Attack of the 5 pound lapu lapu.....I LOVE IT!!!!! Updated 1/20 Photopass pics

lapu lapu question, is the top something that yo ucan take off the drink, and eat some of hte pinapple when you are done, or is there no pinapple to eat.

Oh Heather I am so glad I found your report :goodvibes

You may not remember me but I joined your PTR like years ago (well it wasn't actually years but it feels like it), but I was a very bad girl and lost track. You see up till recently I didn't quite get the whole subscription thing and I kind of lost track of quite a few threads I was following. Put it down to being blonde :lmao:.
Anyway I am home alone tonight and thought I would check out the trip report page and found this... I'm so glad. I loved your PTR when I was following it, I remember some funny conversations including one about Holly wanting you to have a baby and call it Hannah Montana :lmao:. And how we though Holly and my little sister Hannah, who has an equally funny sense of humor, would get along great. Oh and I have just noticed you come from Georgia, that is so cool. My family and I visited Pigeon Forge for my Mum's 50th in the summer and we flew in to and out of Atlanta. We spent 3 nights there and absolutely loved it. In fact we loved the south, everyone was just so warm and friendly, we all quite fancied moving there :)

Since I lost track of your PTR I would love to know what happened to your October trip, and how this trip came about. Its great you and Chad were able to have an adults vacation together and that Holly didn't mind, I hope I am able to still do that when I have babies :goodvibes.

Ok back to your report, I am loving it so far. Its so great that you are just able to drive down to Disney, it makes life so much easier. I would love to be able to do that, and think of all the souvenirs I could buy without worrying about suitcase space and luggage restrictions :cutie:. And I totally understand about your intuition of knowing the way. I don't really know Orlando that well (and have never driven there), but the first time we went and stayed in ASMo we used to go to Ponderosa for breakfast, and particularly liked a specific one we went to twice (there are millions as you probably know). Fast forward 18 months and were staying in POR yet I was able to navigate us back to the same Ponderosa. Everyone else was shocked but when it comes to Disney or food I just have this ability :lmao:.
Its great to hear about someone staying in ASMo, we stayed there the first time and loved it. Its just got such a great atmosphere there. And Holly must love, I know Sophie did :lovestruc.

Ok now to the main event, and your definitely a girl after my own heart. Those Lapu lupa's are good aren't they? And I just love the Tambu lounge, its so tropical. We are lucky enough to call it our local for 7 nights on our next visit... that means lots of those lovely cocktails :cheer2:
I'm glad you got to see the Polynesian show, its great isn't it? I could have put your mind to rest about the weather situation though, we went throug that too. We were there in hurricane season and on my 21st we had Discovery Cove and the luau planned. Luckily all day the weather was great but for the last 30 minutes at DC it got greyer and greyer until by the time we were in the car heading to the Poly it was absolutely tipping down. I mean torrential rain, thunder, lightening the lot. We were so worried the show would be cancelled but luckily it went on, rain and all. The only difference was that they kept the dancing back on the stage rather than coming forward to the ground bit.

Anyway I think I have babbled on enough now. I should have warned you to get a cup of tea and some biscuits ready before you started reading. But I am here for the ride now and can't wait to hear more :hug:

Oh and BTW I love your vest top, its really nice. You look lovely in the pics.

I'm so jealous of all your yummy drinks!!! I can't wait to try me some Lapu!! We have a lunch ADR at Kona on 1/4, I'll definitely be ordering one up!! That lady on the TV totally looks lie she'strying to snag some of your Lapu!!! Too funny!!

I didn't care for that volcano dessert either. Don't hate me...I mean this in the sweetest way possible ~ I now know how Hollie will look when she becomes and older lady. :rotfl2: My goodness....Chad looks so much like his mama and well, Hollie is Chads twin so she will have Granny's face one day. Even if she's a meanie sometime she is a pretty woman so this is totally a compliment to little Hollie. :hug: All three of them have the same eyes and big smile.

Now onto the drink. That thing looks delish! How much is it? I'm on a tight budget in December but man oh man that looks good! I LOVE me some pineapple and liquor too....win WIN! What is in it? And yes the TV chick looks like she's about to grab it from you. :rotfl2:

I'll email you our "plans" for around the World at Epcot. This is not an appropiate place to post them. :lmao:

It was so squishy!!!!
Well, his mom used to be prettier. She has had so much, ahem, work done...if you catch my drift!! lol!!!!

That thing was sooooooo good!! It was $12.95. I love pineapple so it was a hit with me! I forgot to ask for a spoon to eat the pineapple out of it. So, I used my straw!! :lmao:

Oooooh, email me your plans please!!

Mmmmm, I totally want a Lapu Lapu right now! It looks DELISH! :love:

Girl, it was sooooo good!!

Yup, we didn't get into the volcano desert either.
I believe I orded another Pina Colada instead.
That is what I should have done!!! :thumbsup2

Hopping aboard! Great fun so far.

And I love me some lapu lapu but one of those practically puts me on the FLOOR! YOU GO GIRL!!!

Thank you!! I could have drank about 3 more, but I was feeling a little loopy, especially after the tropical macaw!!:rotfl:

Your pictures are great! MIL looks very happy :laughing: in her pics, must be the martini's. The treats from Goofy's look yummy as does that Lapu Lapu from Poly.

Thanks!! Oh, she was happy alright!! Martini's make her a nice person!!
Those treats were soo good!!

:yay: on them being 7 rooms away. I'm sure you love your inlaws but still too much togetherness is sometimes not a good thing. Hey even I didn't want to stay at the same resort as my brother and his kids last year. Glad to hear ASMo is fun. I might have to keep it in mind for a quick trip for Thomas's Bday ;) this year or next. What is up with photobucket! my pictures are not even in order and I'm having to scroll through 600 pictures to find the right ones for each update :headache: .

It was so nice being that far away!!!:rotfl2: I can stand them for a little bit, but after that.......:mad:

Photobucket is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lapu lapus rule!!!!!!!!! i can't wait to get mine in 21 days! :woohoo:

i'm a texture-based eater too, so i probably wouldn't like that dessert. i don't eat beans because they feel like mushy, wet sand in my mouth. everyone thinks i'm crazy but textures just make or break it for me.

Awww, lucky!!!!! That thing was so good. I forgot to ask for a spoon, so I used my straw. That poor thing was all bent up!!:lmao:

Yeah, I am texture based and can't eat a lot of things because of that! Blech!!

Oh that looks so yummy.:goodvibes
I was going to say that lady in the TV looks like a ghost!:scared1:

Oh it sure was!!!!! She did!!! I didn't even notice her till later when we were looking at the pics!

lapu lapu question, is the top something that yo ucan take off the drink, and eat some of hte pinapple when you are done, or is there no pinapple to eat.
Yes, you can take the top off and you should ask for a spoon. I forgot so I had to use my straw since the place got so busy. My poor straw was so bent.....:thumbsup2

You may not remember me but I joined your PTR like years ago (well it wasn't actually years but it feels like it), but I was a very bad girl and lost track. You see up till recently I didn't quite get the whole subscription thing and I kind of lost track of quite a few threads I was following. Put it down to being blonde :lmao:.
Anyway I am home alone tonight and thought I would check out the trip report page and found this... I'm so glad. I loved your PTR when I was following it, I remember some funny conversations including one about Holly wanting you to have a baby and call it Hannah Montana :lmao:. And how we though Holly and my little sister Hannah, who has an equally funny sense of humor, would get along great. Oh and I have just noticed you come from Georgia, that is so cool. My family and I visited Pigeon Forge for my Mum's 50th in the summer and we flew in to and out of Atlanta. We spent 3 nights there and absolutely loved it. In fact we loved the south, everyone was just so warm and friendly, we all quite fancied moving there :)

Since I lost track of your PTR I would love to know what happened to your October trip, and how this trip came about. Its great you and Chad were able to have an adults vacation together and that Holly didn't mind, I hope I am able to still do that when I have babies :goodvibes.

Ok back to your report, I am loving it so far. Its so great that you are just able to drive down to Disney, it makes life so much easier. I would love to be able to do that, and think of all the souvenirs I could buy without worrying about suitcase space and luggage restrictions :cutie:. And I totally understand about your intuition of knowing the way. I don't really know Orlando that well (and have never driven there), but the first time we went and stayed in ASMo we used to go to Ponderosa for breakfast, and particularly liked a specific one we went to twice (there are millions as you probably know). Fast forward 18 months and were staying in POR yet I was able to navigate us back to the same Ponderosa. Everyone else was shocked but when it comes to Disney or food I just have this ability :lmao:.
Its great to hear about someone staying in ASMo, we stayed there the first time and loved it. Its just got such a great atmosphere there. And Holly must love, I know Sophie did :lovestruc.

Ok now to the main event, and your definitely a girl after my own heart. Those Lapu lupa's are good aren't they? And I just love the Tambu lounge, its so tropical. We are lucky enough to call it our local for 7 nights on our next visit... that means lots of those lovely cocktails :cheer2:
I'm glad you got to see the Polynesian show, its great isn't it? I could have put your mind to rest about the weather situation though, we went throug that too. We were there in hurricane season and on my 21st we had Discovery Cove and the luau planned. Luckily all day the weather was great but for the last 30 minutes at DC it got greyer and greyer until by the time we were in the car heading to the Poly it was absolutely tipping down. I mean torrential rain, thunder, lightening the lot. We were so worried the show would be cancelled but luckily it went on, rain and all. The only difference was that they kept the dancing back on the stage rather than coming forward to the ground bit.

Anyway I think I have babbled on enough now. I should have warned you to get a cup of tea and some biscuits ready before you started reading. But I am here for the ride now and can't wait to hear more :hug:

Oh and BTW I love your vest top, its really nice. You look lovely in the pics.

Hey girl!!! I am so glad your back!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for all your kind comments!
I was so glad it finally quit raining!! I was so scared they were going to cancel the luau. I love the polynesian resort! I stayed there in 94 and it was so beautiful! It is my fav out of all the resorts since I love all things Islandy....I made up a word!!:rotfl2:

I'm so jealous of all your yummy drinks!!! I can't wait to try me some Lapu!! We have a lunch ADR at Kona on 1/4, I'll definitely be ordering one up!! That lady on the TV totally looks lie she'strying to snag some of your Lapu!!! Too funny!!

Just wait till you see all my other drinks..;)

It really did look like she was trying to steal it!!:lmao:

Hey girl!!! I am so glad your back!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for all your kind comments!
I was so glad it finally quit raining!! I was so scared they were going to cancel the luau. I love the polynesian resort! I stayed there in 94 and it was so beautiful! It is my fav out of all the resorts since I love all things Islandy....I made up a word!!:rotfl2:

Its beautiful isn't it. We have booked to stay there for 7 nights on our next trip. I cannot wait, I am so, so excited :dance3:

This trip was originally before our October trip. Well, his mom decided she only wanted us to go without Hollie. So, Chad and I planned the October trip and we were going to take my mom with us.
Well, she couldn't get off of work since she is retiring next year. So, we rescheduled the October trip until February. Whew....that was a mouthfull!! :lmao:

Its beautiful isn't it. We have booked to stay there for 7 nights on our next trip. I cannot wait, I am so, so excited :dance3:

Awww, lucky!!! I want to go and stay there for our 10 year anniversary maybe in the next couple of years. I just love anything to do with the islands. That place is gorgeous!!!!!
You will have to do a TR so I can look at all your beautiful pics!!

This trip was originally before our October trip. Well, his mom decided she only wanted us to go without Hollie. So, Chad and I planned the October trip and we were going to take my mom with us.
Well, she couldn't get off of work since she is retiring next year. So, we rescheduled the October trip until February. Whew....that was a mouthfull!! :lmao:

Ah got you. So when this trippie has finished I will have your February one to look forward too :thumbsup2

Awww, lucky!!! I want to go and stay there for our 10 year anniversary maybe in the next couple of years. I just love anything to do with the islands. That place is gorgeous!!!!!
You will have to do a TR so I can look at all your beautiful pics!!

I have already started a PTR, I couldn't wait I was just too excited :cheer2:

I laughed at the back scratcher sticking out of your dh's drink! I'm not sure I could drink something with that in it!

I'm excited to hear how things go with the in laws. I'm taking my mil in feb....

Do you think the luau is worth the $? I've been thinking of doing it.

Ah got you. So when this trippie has finished I will have your February one to look forward too :thumbsup2

I have already started a PTR, I couldn't wait I was just too excited :cheer2:

Yes!! I am really excited about our February trip. Hollie loves Disney!!!! She will finally meet her fav this time....Ariel!!

I just went and joined it!!!:goodvibes

I never knew you were such a bath girl. Did you go to Basin and get some products?

So glad you didn't get rained out. :) That would have been awful. You guys all look like you are enjoying the many cocktails. Even MIL. ;) Everyone raves about the Lapu Lapu, I must try it. I am a true fan of the tropics and the fact its in a pineapple...too perfect. I bet it tastes fabulous!! On my last trip I almost got the Back Scratcher. We got called to dinner just as I was going to order it.

Are you sad to be back at work? :hug:

I laughed too at Chad's BIG backscratcher sticking out of his drink!:rotfl: He's lucky he didn't pierce his head with that bad boy.
Maybe you should offer DMIL some martini's often. (not that I'm encouraging drinking) maybe there is just something like it that's less harmful :confused3 :confused3 I'm just sayin...
Looks like you guys had a great time at the luau(?) Can't spell that word even though I lived there for 3 years, dangit.
I'm with you on the texture thing. I have a hard time even eating yogurt. I get half way through and I'm ready to gag. BLAH!

Is there a menu for drinks posted anywhere? All I could find is food.

oops nevermind found some right here.

I laughed at the back scratcher sticking out of your dh's drink! I'm not sure I could drink something with that in it!

I'm excited to hear how things go with the in laws. I'm taking my mil in feb....

Do you think the luau is worth the $? I've been thinking of doing it.

:rotfl2: He loved that drink!!!! He likes Jack Daniels, so it was a go for him! Whenever anything is in my drink, I have to take whatever it is out!!! :rotfl:

Well...we have done the luau about 6 times. This was our first time going to it after the change in the show. I really like the food and the atmosphere. So, I would say at least go one time to see if you like it or not. I personally think its worth it and so does Chad. Its a little expensive and its as close to Hawaii as Chad will go...:rolleyes1

I never knew you were such a bath girl. Did you go to Basin and get some products?

So glad you didn't get rained out. :) That would have been awful. You guys all look like you are enjoying the many cocktails. Even MIL. ;) Everyone raves about the Lapu Lapu, I must try it. I am a true fan of the tropics and the fact its in a pineapple...too perfect. I bet it tastes fabulous!! On my last trip I almost got the Back Scratcher. We got called to dinner just as I was going to order it.

Are you sad to be back at work? :hug:

Yes!! I do take showers every other day so I can wash my hair, but as soon as I wash my hair, I immediately turn the shower off and turn on the bath!! I am constantly looking over the curtain afraid I am about to get whacked!!:lmao: I didn't get to go to Basin..:sad2:
You have to, have to, have to try the lapu lapu! it was so good!!!

I am hating it being back at work! I was actually off today because it was Hollie's Thanksgiving Brunch at school......and we went!! Whoo hooo! I wrote the correct day on my calendar!!

Yes!! I am really excited about our February trip. Hollie loves Disney!!!! She will finally meet her fav this time....Ariel!!

I just went and joined it!!!:goodvibes

Hollie's a girl after my own heart. Ariel is my favorite too and I have still yet to meet her. Can't wait to see pics of Hollie meeting her :goodvibes

I laughed too at Chad's BIG backscratcher sticking out of his drink!:rotfl: He's lucky he didn't pierce his head with that bad boy.
Maybe you should offer DMIL some martini's often. (not that I'm encouraging drinking) maybe there is just something like it that's less harmful :confused3 :confused3 I'm just sayin...
Looks like you guys had a great time at the luau(?) Can't spell that word even though I lived there for 3 years, dangit.
I'm with you on the texture thing. I have a hard time even eating yogurt. I get half way through and I'm ready to gag. BLAH!

We still have that thing! We had to put it in our luggage!:lmao:
Hmmm, I might start doing that. Or crushing up some prozac and putting it in her food.....:rolleyes1
No way, you lived in Hawaii?? I am jealous!

Is there a menu for drinks posted anywhere? All I could find is food.

oops nevermind found some right here.

Lol!! I have found several menus!

Hollie's a girl after my own heart. Ariel is my favorite too and I have still yet to meet her. Can't wait to see pics of Hollie meeting her :goodvibes

Awww, she loves Ariel!! We got our pic with her in 2000, but that was the last time. I am really anxious to see her again!

Hollie said that when she see's her, she is going to ask her where is Melody??
:rotfl2:

Awww, she loves Ariel!! We got our pic with her in 2000, but that was the last time. I am really anxious to see her again!

Hollie said that when she see's her, she is going to ask her where is Melody??
:rotfl2:

I cant wait to hear what she says to that :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter