Ashley Madison an auspicous day

Not one person in that "rehab centre" they say Josh is going to has any professional training. Most of the staff listed are recovered addicts who have been through the program and then hired to work there. I do think that kind of peer support can be helpful to people recovering from addictions, but you need professionals who actually know how to deal with these situations (other than prayer)!! There is NO data on the site at all about their success rates, the percentage of people who relapse, or anything like that.

Not one person in that "rehab centre" they say Josh is going to has any professional training. Most of the staff listed are recovered addicts who have been through the program and then hired to work there. I do think that kind of peer support can be helpful to people recovering from addictions, but you need professionals who actually know how to deal with these situations (other than prayer)!! There is NO data on the site at all about their success rates, the percentage of people who relapse, or anything like that.

I think you're just supposed to have faith that it will work.

The organizations publishing the hacked information are no different than fencing operations that deal in stolen goods. This act of terrorism should be punished not celebrated. If none of this information was made easily searchable or published by news organizations, these terrorist hacking organizations would stop as there would be no attention. The vast majority of people do not surf with TOR or spend time in the Deep/Dark Web. I am not supporting cheating, but what if this was medical records of everyone with an STD or music listening records of anyone who had downloaded or streamed Nickelback?

I'd sooner admit to being on Ashly Madison before I'd admit to downloading Nickleback!

Nope, because I knew he wasn't on there.

I am not snarking on you at all when I say this, but I have a strong feeling that a VERY large percentage of spouses of those leaked probably thought the same thing.

I guess I've just seen enough people who have been 100%, completely blindsided by MANY actions of their spouse - ones they would have literally sworn on their child's life wouldn't happen...and it did.

I'm happy for you that you trust with 100% certainty that your husband isn't on this leak/hack - but I have a feeling that there is eventually going to be this type of leak for just about any facet that is considered "juicy" enough to bring down any group of people.

Personal topics that come to mind:
HIV
Adoptions
STD's
Abortions
Paternity tests
Any medically prescribed drugs - anxiety/depression/etc.
Credit report debt amounts

The list goes on...none of these are anyone's business whatsoever, but boy would people have a field day knowing some of those things about others.

I am figuring that Miss Anna is going to be living with Michelle & JimBob now. They probably want to keep a close eye on her.

I am not snarking on you at all when I say this, but I have a strong feeling that a VERY large percentage of spouses of those leaked probably thought the same thing.

I guess I've just seen enough people who have been 100%, completely blindsided by MANY actions of their spouse - ones they would have literally sworn on their child's life wouldn't happen...and it did.

I don't buy that most people have no clue and are truly blindsided. Everyone I know who says they were "blind sided", which in our experience is a very small number of people we know whose spouse was having an affair, after the fact say there was something off, or they were suspicious of something. We have been married 34 years and the #1 rule in our marriage is that we discuss nothing about our relationship with anyone else as it's no one else's business. Most affairs start because one partner shares their relationship issues with someone of the opposite sex and honestly, that's being unfaithful and that's how DH and I look at it. Honestly, I can tell you my DH is an open book, but I also know anyone can fall, but as DH says, you never put yourself in that situation. That's what gets me about the thread about men and women being friends. It's putting people in situations where they can fail, doesn't mean they will, but they can. The idea of AM, is as I said above, takes forethought and planning and is deciding to be completely deceitful and I don't believe anyone who is on that site has such a perfect marriage that their spouse isn't just a little suspicious of them in some way. Saying you were completely blindsided plays to your audience, but that doesn't mean it's true.

So sad that Anna is going to stick by Josh. Basically he can do what he wants and know that she will never leave him.

I don't get how people are jumping to conclusions about how Anna Duggar is going to handle this. I've read a few of the linked articles and they are all along the lines of what people think she will do based on her upbringing and religion. I haven't read a single statement from her. I think the poor woman is in shock. She just found out that her husband and the father of her four children has been cheating on her. She probably has no money of her own and is not equipped to go out and get a job to support herself. What is she supposed to do? I feel very sorry for this young woman and hope those around her allow her to make up her own mind about how to handles this.

I hope Josh goes to a real treatment center with medical professional that can get him hte help he so needs. If he hopes to get better.

I don't get how people are jumping to conclusions about how Anna Duggar is going to handle this. I've read a few of the linked articles and they are all along the lines of what people think she will do based on her upbringing and religion. I haven't read a single statement from her. I think the poor woman is in shock. She just found out that her husband and the father of her four children has been cheating on her. She probably has no money of her own and is not equipped to go out and get a job to support herself. What is she supposed to do? I feel very sorry for this young woman and hope those around her allow her to make up her own mind about how to handles this.

We are jumping to conclusions because in "their world" women are not really allowed to think for themselves. They are pretty much told what to do and they do it.
I feel for her, I truly do. And the fact that the probability of her being able to make the decision that fits her best is pretty much nil, I can only wonder how she will end up dealing with the situation. I totally agree that she needs to be with HER immediate family, NOT her in-laws. However, I would bet money that she will be with the Duggars rather than the Kellers. I feel that her long-term decisions on what to do in this instance will greatly be determined by whether she is with her family or in-laws.

Her parents and inlaws are telling her divorce is not an option. Her parents are stricter in their beliefs than the Duggars. You think a kid of theirs is going to be allowed to divorce her husband?

I smell a new reality show...'Should I stay or should I go'
It will be an instant hit for those missing the Duggars on TV.

I'm happy for you that you trust with 100% certainty that your husband isn't on this leak/hack - but I have a feeling that there is eventually going to be this type of leak for just about any facet that is considered "juicy" enough to bring down any group of people.

Personal topics that come to mind:
HIV
Adoptions
STD's
Abortions
Paternity tests
Any medically prescribed drugs - anxiety/depression/etc.
Credit report debt amounts

The list goes on...none of these are anyone's business whatsoever, but boy would people have a field day knowing some of those things about others.

I realize I'm probably being over sensitive, but... adoptions? It's 2015. Adoptions aren't some deep dark family secret anymore. And I also can't think of a communal source that would be hacked to tell you that someone is adopted. I guess maybe immigration records for international adoptees or maybe someone could do a ton of research and compare hospital admission records with birth certificate records, but that's going far beyond a hack. It just seems like a weird thing to include on the list of things you wouldn't want people to know about you.

At least the Sister Wife family sends their kids to college. Anna has been secluded from the non Duggar world her entire life. It's the only thing she knows. You get married young and have babies and be subservient to your man. You don't rock the boat. Josh will get "healed" and everyone will pray for HIS wellness and recovery. Anna will go on to have more children. The end.

I realize I'm probably being over sensitive, but... adoptions? It's 2015. Adoptions aren't some deep dark family secret anymore. And I also can't think of a communal source that would be hacked to tell you that someone is adopted. I guess maybe immigration records for international adoptees or maybe someone could do a ton of research and compare hospital admission records with birth certificate records, but that's going far beyond a hack. It just seems like a weird thing to include on the list of things you wouldn't want people to know about you.

Maybe they meant adoptions where the sister or aunt is really the mother etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter