~ Aug 2013~ Sew what... We've gotta find a way back! Part I!!

Sorry everyone, replies will be very short this morning, since I have to work at Target and we are also in a Winter Storm Warning - Blizzard warning to the counties just south of us. :(

Hopefully the roads are ok when I get off of work. We always have visibility issues in our area - and our main hwy is notorious for drifting closed... Hopefully I make it home OK. I always worry, I have had some very scary close calls.

Be careful out there. I guess y'all are used to driving to work in a Winter Storm. Here, the city pretty much shuts down during a Winter Storm. No one goes out shopping, unless they need emergency supplies. And going out in a blizzard here? I don't even think emergency personal go out in blizzards.

My oldest was born in '72 and my youngest in '92 , I feel a bit like Sophia or perhaps Grandma Moses!!

Love all the AG dolls! We must have about twenty. I was very depressed when my baby out grew them. Ruth

Looks like I'm the youngest Ruth/ie. I was born in the mid 70s.

Stay Safe in the Weather, D~

Love all the new bags!! Remmy turned out really cute and I love how everything matches!!

Drive safe today!!

LOL... with friends like me....

I was about to share your latest auction on Facebook...until I realized I was the high bidder! The next bid amount will go over my max for my gift to myself...so I am being selfish and keeping it quiet! LOL

I know ...terrible friend. And I can't really 'wear' my camera in the parks...but I love it so much better than that silly nylon strap that came with the camera!

Selfish Nini

You are welcome! I enjoy showing it off.

D~ - Have a good day at work and be careful driving home. I used to live in Erie, PA and I hated driving in the snow. Oh, and good luck with the auction.

Thanks Ariana. Surprisingly, my drive home was better than my drive in - not by much - but it was. :thumbsup2

Be careful out there. I guess y'all are used to driving to work in a Winter Storm. Here, the city pretty much shuts down during a Winter Storm. No one goes out shopping, unless they need emergency supplies. And going out in a blizzard here? I don't even think emergency personal go out in blizzards.

Thanks! I don't usually drive when there are storms predicted... I had 2 really close calls. The first one was the first year we lived here, and the second one was 2 years ago... Because of the hills and valleys in SE MN, it causes the roads to drift closed very quickly. On our highway, the plows have to keep going non-stop, or it 's a lost cause. :scared: There have been several times over the years where we were stranded home because they closed the hwy. So, I get a bit paranoid when I have to work during storms like that, I am always so afraid they will close the highway while I am at work, and I won't be able to get home.

Alli's bag turned out cute!
stay safe in the storm!

Thanks! It wasn't as bad here as it looked to be when I went to work. We got lucky this time.

Looks like I'm the youngest Ruth/ie. I was born in the mid 70s.

Stay Safe in the Weather, D~

:) Thanks Ruth!

Love all the new bags!! Remmy turned out really cute and I love how everything matches!!

Drive safe today!!

Thanks Sandra!

LOL... with friends like me....

I was about to share your latest auction on Facebook...until I realized I was the high bidder! The next bid amount will go over my max for my gift to myself...so I am being selfish and keeping it quiet! LOL

I know ...terrible friend. And I can't really 'wear' my camera in the parks...but I love it so much better than that silly nylon strap that came with the camera!

Selfish Nini

OMG! This made me ROFL this morning. :rotfl2: And, just to up the ante... It coordinates with your bag. ::yes::

Yes, I had a crazy drive in to work yesterday... The road was clear of other cars, so I stopped and took a picture...

406598_10200312519364397_189765113_n.jpg

The snow was very light and dusty, but under that was ice... It was a bit white knuckled for a little while, but I made it, and I had a good day at work. I am gonna miss all the high stress/business of the holiday season.

I came home last night to the start of feeling sick... Took 2 Nyquil before bed, and woke this morning with a "man voice"... and for those of you that have actually talked to me IRL - I have a man voice anyways. LOL So - I just sound that much worse now. And a killer sore throat. Sigh... The girls' only lasted a couple of days, so I hope to be feeling better by our first Christmas party on Sunday.

Last night, Josh logged in to our FSA... Yah - was have about $550 to spend by the end of the year... So, even though we haven't gotten a bill from the dentist yet, I am going to stop in there and see if I can pay it, and get a receipt... That will help with a chunk of it. Then, I think Josh is going to get a new pair of glasses... I was supposed to get another pair this year, but I didn't - since he actually wears his, I feel that he should get another pair. :confused3

And my girls.... Awww.. They are so cute today!

Alli has her "Ugly Christmas Sweater" day at school today...

And V has a holiday dress up day at school...

They are soooooo cute!

There is a story behind this (surprised? Probably not)... Alli borrowed her "Ugly Sweater" - which isn't all that ugly, IMO - from a neighbor... Since then, V has been to every neighbor's house for 3 square blocks, trying to find an ugly sweater for today. When she went to bed last night - she was so crabby, because she had NOTHING to wear. So, this morning, she came down with the red striped shirt on. As the morning progressed, they girls happened to find a pair of Christmas socks I bought at 90% off last Christmas, and they just made her outfit perfect. She hot glued her headband this morning, and dug out her red Converse... And if you ask me, this was the most adorable impromptu outfit ever.

IMG_9410.jpg

IMG_9416.jpg

I just love V's facial expression in this one... LOL

IMG_9413.jpg

And this one is my favorite:

IMG_9414.jpg

And please, ignore all the gifts in the background... Everyone has been mailing their gifts to our house, because all the festivities will be centered around this area - so we have 3 families worth of gifts under our tree at the moment. No, all of them are not ours. :confused3

I wanted today to be a sewing day... I still have so much to finish! I think I will go up there for a couple of hours this morning... Then I will head to town to get all my last minute stuff done... You know... Grocery shopping, Dentist, Liquor store, Pharmacist, Target (it's our Holiday meal today - so free lunch - whoot), meat market, vet... :crazy2:

Guaranteed, I will be working on Victoria's gift tomorrow, with my sewing room door closed. Sigh... I was hoping to be further than this.

Love the pics of the girls....so fun.:goodvibes

Did you end up with a lot of snow? Our 2 to 4 inches ended up being a dusting on the grass . But poor Markie and Alisha ended up with over 13 inches and no power for over 6 hours.if I don't get back here, I wish you, Josh and the girls a very Merry Christmas!

I hope you get better soon and get to finish all the Christmas gifts in the sewing room. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Oh, I hope you feel better for your festivities! That always seems to happen in our household, right when we need to be at our best :rolleyes:

Well IMO, Alli's "ugly" Christmas sweater is beautiful...I would wear that. In fact, I am sure I have uglier that I do wear every year :thumbsup2 I have this one sweatshirt that has snowmen on it. I wear it every time we have a really snowy day here. I love it, but hubby thinks it is ugly. :confused3

Love V's socks! If I could pull off skinny jeans, I would get a pair of those.

I'm a nervous wreck today....we had a threat circulating around Facebook the past couple of days saying what happened in CT will happen in Southern Maine on the winter solstice. We all got messages yesterday saying they knew about the threat and were taking extra security measures. But I still had a really hard time deciding to let Bradey go to school today. And I jump every time the phone rings :scared: I can't wait until 2:00 when I can go get him!

Anyway....hope you have a wonderful weekend and I'm sure we will chat before the big day! :wave2:

Love the girls pictures. Those striped socks and striped top make her look adorable! There's no ugly there. What does her headband look like that she hotglued?

Bummer at being sick at Christmas, hope it goes away quickly!

The pictures of the girls are so cute! And the sweater is anything but ugly.

Omg d! I love the camera bag and now I'm stuck wondering how on earth I will manage Disney with v and my camera bag, my d bag pls vS stuff. Oh and water bottles? I cringe just thinking about how to figure it out. I like my camera to be easily accessible, but I want my upb amd I can't do both. My head hurts just thinking about it. And yes this comes from me being a huge over packer and I'm used to going with a stroller for her. No stroller next time!

Love the pics of the girls....so fun.:goodvibes

Did you end up with a lot of snow? Our 2 to 4 inches ended up being a dusting on the grass . But poor Markie and Alisha ended up with over 13 inches and no power for over 6 hours.if I don't get back here, I wish you, Josh and the girls a very Merry Christmas!

Thanks Kathy. We did not get a lot of snow... maybe 4-6"? It's the drifting around here that always gets us into trouble... That 4-6" ends up leaving behind 2 ft. snow drifts. :confused3

Wow... I hope they have their power restored by now, that is always my biggest fear, that we will lose power for a long time. Fortunately - our electric company is a Co-Op, small and local - so if you call them, they are very good about getting out here to fix things right away.

I hope you get better soon and get to finish all the Christmas gifts in the sewing room. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Thank you Lillian. I hope I feel better soon too... Currently, I am not feeling any better or any worse.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, as well.

Oh, I hope you feel better for your festivities! That always seems to happen in our household, right when we need to be at our best

Thanks, it's not looking too promising at the moment... Both Josh and I have the same thing. Josh's dad was supposed to arrive in the Cities sometime last night - so I have a feeling we will meet up at some point today.

Well IMO, Alli's "ugly" Christmas sweater is beautiful...I would wear that. In fact, I am sure I have uglier that I do wear every year :thumbsup2 I have this one sweatshirt that has snowmen on it. I wear it every time we have a really snowy day here. I love it, but hubby thinks it is ugly.

I know, I think her's is cute too. Honestly, this seems to be a trend with the High/Middle schoolers - to have a day to wear "ugly Christmas sweaters" - and to be honest, I think they do it because they secretly like to wear them, but don't want to admit it. :rotfl:

Love V's socks! If I could pull off skinny jeans, I would get a pair of those.

I know - aren't they awesome. They came in a 2 pack last year at Target... I actually bought them for the other pair in the pack... Minnie Dot. :thumbsup2

I'm a nervous wreck today....we had a threat circulating around Facebook the past couple of days saying what happened in CT will happen in Southern Maine on the winter solstice. We all got messages yesterday saying they knew about the threat and were taking extra security measures. But I still had a really hard time deciding to let Bradey go to school today. And I jump every time the phone rings I can't wait until 2:00 when I can go get him!

I don't think this was unique to your area or school - we had the same things going on here. So, the school added extra security guards for yesterday, and also called in half the police force to hang out. I hope everything went OK for you yesterday, and you got some good cuddle time with Mr. Bradey.

Anyway....hope you have a wonderful weekend and I'm sure we will chat before the big day!

Thank you, you too!

Love the girls pictures. Those striped socks and striped top make her look adorable! There's no ugly there. What does her headband look like that she hotglued?

LOL - I know - it's so cute and it was a total accident. Honestly - I think she will end up wearing that outfit to every Christmas party we go to this year, because she loves it so much.

The headband was a plain green headband, and she dug 2 mini green bows out of our AG Christmas bin, then hot glued them to the headband. Personally - we have an Elf christmas hat she could wear, that would be really cute, or a regular Santa hat too. So, we will se if she decides to change up that portion of it at all.

the girls look cute! hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Lisa~!

Not feeling any better here, but not feeling any worse either. :confused3 I am hoping to see some improvement today.

Bummer at being sick at Christmas, hope it goes away quickly!

The pictures of the girls are so cute! And the sweater is anything but ugly.

Thanks Ariana. I know - I think it is so funny...

Omg d! I love the camera bag and now I'm stuck wondering how on earth I will manage Disney with v and my camera bag, my d bag pls vS stuff. Oh and water bottles? I cringe just thinking about how to figure it out. I like my camera to be easily accessible, but I want my upb amd I can't do both. My head hurts just thinking about it. And yes this comes from me being a huge over packer and I'm used to going with a stroller for her. No stroller next time!

I am not sure how you will manage either Erin - that sounds like a lot to carry & manage. :confused3 I am sure you will figure it out.

Yesterday was crazy (surprised?)...

I started out in my sewing room... I worked on the applique for V's gift for about 2 hours. Then I got ready and went to town.

First stop was the Dentist... Gave them a nice chunk of change. Sigh.

Then the gas station... Filled up the Edge. Sigh.

Then Target... Ate the holiday meal with my fellow Team Members. Then I shopped... Most of what I got was groceries, with a few last minute gift cards thrown in. I am officially DONE SHOPPING... I hope. There's always that one last person, when you are on the way to an event, you remember that you forgot to get them a gift.

Then... The pharmacy, the liquor store and the grocery store (all one place)...

Then... Home to unload.

Then... To the Vet for MM food.

Then... To the Meat Market for meat for Christmas weekend.

Then... Home to nap... Which never happened.

Then... Dinner (chicken breast sandwiches and tater-tots)

Then... Watched part of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation on ABC Family, and part of Santa Clause... Doing a bit of napping in between.

Then... Medicine for my cold.

Then... Bed.

Fun, eh?

This morning.... I will be bracing my sewing room door closed with my ironing board, and finishing up V's gift. I also hope to work on a gift for my MIL - but I don't think that's going to happen... And we have enough for her anyways, I don't think it matters if I get to it, or not?

No plans, as of yet, for this afternoon or evening. I am going to try to toss a nap in there somewhere though.

I hope you all have a wonderful pre-Holiday weekend, and a Merry Christmas to those of you celebrating. :grouphug:

D~

Many of the school systems hear in southeast Michigan were closed Thursday and Friday because of various threats to the students. How very sad that the crazies in our world are using a tragedy to create all these problems. Hopefully when the kids go back to school after the holidays most of the threats will be in the past. I can't imagine how those of you with young kids are coping with all of this!
This Ruth is wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season. You are a group of special people! Ruth

Oh going to the dentist while battling a cold...sounds like fun!
Hope you get some time to rest over the next couple of days. Feel better!

The GOTY for 2013 is named Saige... She is from New Mexico. Some of the items she will have in her collection are a dog, and art easel, a white horse with speckles and saddle, her big item is a hot air balloon. Saige has a very pretty wig that is red (but not quite as red as Felicity's), longer wavy hair. She is a very pretty doll. I think most of her outfits are cute... There's a couple that I don't like that much - but my girls would probably love. I have seen pictures of all of her items, but I don't think they have been officially released by AG yet. So, maybe that will help you with your decision?

Thanks sooooo much for posting this info!! Ever since you did I've been looking and looking for pictures! I'm so excited about the Hot Air Balloon (I crew with a balloon team on weekends) and it looks so cute! I'm sure it will be pricey though :crazy2: I would have probably missed this if you hadn't said anything!

Thanks!

Jennifer

Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday! I'm done with my shopping too, just have a few gifts left to wrap for DH and the doggies. I'll probably do that tomorrow.

I spent my Saturday volunteering at the local shelter as usual. We had a big drive to get lots of animals out since they will be closed Sunday through Wednesday for Christmas. They do go in and clean and feed of course but the animals don't get any attention. I'm happy to say that we adopted out 17 animals today! 6 cats and 11 dogs. :cool1:

Many of the school systems hear in southeast Michigan were closed Thursday and Friday because of various threats to the students. How very sad that the crazies in our world are using a tragedy to create all these problems. Hopefully when the kids go back to school after the holidays most of the threats will be in the past. I can't imagine how those of you with young kids are coping with all of this!
This Ruth is wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season. You are a group of special people! Ruth

I agree Ruth - I am so tired of all this madness.

Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season, as well.

Oh going to the dentist while battling a cold...sounds like fun!
Hope you get some time to rest over the next couple of days. Feel better!

Thanks! I did get some rest yesterday, but as of now, it doesn't seem to have helped any. :confused3

Thanks sooooo much for posting this info!! Ever since you did I've been looking and looking for pictures! I'm so excited about the Hot Air Balloon (I crew with a balloon team on weekends) and it looks so cute! I'm sure it will be pricey though :crazy2: I would have probably missed this if you hadn't said anything!

Thanks!

Jennifer

Were you able to find pictures? I know the album I saw was not a public album, they may have been released publically by now though.

Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday! I'm done with my shopping too, just have a few gifts left to wrap for DH and the doggies. I'll probably do that tomorrow.

I spent my Saturday volunteering at the local shelter as usual. We had a big drive to get lots of animals out since they will be closed Sunday through Wednesday for Christmas. They do go in and clean and feed of course but the animals don't get any attention. I'm happy to say that we adopted out 17 animals today! 6 cats and 11 dogs. :cool1:

So glad to hear that so many animals were adopted out in time for the holidays - what a wonderful gift to them to have a family to love them.

Yesterday was crazy... :scared:

First of all, Josh's dad and step-mom rolled in to town the night before. They made the whole drive from Missourri in one day. :crazy2: Since they live so far away now, we like to spend as much time with them, while they are here, as we can.

So, I started my day off in my sewing room. I put my ironing board up against my door to brace it closed, and I finished V's Christmas gift. It turned out really nice - and I am very happy with it. I hope she likes it too. Sorry, I did not take any pictures. I will post pictures after she gets it.

Josh and Alli went up to the duplex to install a new washer for one of the renters... Then he called to say that his dad and step-mom were coming for dinner... Thankfully it was lasagna on the menu, and I didn't have to edit what we were having.

It was a mad dash to tidy up my neglected house to make it presentable to guests... Especially since I haven't had an ounce of time to clean because I've been trying to finish up Christmas gifts.

We took a break & went to our neighbor's for an "appetizer lunch" and to open the gifts we gave eachother. Lots of fun - they are both such good friends of ours.

When we got home, I claimed the house "good enough"... :scratchin And decided to take a nap instead.

Josh's dad and Step-Mom came for dinner... With them, they brought our Anniversary gift - which was more a family gift... They gave us an illuminated family bible. Just a beautiful, meaningful and thoughtful gift. One we will treasure forever.

We had a wonderful dinner... After, the girls, Grandma and I sat down to watch Miracle on 34th Street... Which ended up being more of a playing with MM time. LOL

I went to bed early... I don't even remember Josh coming up.

I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday weekend.

D~

Wow, got so far behind again. Like everyone else, I've been juggling lots of balls. But first let me say how adorable the Remy bag is!! Love it! And then, the camera bag. You've got to be kidding me. You are amazing!!!! :cheer2:

As far as the AG dolls, I love that you and your girls enjoy them and have such a bonding experience with them. Also, it's great that you are teaching your girls the value of staying young at heart...way to go, Mom!!:yay: I never paid much attention to them, but wish I had. I love them now, but can't really afford to buy them for the granddaughters since I have four of them and I can't ever stop at one of anything. But thanks for sharing your lovely collection.

I love the idea of an ugly sweater day and I think you are absolutely correct in thinking they want to wear them and this is a good excuse. I have a couple of ugly sweaters I could donate to the cause for next year, but they would probably be too big for your girls, who, btw, are so adorable! What great pics of the two of them together!

We got a little snow. Maybe 2 inches. I was hoping for a little more, but this is better than nothing. Glad you did okay with driving to and from work. I had to go out in it also, but had no problems. We don't get the drifting you get, which really helps.

Our son who lives in Florida arrived on Friday and later that evening our son and DIL who live 2 1/2 hours away arrived. We will celebrate Christmas today with them as son and DIL have to go back to Toledo late this afternoon. Other son will be here until New Years day. Then we will leave for Virginia to have Christmas with our 2 daughters and their families on Jan 4. I'm really looking forward to that. Christmas with the grandkids is just so magical!

So sorry you're not feeling well. It's the pits to be sick when you have so much to do and people visiting. I know what you mean about the man voice. That's the first sign for me that I'm getting sick. I sound like my DH! Hope you get better really soon and enjoy your Christmas party today!

I have not gotten to sew at all since our boys have been here, but will get back to it later today. I'm at the point where I'm doing the lining on the Rapunzel dress. The hard part of applying the trim and putting in the zipper is done. It's looking pretty good. I found the most adorable little play shoes that are the same color as the dress and have little heels. She's going to love them!

Well, this will probably be it before Christmas, so I'd like to wish you and your family and everyone else on this thread a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter