Aug 12-19.2013 Mickey's Mouseketeers -Alaska Cruise

My vacation showed up on the work schedule that came out this weekend and we received our DCL package in the mail yesterday. Just few short weeks to go!

Is anyone else having trouble packing? I must have packed and repacked five times already, and I'm beginning to panic! I've looked online for all the packing tips that I can find, but I still can't seem to tame my bulging suitcase. Tomorrow I vow I'll cut at least a third of the things out of the mix and hope for the best. I tend to overkill. I take a big suitcase for a weekend trip. Packing shouldn't be this difficult!

Karen

Got our cruise documents today too! Makes it all seem so real. I also talked to the TA about booking our next cruise while onboard. Not sure how all that worked. If I would have booked this cruise last year when we were on the Fantasy I would have saved 10% on this one! Definitely booking one while onboard this time.

Is anyone else having trouble packing? I must have packed and repacked five times already, and I'm beginning to panic! I've looked online for all the packing tips that I can find, but I still can't seem to tame my bulging suitcase. Tomorrow I vow I'll cut at least a third of the things out of the mix and hope for the best. I tend to overkill. I take a big suitcase for a weekend trip. Packing shouldn't be this difficult!

Karen

Are you packing already? When do you leave? I can't even think about packing yet. We leave 30 days from tomorrow. Lots still to do on this end!

Hi there! I'm waiting for my cruise documents, I hope they will arrive soon! 30 days from tomorrow; I'm so excited! And a little bit scared too, I must admit. We have so much to do until the trip !

Are you packing already? When do you leave? I can't even think about packing yet. We leave 30 days from tomorrow. Lots still to do on this end!

Yes, I'm packing already.... I'm restricted to one suitcase, so I'm stressing about how to get everything that I need in it, NOT everything I own!

We're leaving three weeks from today to drive down to my daughter's house. Three weeks from tomorrow we fly to Seattle, and then on to Anchorage to pick up our Princess cruise on August 3. It gets into Vancouver on the 10th, in plenty of time to gear up for the Wonder on the 12th.

I've resigned myself to bringing about half of what I'd like to bring, and packing more laundry detergent pods instead. Our room on the Princess Sapphire is near a laundry room, so we can easily do it at night, or early in the morning, and keep track of it without having to sit in the laundry room, or having a long walk back and forth to check on it. Someone suggested having an early breakfast delivered to the room and doing it in the morning. Sounds like a plan :).

Karen

Our FE list is officially closed! Boy, do I have a lot of work to do!!

Victoria

Mine are all done and packaged. Happy to have that out of the way. Now on to magnets and T Shirts but I took a bad fall the other day and have been stuck on bedrest.

There is so much work to do left for me! Today is an holliday in France, so I'll work on my Fish Extendre Gifts. For magnets, I always have a lot of them from my first DCL bu I would like something with my aunt name and with the wonder. Have a great day!

I wanted to make magnets. Even have a couple graphics ready. Don't think I will get around to it. We have to go to Michigan for a few days for a wedding between now and Aug 10th. My daughter has to have oral surgery and my son has an endoscopy. Just too much to do. Can't wait for the cruise so we can all just relax.

Victoria

Please, take care of you and you're familly, the hollidays will be here soon and I'm sure you will have a blast! Best toughts from France .

4, yes count them, 4 weeks from today we set sail. I can hardly wait although I am still down after taking a fall last Thursday. Need to get better so I can have some fun on the ship. Hope everyone is getting excited!!!!

Does anyone know anything about the Pixar Pals party? According to the email its the gathering that's taking the place of the usual Pirates IN the Caribbean party. We used to dress up for the latter. Is there a similar dress up for the former?

I've heard that some people used to dress up, but I don't know for myself because I don't have any costume pixar themed!

I'm also a little bit anxious about what to pack... I tought the weather would be chilly but I read that these last days, it was very warm... So I don't know what to do...

I've heard that some people used to dress up, but I don't know for myself because I don't have any costume pixar themed!

I'm also a little bit anxious about what to pack... I tought the weather would be chilly but I read that these last days, it was very warm... So I don't know what to do...

I know I have been watching the weather too and it has been all over the place. I am wearing capris on the airplane and then in Seattle and the day we travel to Vancouver. That way I will have 3 pairs that if it is hot on the ship I can launder and wear and then taking jeans - that way I am covered. I am taking a light jacket. Never needing a heavy one on our last 4 cruises to Alaska. Hope that works out

I know I have been watching the weather too and it has been all over the place. I am wearing capris on the airplane and then in Seattle and the day we travel to Vancouver. That way I will have 3 pairs that if it is hot on the ship I can launder and wear and then taking jeans - that way I am covered. I am taking a light jacket. Never needing a heavy one on our last 4 cruises to Alaska. Hope that works out

I am planning to bring a couple pairs of capris and a couple pairs of long pants. I have long and short-sleeved tops to wear, a hooded sweatshirt, and an anorak jacket as a windbreaker.... along with a warm hat, neck warmer, and gloves.

I'm hoping that laundry onboard won't be a problem. I was reading on the Princess boards (we're cruising for 7 days prior to the Disney cruise) that the laundry rooms are closed most of the Alaska voyage because of environmental rules about discharging treated gray water :confused3. I suppose it depends on the size of the ship's holding tank. Haven't read anything about the laundry rooms being closed on Disney ships.

Karen

Thanks for the map! Appreciate the work in that.

For those of you who have sailed Alaska before, do you think we should bring our mitts and toques for dogsledding? We have everything from light gloves and toques to heavy duty -40 stuff... I assume we may need at least the light set... then I am thinking a spring/fall jacket lined with fleece should work for jackets - or a hoodie with a rainjacket over it??

Since we are driving and taking a week to get to the cruise, we are packing two seperate sets of luggage - one with summer gear for the beaches, etc that we will experience in BC and then cruise wear... warmer fall type stuff I would think.

When you say the weather has been warm up there, what does warm mean?

Carole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter