August 10, 2013 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy

How should we split the FE?

• Split the FE list in half (2 groups 22 - 26 staterooms)

• Stick to the idea of a headcount (3 groups (14/15 staterroms)

Results are only viewable after voting.
KJansen- It's pretty amazing to be in the water with them. We had a few people (including my best friend) that were very afraid of the stingrays and they all warmed up to them within a few minutes. As far as the snorkeling part goes, you can snorkel around if you want to. My sister and I went out pretty far to see the bigger ones that were either swimming around or buried in the sand. DH and my bestie hung out in the shallows and relaxed in the waves. Sometimes little "schools" of stingrays would swim by them, but they didn't snorkel for very long. The snorkeling part is pretty easy if you haven't done it before. I think if I remember right you have a life vest on, which if you inflate a little bit it will help you float along, so you just breathe normally and kick your feet where you want to go.

I'll try to find a few pictures of us with stingrays in Cayman etc. I didn't take any pictures at Castaway Cay because I was busy looking for them... :rolleyes1

Hello all! My family and I have done previous cruises but different ocean liners. My daughter,Gigi(10) is so excited. My son, Nicco (16) is excited as well. Go figure. Gigi would love to meet and chat with any other young ladies before we set sail. It would be great to start out this fun cruise knowing someone on board! :cool1:
Can't wait!
Jennie
Forgot to mention.... We are cruising August 10-17 on Fantasy

Hello all! My family and I have done previous cruises but different ocean liners. My daughter,Gigi(10) is so excited. My son, Nicco (16) is excited as well. Go figure. Gigi would love to meet and chat with any other young ladies before we set sail. It would be great to start out this fun cruise knowing someone on board! :cool1:
Can't wait!
Jennie

Yay another 10 year old girl! My daughter, Emily, is 10 also and would live to meet other children her age.

Hi There!

We have confirmed that we will be on this sailing! (yeah!)

Sounds like a fun group is brewing in here (I haven't made it through all of the pages, but getting there). :)

We are travelling with a small group of friends with kids ages 6-10. We are planning on doing a fish extender thing between our familes - so we will keep an eye out for your F/Es just in case. ;)

Just wanted to pop in an say "Hi!".

We have two girls (ages 7 & 8) - easy to spot us as my husband and I are of German descent and our girls are both Chinese! My oldest daughter absolutely loves cruising and is counting down the days.

~Suzy
Seattle, WA

Hi There!

We are travelling with a small group of friends with kids ages 6-10. We are planning on doing a fish extender thing between our familes - so we will keep an eye out for your F/Es just in case. ;)

We have two girls (ages 7 & 8) - easy to spot us as my husband and I are of German descent and our girls are both Chinese! My oldest daughter absolutely loves cruising and is counting down the days.

~Suzy
Seattle, WA

Welcome! This is our first cruise, and we are really excited about it. How many people are in your group? That is really cool to take a trip with a lot of friends.

Can't wait!
Jennie

I have a son who is 16, maybe our sons can hang out. Can't wait to get onboard!

I did manage to get the Under Two Flags Island Tour at St. Maarten and The Best of St. Thomas Tour and Shopping. I HOPE to be able to do the Tree Limin Zipline though. It is sold out for the DCL, but I might be able to make a reservation directly with them. We'll see.

We have four families - total of 8 adults and 6 kiddos.

This will be my 9th Disney cruise; second on the Fantasy. However, my family has never been on the Fantasy, so I am super excited for them! My daughter (8) will LOVE it!

This is the first Disney Cruise for all of our friends, so that is fun as well. :)

We are planning on visiting an orphanage/children's home in St Maarten and doing the full day sail/snorkel on St Thomas. For CC, just beaching it. We tried to get a cabana to no avail, but I will keep my eyes peeled....you never know!

~S

Can't wait!
Jennie

:welcome: to the DISboards and :welcome: to the cruise thread.
I take it this is your first cruise with Disney and I am sure you are going to love it! :goodvibes

Hi There!

We have confirmed that we will be on this sailing! (yeah!)

Sounds like a fun group is brewing in here (I haven't made it through all of the pages, but getting there). :)

~Suzy
Seattle, WA

We have four families - total of 8 adults and 6 kiddos.

This will be my 9th Disney cruise; second on the Fantasy. However, my family has never been on the Fantasy, so I am super excited for them! My daughter (8) will LOVE it!

This is the first Disney Cruise for all of our friends, so that is fun as well. :)

We are planning on visiting an orphanage/children's home in St Maarten and doing the full day sail/snorkel on St Thomas. For CC, just beaching it. We tried to get a cabana to no avail, but I will keep my eyes peeled....you never know!

~S

:welcome:
You know, when I read your introduction, I wondered if you were the same Suzy who organized the Tagrel cruise in 09?
If so, then I should know you, as we were part of that group. :thumbsup2

Your plans for St. Maarten and St. Thomas sound fun. Sorry about the Cabana, but they were all gone within 10 minutes at 120 days. :scared1:

Welcome! This is our first cruise, and we are really excited about it. How many people are in your group? That is really cool to take a trip with a lot of friends.

I have a son who is 16, maybe our sons can hang out. Can't wait to get onboard!

I did manage to get the Under Two Flags Island Tour at St. Maarten and The Best of St. Thomas Tour and Shopping. I HOPE to be able to do the Tree Limin Zipline though. It is sold out for the DCL, but I might be able to make a reservation directly with them. We'll see.

That would be great! Both my kids are excited. Of course, not knowing anyone makes it more difficult :scratchin
Hopefully our boys meet and hang out. From previous friends who have done this cruise, have only good things to say. The kids end up having a blast!:)

That sounds amazing Deluzy...My son (16) has been asking to go to an orphanage in Mexico ( our church supports this orphanage and has several day-mission trips there). Unfortunately his passport had expired last year and we finally renewed this year for this cruise.
This orphanage you are visiting will no doubt bless you more than it blesses them :)

:welcome: to the DISboards and :welcome: to the cruise thread.
I take it this is your first cruise with Disney and I am sure you are going to love it! :goodvibes

:welcome:
You know, when I read your introduction, I wondered if you were the same Suzy who organized the Tagrel cruise in 09?
If so, then I should know you, as we were part of that group. :thumbsup2

Your plans for St. Maarten and St. Thomas sound fun. Sorry about the Cabana, but they were all gone within 10 minutes at 120 days. :scared1:

We are so excited. Just found out the movie Planes will be shown on board? Kids are going to love it!

Still trying to navigate around these threads...learning little by little :scratchin
My hope is to find other kids the same age as mine so that they could chat a bit before the cruise. I am sure it will make it more fun coming on board and meeting a pen-pal of sorts..:cool1:

Hi there!

Work has been keeping me busy and off checking in. ;)

DIZNEEAT: Yes! Same gal! My girls are much taller now! Not traveling with Tags this time, but friends from church. You will have to stop by say hi if you see us - it would be lovely to see you again!

CruisingFamily & kelmarie66: We get quite a few opportunities to sail and so we pick an orphanage or children's home to serve and/or bring supplies to at at least one port per itinerary. My husband and I started doing this as a way to give back as well as give our girls (adopted) an opportunity to serve others. We find out about the organizations either through our church or simply researching the port. On our last cruise we got to visit a small orphanage in Ensenada .... the girls got to play with the kids for the afternoon and we purchased beef (a real treat!) and then we got to enjoy a meal together! We also brought school supplies. I contact the organizations ahead of time to find out their needs and that gives the girls something to collect and work on as we count down to the cruise. (-:

Yay another 10 year old girl! My daughter, Emily, is 10 also and would live to meet other children her age.

Hi Heather,
My daughter Gigi would love the opportunity to chat with Emily before the cruise. Private message me and maybe we can have the girls connect :cool1:
We are counting the days...
Jennie

Hi Heather,
My daughter Gigi would love the opportunity to chat with Emily before the cruise. Private message me and maybe we can have the girls connect :cool1:
We are counting the days...
Jennie

Hi there!
I have a 10 y/o girl and would l love for her to connect as well!

-jenn

Are we all going to meet up on the first day of the cruise? It would be great if we got a big group photo! Everyone seems so friendly!

I think this will be a great cruise!

Hi there!
I have a 10 y/o girl and would l love for her to connect as well!

-jenn

Hi Jennie,
That would be great.. What's your daughters name? Gigi would be thrilled to meet her. Message me and we can have them chat ...
Jennie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter