August 10, 2013 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy

How should we split the FE?

• Split the FE list in half (2 groups 22 - 26 staterooms)

• Stick to the idea of a headcount (3 groups (14/15 staterroms)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Up at 5am UK time this morning to get my 90 ressies in. Got Remy, a Palo Brunch, Golf & Sports Sim and a couples massage. Add that to the Chef's Table booking we nabbed for my father in Victoria & Albert's and all the other ADRs for Illuminations, Wishes and the like, I'd say I've come out pretty well!

#EverythingSorted :)

We were also up at 5am to book our excursions. We've book the snuba, zip-lining and parasailing. We also booked some adult dining. We will be on the 12 night Med cruise in July, which is very port intensive, so the kids want a lot of beach time on this cruise.

We are already on the list of cruisers, but please add us to the FE list, too. I wasn't sure if we would be able to do it since we will just be getting off the Med cruise, but the kids would be really upset if I didn't sign up.

LOVE that we are only 90 days out now !!! Did my online check-in at midnight last night and got the 11AM PAT ! :thumbsup2

Some of our family members can't check in until 75 day mark, so we will have to see if we can get Palo Brunch for all 7 adults. Right now 4 of us have it booked for one of the days, but hoping to change it at 75 day mark to include all of us. DH and I couldn't get it the first time we cruised, so definitely don't want to miss out this time.

Is the FB page just for FE?

Some of our family members can't check in until 75 day mark, so we will have to see if we can get Palo Brunch for all 7 adults. Right now 4 of us have it booked for one of the days, but hoping to change it at 75 day mark to include all of us. DH and I couldn't get it the first time we cruised, so definitely don't want to miss out this time.

Nope, the FB page is for anyone that wants to join it. Just ask to join and Jenn should accept your request soon. I'm Shelley Chase on Facebook.

Also, I am in the same boat as your family. I can't do anything until the 75 day mark. I WISH I could sign up for things earlier. But oh well. I am still trying to figure out what we want to do. :-)

We booked some port adventures over the weekend...one is the Tree Limin zipline adventure on St. Thomas. It sounds like a fun adventure for all of us--our twin 11-year old boys and my husband are really looking forward to it! It will push my comfort zone, but I'm sure I will enjoy it too. Our travel agent also booked us on the stingray adventure on Castaway Cay. Has anyone done this before? It would be for myself, my husband, our 11-year old boys and 13-year old daughter. Our 16-year old daughter will again do the Vibe kayaking/snorkeling/biking adventure--she did that last year and really enjoyed it. I was just wondering if people recommend the stingray adventure...otherwise I am fine just enjoying the beach at Castaway Cay...it is so pretty, relaxing, and fun! :)

Nope, the FB page is for anyone that wants to join it. Just ask to join and Jenn should accept your request soon. I'm Shelley Chase on Facebook.

Also, I am in the same boat as your family. I can't do anything until the 75 day mark. I WISH I could sign up for things earlier. But oh well. I am still trying to figure out what we want to do. :-)

Thanks Shelley ! Goin' to send that FB request right now ! Are people's kids on the FB page? DD16 has 2 of her best friends sailing on the same cruise, but DS13 won't be in Vibe with them. Just wondering if some of the kids are connecting via FB as well?

Thank you for the olive branch!
My party is me, Heather, 26 hubby, Owen, 29, Emily, 10 and Madison, 5.

How do I know what to get for the fish extenders and are there any rules? What cannot be put into people's fish extenders? Also how will I know how many things I need and how many people are involved?

Hi!
I updated my list. (Can't upload it at the moment, as I am on a different computer).
There are links in my first post about how a FE exchange works. You can get anything you want for it actually. Home made, store bought, whatever tickles your fancy. The only thing you are not allowed are home cooked items. Disney does not allow those things to be brought onboard.
As for how many people involved. The list will divided into groups of around 50 people once we have reached cut off date. I will try to divide by decks, so we won't have to do as little run around as possible.

A Happy Belated birthday Karin !!! I was too tired yesterday to Dis much and so I missed it !!!

Glad to have you back, Rosie! And thank you for your kind birthday wishes. :goodvibes

Up at 5am UK time this morning to get my 90 ressies in. Got Remy, a Palo Brunch, Golf & Sports Sim and a couples massage. Add that to the Chef's Table booking we nabbed for my father in Victoria & Albert's and all the other ADRs for Illuminations, Wishes and the like, I'd say I've come out pretty well!

#EverythingSorted :)

Oh, I know the feeling! :lmao: I was up 30 days ago at 6am, doing my ressies. Glad you got all you wanted. Are you doing Remy dinner or lunch? We enjoy lunch more and got a ressie in too!
All your ressies look pretty good to me! ;) Now, if I could only make up my mind about my own. To only do a Wishes fireworks cruise or an Illuminations one, or do both? :rotfl2: decisions, decisions ......

We were also up at 5am to book our excursions. We've book the snuba, zip-lining and parasailing. We also booked some adult dining. We will be on the 12 night Med cruise in July, which is very port intensive, so the kids want a lot of beach time on this cruise.

Congratulations on getting everything you wanted! Hard to get up at 5am, but so worth it once you scored. ;)
Which excursions did you book for your Med cruise? We are doing one in 2014 and I would love to hear what other people are interested in. :goodvibes

We are already on the list of cruisers, but please add us to the FE list, too. I wasn't sure if we would be able to do it since we will just be getting off the Med cruise, but the kids would be really upset if I didn't sign up.

I added you to the FE list as well. All I still need is your stateroom number. Please let me know if you already know it. :thumbsup2

LOVE that we are only 90 days out now !!! Did my online check-in at midnight last night and got the 11AM PAT ! :thumbsup2

Glad you got your early PAT! It's always nice to know that you can get on the ship early. :goodvibes
I guess that since there are more sea days you should be able to get that brunch ADR for all of you. If not, just go to the restaurant (or the place where they change the dining assignment) and let them work their magic. I am sure you will get lucky.

We booked some port adventures over the weekend...one is the Tree Limin zipline adventure on St. Thomas. It sounds like a fun adventure for all of us--our twin 11-year old boys and my husband are really looking forward to it! It will push my comfort zone, but I'm sure I will enjoy it too. Our travel agent also booked us on the stingray adventure on Castaway Cay. Has anyone done this before? It would be for myself, my husband, our 11-year old boys and 13-year old daughter. Our 16-year old daughter will again do the Vibe kayaking/snorkeling/biking adventure--she did that last year and really enjoyed it. I was just wondering if people recommend the stingray adventure...otherwise I am fine just enjoying the beach at Castaway Cay...it is so pretty, relaxing, and fun! :)

Great adventures booked! Congratulations!
A friend of ours did the Stingray adventure in the fall and they really enjoyed it. :goodvibes

We got our ressies for a couples massage in the villas, brunch in Palo and a cruise in St.Marten. St. Thomas we will be renewing our vows on the beach. Hope everyone gets what they want.

Oh, I know the feeling! :lmao: I was up 30 days ago at 6am, doing my ressies. Glad you got all you wanted. Are you doing Remy dinner or lunch? We enjoy lunch more and got a ressie in too!
All your ressies look pretty good to me! ;) Now, if I could only make up my mind about my own. To only do a Wishes fireworks cruise or an Illuminations one, or do both? :rotfl2: decisions, decisions ......

Remy dinner. Have heard good things about the Remy brunch but we're skipping a Palo dinner this cruise but fancied the brunch there instead. Booking a Remy brunch & Palo dinner for my father at 75days hopefully. The Illuminations cruise looks a little expensive for what it is. As far as I can work out they moor you under the bridge between France and the UK, I've my own better places to watch, the prime one is to the left of the Rose & Crown in a little roped off area. It's there for early diners to watch the show but if you're polite (and being British helps) they tend to let you in there if it's not too busy

We got our ressies for a couples massage in the villas, brunch in Palo and a cruise in St.Marten. St. Thomas we will be renewing our vows on the beach. Hope everyone gets what they want.

It's so exciting to see what everyone's heart is set at and so glad that so far everyone got what they wanted.
Congratulations on renewing your vows at St. Thomas. :goodvibes

Remy dinner. Have heard good things about the Remy brunch but we're skipping a Palo dinner this cruise but fancied the brunch there instead. Booking a Remy brunch & Palo dinner for my father at 75days hopefully. The Illuminations cruise looks a little expensive for what it is. As far as I can work out they moor you under the bridge between France and the UK, I've my own better places to watch, the prime one is to the left of the Rose & Crown in a little roped off area. It's there for early diners to watch the show but if you're polite (and being British helps) they tend to let you in there if it's not too busy

We've had dinner at Remy three times so far. It was always nice, but we really enjoy the champagne brunch there.
And like you, we cannot pass up Palo brunch either. :lmao: I hope your father will get his Remy brunch and Palo dinner. But with several sea days I think it will be possible.
Yes, the speciality cruises for Wishes and Illuminations are a bit on the pricey side. We did a Wishes fireworks cruise in February and it was just such and awesome experience (invited some DISfriends to join us :goodvibes). Now, we are repeating that experience on our first full day at WDW prior to the cruise, again with some friends and I have been thinking about the Illuminations one. So far I have one booked for the last part of our stay, but still not quite sure if I want to keep it. ;)

I know the spot you were talking about, we have used it quite a few times before, but I really enjoy seeing the fireworks "sitting down". :rotfl2:

Thanks Shelley ! Goin' to send that FB request right now ! Are people's kids on the FB page? DD16 has 2 of her best friends sailing on the same cruise, but DS13 won't be in Vibe with them. Just wondering if some of the kids are connecting via FB as well?

You know, I am not sure if there are any kids on the facebook page, but I don't see why they shouldn't get on. I will have to invite my girls as my son doesn't do facebook that often. I have one girl that is 21, another that will be 18 when we board, and then my son that is 16.

PlutoNme, I hope your vow renewal goes really well and how exciting for you! Congratulations!

KJansen - I am going to look into that zipline thing. I had a lot of fun trying that out near my home, except if I have to take a step off, I can't do. As long as I can sit down or put my feet in something, I will be good. Otherwise, I won't be doing it. :-)

Karin - For the FEs, we will be in cabin 9064.

KJansen - We also booked the zipline adventure. We have a boy, Cameron, who will be 11 and a daughter, Jordan, who is 13. We did the stingray adventure a couple years ago. The kids loved feeding them.

You know, I am not sure if there are any kids on the facebook page, but I don't see why they shouldn't get on. I will have to invite my girls as my son doesn't do facebook that often. I have one girl that is 21, another that will be 18 when we board, and then my son that is 16.

PlutoNme, I hope your vow renewal goes really well and how exciting for you! Congratulations!

KJansen - I am going to look into that zipline thing. I had a lot of fun trying that out near my home, except if I have to take a step off, I can't do. As long as I can sit down or put my feet in something, I will be good. Otherwise, I won't be doing it. :-)

The zipline adventure says it is 2 1/2 hours...I don't think there is any sitting down :). There are pictures and videos of it online--from what I can tell, you walk across wooden extension bridges to get to platforms that you zipline off of. You take special vehicles up the mountain to get started. Like I said, it will push my comfort zone. :)

Karin - For the FEs, we will be in cabin 9064.

KJansen - We also booked the zipline adventure. We have a boy, Cameron, who will be 11 and a daughter, Jordan, who is 13. We did the stingray adventure a couple years ago. The kids loved feeding them.

That's awesome that you booked the zipline adventure too! We have twin boys that are 11 and a daughter who is 13 :). Have you watched the videos or looked at pictures online of the zipline adventure? It will definitely be an adventure! :)

Hello fellow cruisers ;)

I have just booked our family onto this cruise yesterday. It's an add on before we do Alaska on the wonder 19th departure. This will be our 2nd Fantasy cruise. I'm so excited! There are 3 of us. DH & DS (2) plus myself. We are flying from Queensland Australia. Can we join the FE group please? I don't have a cabin number yet as we are GTY.

So great to meet you all. :)

So I've determined that my family will have to take a flight in the night before our Aug 10 eastern caribbean cruise and stay in a hotel because we can't get into Orlando with time to make it aboard the Disney Cruise Line magical express bus and to the ship before it disembarks. I've already booked my flight and hotel as well as my ground transportation.

Do I check my luggage at my airport and pick it up at baggage claim in Orlando and have to take it with us everywhere we go or will I be able to put the tags on my checked luggage and let it stay at the airport and be transported the next day?

How does the magical express work? Can I leave my hotel at anytime and go to the airport and check into the bus or is there a specific time that I have to go? How do I know when I can check into the ship or when I can get the bus?

I've been onto my account with Disney and its saying I can't check in until may 27! I've seen that other people have been able to check in and sign up for reservations. Is this because I am a first time cruiser? Approximately how much are reservations and what kind of excursions can I book off ship in port?

I'm not quite sure how the reservations work! I'd like to book a dinner or lunch for the hubby and I. I know that almost all the food is included, are the adult restaurants excluded from this?

I've seen people talking about onboard credits! Are these prepaid? Can I prepay, if so, how? How do I go about getting an onboard credit and how much should I have for an onboard credit? Can I designate some money for the kids to be able to charge on a daily basis or should I not give them any charging privileges?

Am I correct in saying, if I buy alcohol once I reach my hotel, I can bring whatever I've bought onto the ship for my own consumption in my room?

Is there anyone who happens to be around mine or my family's age? I'll be 27, at time of cruise, hubby will be 29 and my kids will be 10 and 5 (one month away from 6). I'd like to make some connections or some friends to have on the ship who can help me should I need, I'm not particular about age as I feel I'm much more mature than my age but it would be nice. Also I'm from Whitby, ON, is anyone from the general area on this cruise as well?

Sorry for the long post!!!

Hey,

Oh yeah my name is Beth, DH is Chris & DS (2) is Daniel. *edit because cabin was for our 2014 Disney Fantasy cruise*

Cheers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter