~ Aug 2013~ Sew what... We've gotta find a way back! Part I!!

Sorry for the delay again in posting. So much to do before Christmas. Thank you so much for your nice comments about my bag and making things for others!

I love all your bags, but this camera bag is sooooo awesome! Fabulous idea.

Your daughters in their "ugly" outfits look sooo cute!

Since I may be busy sewing last minute items, I will wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

D, before things get too busy, I just wanted to wish you and your beautiful family a very Merry Christmas.

tiggerchristmas.jpg

Wow, got so far behind again. Like everyone else, I've been juggling lots of balls. But first let me say how adorable the Remy bag is!! Love it! And then, the camera bag. You've got to be kidding me. You are amazing!!!!

Hi Lois! Glad to see you back... Thank you for all the compliments!

As far as the AG dolls, I love that you and your girls enjoy them and have such a bonding experience with them. Also, it's great that you are teaching your girls the value of staying young at heart...way to go, Mom!!:yay: I never paid much attention to them, but wish I had. I love them now, but can't really afford to buy them for the granddaughters since I have four of them and I can't ever stop at one of anything. But thanks for sharing your lovely collection.

Thanks Lois... I agree, there is so much more than what's at the surface when you enjoy a collecting hobby with your children... There is a bonding that occurs, and it tends to forge a relationship that spans further than the collecting itself.

I appreciate that you enjoyed seeing our collection, I always hate sharing it, because I am so afraid that people will think it's so excessive - and it probably is - but I often feel that once I explain how everything came about, a little here and a little there, most people understand.

If it's something you are truly interested in collecting for your grand daughters - what if you instituted a specific age where the each received one? Like at age 7 or something like that? That way it would break up the expense for you, and it would give the younger ones something to look forward to... Then maybe one outfit for Birthday or Christmas? I dunno, just trying to help out... I know they are so expensive. There is also the annual MCM sale... I've been known to go occasionally - if I do go again, I would be happy to let you know - they often have dolls for $35 each. Usually it's only specific dolls - but they are genuine AG dolls. This sale takes place in Wisconsin every July. :thumbsup2 Let me know if you are interested, and I'd be happy to keep you posted.

No pressure... Just trying to help you find a way to make it work, if it's something you'd truly like to do for them.

I love the idea of an ugly sweater day and I think you are absolutely correct in thinking they want to wear them and this is a good excuse. I have a couple of ugly sweaters I could donate to the cause for next year, but they would probably be too big for your girls, who, btw, are so adorable! What great pics of the two of them together!

LOL, I appreciate the offer for an ugly sweater donation - they'd probably take you up on it, too big or not... They are obsessed with finding the ugliest sweater they can for next year. :rotfl2:

We got a little snow. Maybe 2 inches. I was hoping for a little more, but this is better than nothing. Glad you did okay with driving to and from work. I had to go out in it also, but had no problems. We don't get the drifting you get, which really helps.

I hope the snow gave you a white Christmas. :thumbsup2

Our son who lives in Florida arrived on Friday and later that evening our son and DIL who live 2 1/2 hours away arrived. We will celebrate Christmas today with them as son and DIL have to go back to Toledo late this afternoon. Other son will be here until New Years day. Then we will leave for Virginia to have Christmas with our 2 daughters and their families on Jan 4. I'm really looking forward to that. Christmas with the grandkids is just so magical!

I am so happy for you that you will have a holiday surrounded by family and grandkids - it does sound magical. That is one of my biggest fears - once the girls go off on their own, that they won't come home for the hoidays and we'll be all alone... :worried:

So sorry you're not feeling well. It's the pits to be sick when you have so much to do and people visiting. I know what you mean about the man voice. That's the first sign for me that I'm getting sick. I sound like my DH! Hope you get better really soon and enjoy your Christmas party today!

I am starting to feel better - thankfully! I sound like crap, but I feel OK. I'll take what I can get right now.

I have not gotten to sew at all since our boys have been here, but will get back to it later today. I'm at the point where I'm doing the lining on the Rapunzel dress. The hard part of applying the trim and putting in the zipper is done. It's looking pretty good. I found the most adorable little play shoes that are the same color as the dress and have little heels. She's going to love them!

That sounds so cute! I bet she will love them! Glad the hard part is done, I hope you are able to finish it up in time.

Well, this will probably be it before Christmas, so I'd like to wish you and your family and everyone else on this thread a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

Merry Christmas to you and your family Lois. :hug:

Sorry for the delay again in posting. So much to do before Christmas. Thank you so much for your nice comments about my bag and making things for others!

I love all your bags, but this camera bag is sooooo awesome! Fabulous idea.

Your daughters in their "ugly" outfits look sooo cute!

Since I may be busy sewing last minute items, I will wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

No worries! I loved your bag - I think it was magnificant and such a great gift. ::yes::

Thanks for the compliments on my new camera bag and the girls' outfits - they were so fun. And I love taking pictures of them when they are being silly.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, as well.

D, before things get too busy, I just wanted to wish you and your beautiful family a very Merry Christmas.

tiggerchristmas.jpg

Thank you Kathy... I hope you and Mark and the rest of the family have a very Merry Christmas, as well. :hug:

Another crazy day for us yesterday...

We had to be out the door by 8:30am to be to our destination by 11:30am... :crazy2: Yes, a 3 hour drive to start off our morning...

We stopped at the 2 hour mark to pick up my brother...

Then another hour on the road.

Every year, the Sunday before Christmas - like clockwork - is my Mom's family Christmas... It starts off with 10:00 Mass said for my Grandfather and Mom, and follows with a Christmas noon meal at which ever location can meet our needs that year... This year is was a local dining facility - but we have been known to rent out the Legion, VFW, Golf Course... It's always catered - our family is just too large to accomodate any other way. Santa always comes after our meal to hand out gifts (each family brings a gift of their own for their own kids, we don't do a name exchange anymore).

My mom is sthe 2nd oldest of 11 children... Each one of those children had no less than 6 of their own children (except for my mom - she only had the 2 of us)... Those would all be my immediate cousins... There is well over 70 of us. Now, most of us are married and have started families of our own... You can see how it gets to be a bit confusing... I know all of my immediate cousins - we all grew up together... I know most of their spouses - but their kids... It's a lost cause. :crazy2:

Sooo... To help out with that... Everyone gets a name tag that denotes their lineage... So, in Large bold letters, it states the person's name... then below that, it gives their parent's name and their grandparent's name... So, you know who everyone belongs to. LOL I know it sounds impersonal - but it's super helpful, so when little Johnny is running all over - you can just read who he belongs to. :thumbsup2

Anyways... It's lots of fun - but very exhausting!

Yesterday, we did not go to Mass, it just didn't work with our plans... We would have had to leave at 7am to get there on time, and that gets to be a very long day on the road for us...

We had a great time though, and I really enjoyed visiting with all of my cousins that could make it and my aunts and uncles - since we live so far away - I don't get to see them all very often.

My girls received an amazing gift from my God-mother... Who is my mom's oldest sister... I wanted to share it here, because it is sewing related. She made them, probably one of the most amazing gifts anyone could ever make for someone... A quilt. :lovestruc I was so shocked and amazed... Here is this amazing woman, whom we rarely get to see - and she made such a wonderful thing for them. I always think of a quilt as someone personally wrapping you in a hug when you cuddle up with it... I was nearly in tears. And the girls were so excited.

Here's my aunt with the girls and their quilts - not the best picture, but..

IMG_9421.jpg

Once we were finished there... We headed towards home - stopping at my Dad's to do Christmas with him and drop my brother off for the weekend. We exchanged gifts with them and visited for a couple of hours...

Here's V with my brother... Both of them still wearing their name tags - LOL

IMG_9426.jpg

Then, we were on the road again, headed for home... The girls wrapped up in their quilts - exhausted.

IMG_9427.jpg

IMG_9428.jpg

Once we stopped for dinner (Jimmy Johns) and gas... We arrived home at about 7pm... It's a very long day of driving for us...

The girls also got another cool gift from one of my other aunts - who is like a grandmother to them... These really cool Puzzle Lamps... So, they sat down on the floor to try and put them together when we got home... They were getting frustrated, so Josh decided to help...

IMG_9442.jpg

All in all, it was a great day! I really miss my extended family these days, and it is my dream, once the girls are off on their own, that maybe we'll be able to sell our house and move closer to home. We will see.

I must get going... I have lots of prep work to do for food over the next couple of days.

I wish each and every one of you a very...

mickey-mouse-disney-christmas.jpg

And I hope you all get to share the day with your family and those who are dear to you.

D~

D, and anyone else, I'm putting in an order with Joanns for fabric and since I can't see it in person, any suggestions for good basic fabrics or favourites for sewing and appliquees?

Thanks
E

Merry Christmas from Wdw ! I am loking forward to attenfing 8 am Mass at the Contemporary Resort Fantasis ballroom I wish you all peace health & blessing for the new year my friends[/SIZ

E]

Please include my dear Aunt Mary in yout prayers 80 years old in zHoward Beach NY she lost so much during hurricane Sandy Christmas Eve she was hospitalized bad scistica and complications after foot surgery.........she is my heart

Ruthie

D, and anyone else, I'm putting in an order with Joanns for fabric and since I can't see it in person, any suggestions for good basic fabrics or favourites for sewing and appliquees?

Thanks
E

I like to use the fairy frost for appliques... Otherwise - I just use whatever scraps I have laying around from my sewing projects. :thumbsup2

To your entire family! May you be blessed.

Thank you Judy! I love that Donald graphic! :lovestruc I hope you had a Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas from Wdw ! I am loking forward to attenfing 8 am Mass at the Contemporary Resort Fantasis ballroom I wish you all peace health & blessing for the new year my friends[/SIZ

E]

Please include my dear Aunt Mary in yout prayers 80 years old in zHoward Beach NY she lost so much during hurricane Sandy Christmas Eve she was hospitalized bad scistica and complications after foot surgery.........she is my heart

Ruthie

I will definately keep her in my thoughts and prayers Ruthie. I hope you are having a Merry Christmas. :lovestruc

Just stopping by for a quick hello... No time to update today, must get to cooking/cleaning... Josh's dad and step-mom are coming for Christmas dinner.

I wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas! :lovestruc

D~

Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. I love seeing the girls in their "Christmas best" or "ugly" sweaters and socks, of course I do agree that they look very cute. Your Christmas celebration with your mom's family sounds like fun. I think the idea of the name tags is cool, so you know how you are related to someone. The quilts are beautiful and such a lovely gift that they will treasures and obviously something that will get lots of use.

Merry Christmas D! Thank you for the "gift" of your wonderful pre-trip reports and trip reports! And thank you for the sewing inspiration, or should I say sewing machine inspiration - not to mention two beautiful bags by D that I just love!

Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. I love seeing the girls in their "Christmas best" or "ugly" sweaters and socks, of course I do agree that they look very cute. Your Christmas celebration with your mom's family sounds like fun. I think the idea of the name tags is cool, so you know how you are related to someone. The quilts are beautiful and such a lovely gift that they will treasures and obviously something that will get lots of use.

Thank you Liz - I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas too!

LOL Thank you - V did wear her outfit one more time, on Christmas Eve, it was very cute!

Yes, the name tags are very helpful - I don't think we do any family parties with out them anymore.

I agree, the quilts were an amazing gift!

Merry Christmas D! Thank you for the "gift" of your wonderful pre-trip reports and trip reports! And thank you for the sewing inspiration, or should I say sewing machine inspiration - not to mention two beautiful bags by D that I just love!

Thank YOU Stephanie for reading and continuing to follow along. :lovestruc I am so happy you still love your bags. I hope you had a Merry Christmas. :lovestruc

Merry Christmas, D!
Hope you and your family have a wounderful Christmas!
mickeychristmas.jpg

Merry Christmas to you too Tracy! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! :lovestruc

Hoping you're having a great Christmas. pixiedust:

Thank you! I really enjoyed all of your DGD's gift opening pictures - she's so cute. :wizard:

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

016_zpsb271ca87.jpg

Aww... Thank you Ariana - I hope you had a wonderful Christmas too! I love all of your stockings all lined up - that Donald one is adorable! :lovestruc

I am not even sure that I can begin to update the last few days... It was a whirlwind of craziness - that's for sure!

We spent Christmas Eve day with Josh's Dad's family, at his Aunt's house (which was his Grandparent's house)... It was lot's of fun to see so many family members that we haven't seen in years.

All of the teen-age cousins were playing a game of Apples to Apples in the basement...

031.jpg

And then... after Christmas Eve dinner - doing all of the dishes for 30+ people, with out being asked.

034.jpg

We came home here to spend Christmas Eve opening our gifts to and from eachother.

I was shocked to recieve a new doll for Christmas... I guess that V has been hiding it in a cubby in her room since July... She had my cousin Tonya pick it up when we went out there for the MCM sale. The doll she chose for me was #24, a doll I have been wanting since the very first day I opened a catalog. I honestly had no idea - V is the worst secret keeper in the world - so she must have just been bursting for months! LOL As you can see by the reaction on my face (I am also wearing my new Donald sweatshirt from Alli) - even though I knew I was opening a doll box - I did not think there was a doll in there. LOL I was so surprised!

075.jpg

The girls each got one big gift... Allison received a DSLR camera & Victoria received an Ipad... Both girls were extatic!

102.jpg

MM was bombarded by all sorts of new toys, woobies and treats... That adorable stuffed puppy dog was missing an ear with in a matter of minutes... Figures... :confused3 Not sure why he can't control himself from eating ears?

067.jpg

110.jpg

And the only photo I have right now of the Ipad case I made for Victoria...

112.jpg

Alli loved her camera bag... Unfortunately, I accidentally made her camera strap too long - so I need to go back and resize it. I have no idea what in the world I was thinking?

I also wanted to show you all a few of the first pictures Alli took with her new camera yesterday... By the end of the day - we had our entire Christmas day documented... LOL

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

And, of course - my gorgeous girls... :lovestruc

DSC_0436.jpg

DSC_0388-7.jpg

I hope that each and every one of you had a wonderful Christmas surrounded by family and friends.

D~

It looks like you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, D~! :goodvibes We had a great one too...but now that the last of our house guests left this morning, I am ready to CRASH!!! :faint:

Thank you everyone for the holiday wishes! :) I hope each of you had an amazing holiday.

Today's update... I worked at Target yesterday - it was total and utter chaos! 100x worse than Black Friday - I loved it!

Today, I plan to fix Alli's camera strap... Take some of our AGs out of their holiday outfits and put them in jammies... And be lazy. That is all. :)

D~

Finally able to catch up!! Loved seeing how much fun you uys had over the Christmas Holiday. I will not be staying caught up since we leave for Disneyland in just 2 short days!!!! Hope your family has a safe and fun New Years!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter