August 10, 2013 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy

How should we split the FE?

• Split the FE list in half (2 groups 22 - 26 staterooms)

• Stick to the idea of a headcount (3 groups (14/15 staterroms)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can't wait to see Planes onboard! My kids will be so excited... but not quite as excited as me!:thumbsup2

I am SO pumped about Planes! I'm really not sure who is more excited.. DS1 or DH!! On another note, just back from WDW and I'm wishing Disney would just go ahead and sell their ice cream treats locally. I would give anything to have a mickey bar right about now...

KJAnsen-
Our group did the Stingray Encounter on Castaway Cay last October and we really liked it!! They get you set up with your gear and a safety briefing in the hut and then everyone heads out to the lagoon. From there they divide the large group into smaller groups that can fit around the stingray table. The table is set up so a small/medium sized stingray can swim up the ramp, be fed by someone at the table and them swim back down into the water. It's VERY cool. After the stingrays have had their fill, and you have had all of your stingray questions answered you will have free time to snorkel amongst the rays in their lagoon.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions about it! I'm sorta a stingray junkie... I've done several other stingray encounters and I'm pretty sure I was made for the water...

KJAnsen-
Our group did the Stingray Encounter on Castaway Cay last October and we really liked it!! They get you set up with your gear and a safety briefing in the hut and then everyone heads out to the lagoon. From there they divide the large group into smaller groups that can fit around the stingray table. The table is set up so a small/medium sized stingray can swim up the ramp, be fed by someone at the table and them swim back down into the water. It's VERY cool. After the stingrays have had their fill, and you have had all of your stingray questions answered you will have free time to snorkel amongst the rays in their lagoon.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions about it! I'm sorta a stingray junkie... I've done several other stingray encounters and I'm pretty sure I was made for the water...

How old were your kids? Read some negative comments about injuries so made me wonder...

Karin,

I would like to be added to the Fish Extender list, please!

Stateroom number unknown at this point

3 people in our cabin

Adults: Leslie and George
Kid: Carly, age 9

Is that everything you need for now?

Thanks so much. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Karin,

I would like to be added to the Fish Extender list, please!

Stateroom number unknown at this point

3 people in our cabin

Adults: Leslie and George
Kid: Carly, age 9

Is that everything you need for now?

Thanks so much. CAN'T WAIT!!!

:welcome: to the DISboards and :welcome: to our cruise thread.

I added you to the list of cruisers in my first post and the FE list. I updated my online list as well and will upload it as soon as possible. :thumbsup2
Thanks for providing me with all the information needed at the moment. Please let me know your stateroom number once you find out about it. :goodvibes

With regards to people that have a guaranteed cabin class but don't know now what their cabin is when will they find out? Is it usually at checkin or sometime before?

With regards to people that have a guaranteed cabin class but don't know now what their cabin is when will they find out? Is it usually at checkin or sometime before?

It is usually before the sail date that they find out. On previous cruises we had people find out a few weeks prior, but last summer there was one girl sailing solo and she only found out two days before we set sail. That was the latest I know of.

So, I have talked to my family. They all want to so the Tree Limin Zipline in St. Thomas. And then possibly do the Best of St. Thomas Island Tour and Shopping.

And then possibly when we are at St. Maarten we will do the Island Tour and Shopping excursion. Is it possible to do the two things at St. Thomas?

So, I have talked to my family. They all want to so the Tree Limin Zipline in St. Thomas. And then possibly do the Best of St. Thomas Island Tour and Shopping.

And then possibly when we are at St. Maarten we will do the Island Tour and Shopping excursion. Is it possible to do the two things at St. Thomas?

I just looked up the start time of both excursions in St. Thomas and they both have an early (around 8am) start time. I didn't see another time for the tour. Plus I think you might cut it pretty close. The zipline thing is scheduled to take 4 - 4 1/2 hours, so will take up most of your day.
Sorry not to be of more help.

KJAnsen-

Thank you for the info on the stingray adventure! Do you think it is worth it if I think our 13-year old daughter won't get in the water with them? Last year she didn't even like the little clear fish swimming in the water at Castaway Cay :). I think it will be a fun adventure--I didn't realize you actually snorkel with them. You don't need to have prior snorkeling skills, do you? Because none of us have that experience :).

Glad to see several people are signing up for the Tree Limin Zipline Adventure...looks pretty neat in the pictures and videos.

I had come up with what I thought was a fun, unique fish extender gift...then I went to a website just to see things people have done in the past, and my idea was on there. I guess I will need to keep trying to come up with something fun and unique...and that will pack easily and lightly :).

I think you should do whatever you already planned, even if you saw it from someone else. You can make it your own by adding or taking something away. I think that no matter what you decide to do, it will be appreciated.

I can't wait to get until we cruise! :-) Almost time for me to check in!!!

Hi. My family and I booked this cruise in April of 2012, but I just found this web site through another forum today.
My husband and I went on a four day cruise two yrs ago, but this will be the first cruise for our sons. This is the first Disney Cruise for all of us.
I only made it through reading the first 22 pages of this thread tonight. :) I'll have to pick back up there tomorrow.
In the first few pages I saw there are a few other teachers. (I'm also a teacher.)
My sons are ages 8 and 10. (Tyler and Dylan)
We fly into Orlando from Akron, Ohio on Fri Aug 9 and we are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge the night before the cruise.
One question about excursions... I see listed how long they last (like 3 to 3 1/2 hrs) but how do you find out the start times? (Like whether they start at 9 AM, 10 AM...?)
Thank you!
Kim

Hi. My family and I booked this cruise in April of 2012, but I just found this web site through another forum today.
My husband and I went on a four day cruise two yrs ago, but this will be the first cruise for our sons. This is the first Disney Cruise for all of us.
I only made it through reading the first 22 pages of this thread tonight. :) I'll have to pick back up there tomorrow.
In the first few pages I saw there are a few other teachers. (I'm also a teacher.)
We fly into Orlando from Akron, Ohio on Fri Aug 9 and we are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge the night before the cruise.
One question about excursions... I see listed how long they last (like 3 to 3 1/2 hrs) but how do you find out the start times? (Like whether they start at 9 AM, 10 AM...?)
Thank you!
Kim

:welcome: to the DISboards and :welcome: to our cruise thread!

I am sure your boys will love cruising DCL! It is so much fun.

Like you we'll fly in prior to the cruise, 3 days actually and will be staying at OKW.

As for the excursions ....... once you are actually booking your excursion, DCL will offer you different start times (where more than one tour is offered). Most tours leave early in the day. :goodvibes

I just looked up the start time of both excursions in St. Thomas and they both have an early (around 8am) start time. I didn't see another time for the tour. Plus I think you might cut it pretty close. The zipline thing is scheduled to take 4 - 4 1/2 hours, so will take up most of your day.
Sorry not to be of more help.

So, I tried to do the Tree Limin Zipline excursion and it is all booked. I might have to do that one on my own. But that means I could do the shopping tour through DCL. We'll see.

Thank you!
Kim

Are you going to be a part of Fish Extenders group? Just trying to keep my list updated. :-)

Almost forgot, we've also got this to look forward to :banana: Link

I saw that trailer this weekend. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Are you going to be a part of Fish Extenders group? Just trying to keep my list updated. :-)

I think we will wait for cruise #2 to try the FE. I'm so overwhelmed right now just trying to plan what needs done and packed. Thank you though. I'm sure I will check them out as we roam the halls on the ship. At that point, I'll probably wish we had joined. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter