduck. Go to the shows - the big Broadway style shows in the theater, the late night adult shows, the family shows. Make sure you hit the D lounge for family game shows if you are traveling with a group especially. Take time to enjoy the dinner experience. Some people rush through and then come home and say it wasn't that nice or the servers were rushed. If you are rushed so will the servers. If you have late dining, you can truly enjoy the experience IMO. Take full advantage of the day on Castaway. It's paradise where you are waited on hand and foot if you want. Explore the island - take a walk to adult beach if you can. Ride bikes. Play in the water play area. Read a book on the fourth deck in the relaxing chairs. Or walk/run the deck. And so much more......

I have a son who is 16, maybe our sons can hang out. Can't wait to get onboard!

I did manage to get the Under Two Flags Island Tour at St. Maarten and The Best of St. Thomas Tour and Shopping. I HOPE to be able to do the Tree Limin Zipline though. It is sold out for the DCL, but I might be able to make a reservation directly with them. We'll see.

Hi Shelley,
We booked our cruise just a couple of weeks ago and of course Tree Limin was all sold out. Are you still going to try to make a reservation with them directly? If so, we'd love to try and coordinate going with you. We have a 16 year old daughter and she really wants to do this excursion.

Anyone else interested in booking this directly?

Lisa :)

We are so excited!!! We leave tomorrow and we will be spending two nights in Disney and we are surprising our kiddos with a visit to the Magic Kingdom on Friday!!! Just need to finish packing...

We are hoping to meet up at the meet and greet- in particular we have a 7 year old daughter who is hoping to make some friends in the kids club so she's not "stuck" with her younger 4 year old brother... I'm sure their families can relate!

We are not doing the FE, but we are looking forward to having a great time with all of you!

Crystal (mom), Doug (dad), Sylvia (7) and Charlie (4)

Wow...just like so many others have said, there is so much to get done before we leave! I am finishing up our FE gifts today. We plan to be at the meet-n-greet also...We have a 16-year-old daughter (Miki), a 13-year-old daughter (Madison) and twin 11-year old boys (Nicholas and Nathan). They are all excited to get on the ship again! Seems like so long ago since our cruise on the Fantasy last August. Well...off to get more done. :)

LisaTaylor-

I can't remember if Shelley was able to book that excursion or not, but her and her crew are already is Disney World. I'm pretty sure she will be at the meet though. Vista CAfe at 3:15!

I really can't remember all of the things that I have to do between now and then. Next time I decide to book an EARLY morning flight with two 3 year olds and a baby, someone just smack me. *WHAT WAS I THINKING!?* I'm hoping that the toddlers go back to sleep... wishful thinking!!:rotfl:

We're all back :( (Well almost all of us who aren't on back to back cruises)

Enjoy this though - Sail Away - and look for the crazy Brits about 4 minutes in :)

Thank you for all the wonderful treats in our fish extender. Your time and special details shined in everyone's gift. We wish we could have spent more time to meet everyone. Take care and hope we can meet you all again real soon on another Disney adventure!

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful fish extender gifts. Thank you for making our onboard experience even more special than it already was! What a fantastic week!

Thank you Karin for organizing the FE list! I had a great time!

Thank you everyone for the wonderful gifts! We had a great time and I hope to sail with you again!

Shelley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter