As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

I am itching to change to the Poly...GV CL or a LV Studio...just not sure if they will have started construction on the East pool by the end of May then or not and if so, just how bad it will be already...

:rotfl:

Well, even though BC CL wasn't our favorite, I could be persuaded by that new lounge and those new rooms. :goodvibes

Same here! I was persuaded by the far lower price, the new rooms and new lounge. I could completely justify an extra $200 for CL (yay Pas for the help!) but not on top of the holiday weekend CR prices. In the end, I'm concerned I'd be too focused on whether it was worth it to really enjoy. And the Epcot CS options are more familiar to me, so I feel more prepared to venture out in the CS world there!

I have a few questions about room requests. Is it better to speak to someone at Disney on the phone and have them make a note on my reservation, rather than do a room request during online check in? Does it make a difference. If I do speak to someone and have it noted in my reservation is it wise to make a request on online check in since it was noted before? And one more (I think lol) Does the date you make your request or do online check in make a difference in getting your request?

For room requests, if it's really important to us, I'll both call and note the request during on-line check-in. Otherwise, I just check the relevant box in the request section during on-line check-in. I'm not sure that the date of the request matters, although some have reported that the room assignors work on the "puzzle" of room assignments 5 days in advance of arrivals to see who can fit where based on check-ins and check-outs, length of stays, etc. So I always get my requests in at least 5 days before arrival, but I'm not sure it matters how far in advance I call (or, if staying club level, e-mail IPO.)

I am itching to change to the Poly...GV CL or a LV Studio...just not sure if they will have started construction on the East pool by the end of May then or not and if so, just how bad it will be already...

I believe Tikiman said he expected the east pool to be under construction as soon as main pool is done, but don't quote me on that.

So I went out to lunch with DH and got Polynesian sauce for dipping.....I smiled. Then I saw the letter about the quiet pool construction mid April...I am glad to be at BC :)

So I went out to lunch with DH and got Polynesian sauce for dipping.....I smiled. Then I saw the letter about the quiet pool construction mid April...I am glad to be at BC :)

This is why I'm not pushing the CL part with DH…But I think a Poly stay might still be nice with the new pool area open. :-) May give it a few days after people get their emails and want to switch resorts…Then see if a room's available with the old discount (extra 5% off I believe than what's being offered now). Or go through Orbitz...

This is why I'm not pushing the CL part with DH…But I think a Poly stay might still be nice with the new pool area open. :-) May give it a few days after people get their emails and want to switch resorts…Then see if a room's available with the old discount (extra 5% off I believe than what's being offered now). Or go through Orbitz...

I'm happy to have switched over to the Epcot resort area after a year of resort changing to/fro Poly. :) It's just relaxing to watch the tikiman reports from a distance and think how nice it will be to stay there in February 2016! We switched away from Poly in 2/14, to Poly in 3/14, to Poly in 1/15 and now away from Poly in 4/15. I was happy with every decision! Our oldest, however, disapproves of the switch away from both Poly and CR (not seriously) saying he's been "vetoed!" Ideally, I'd have everyone on board, but the lower cost, availability of CL with AP discount, and convenience of BC is a great fit for us right now. I don't think I'll change - except if BC GV CL becomes available - I'd take that over standard CL!

And Koh, for SWW, BWI is perfect!

Last edited:
I'm happy to have switched over to the Epcot resort area after a year of resort changing to/fro Poly. :) It's just relaxing to watch the tikiman reports from a distance and think how nice it will be to stay there in February 2016! We switched away from Poly in 2/14, to Poly in 3/14, to Poly in 1/15 and now away from Poly in 4/15. I was happy with every decision! Our oldest, however, disapproves of the switch away from both Poly and CL (not seriously) saying he's been "vetoed!" Ideally, I'd have everyone on board, but the lower cost, availability of CL with AP discount, and convenience of BC is a great fit for us right now. I don't think I'll change - except if BC GV CL becomes available - I'd take that over standard CL!

And Koh, for SWW, BWI is perfect!
I also changed from Poly GV CL 2014 & 2015. Last year I even was upgraded to LV CL....with the construction view..ummm no LOL I really am looking forward to an EPCOT trip. BC is fresh and new for everyone. And Poly 2016 is a great idea!!! I've learned it is near impossible to make everyone happy...my two youngest are asking for OKW again

Back to thinking about a LV Studio at the Poly. :-) Maybe I will order the ingredients for POG juice and make my own for DS. Along with pineapple and croissants, some goldfish crackers, and a couple bottles of wine, and we'll be all set. ;-) Cheaper than the extra $500 or so for CL too...

Free laundry, split bathroom so more can get ready at the same time in the mornings, and a view of the beach and water (even with the bungalows) and I think I will be pretty happy. :-)

Back to thinking about a LV Studio at the Poly. :-) Maybe I will order the ingredients for POG juice and make my own for DS. Along with pineapple and croissants, some goldfish crackers, and a couple bottles of wine, and we'll be all set. ;-) Cheaper than the extra $500 or so for CL too...

Free laundry, split bathroom so more can get ready at the same time in the mornings, and a view of the beach and water (even with the bungalows) and I think I will be pretty happy. :-)
The studios at Poly have free laundry? Nice!

According to Tikiman, they will have a laundry facility in each DVC building with free access for those staying in those studios. Not exactly in room, but still better than toting it across the way and paying for it! :-)

According to Tikiman, they will have a laundry facility in each DVC building with free access for those staying in those studios. Not exactly in room, but still better than toting it across the way and paying for it! :-)
It's been awhile since we stayed DVC, and we've always done at least a 1 BR for the laundry.

I am sorry to be such a brat but I refuse to stay at a resort they are doing major construction at. Brings me back to when I cried at the GF. Hate looking at dirt and walls :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter