• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Yeah I hear you on the CL $$ ours is almost $200 more (per room) for CL using the TA's agency special. However it STILL saves us over 40% so that is my justification LOL

The rate is 40% less than normal rack rate you mean?

Looks like I might be staying put...Tikiman posted today and thinks the main pool could possibly open by April 1. I'm May 3 so I'm hoping I'm in the clear. Fingers crossed his guestimate is correct and that they don't have many rainy days and delays in construction. I'm going to wait it out I think!
Great news and you'll be well before the Quiet pool construction...Pixie dust that you're good to go in May!!

It took almost 6 months....all time record! It is like 2014 all over again, except last year it was Poly Gv CL with our magical upgrade to LV VL, then WL CL held for a bit until OKW. However I think I initially booked BC SV CL first before Poly...I know Poly will be beautiful and the pool will be awesome. The Paslettes have never done SAB, and it is so unfortunate the Poly won't be done until 2016 :( Next year I MUST MUST MUST let DH get back to Universal lol

An all time record, lol!! 6 mos! SAB is wonderful. We bring pool noodles for the lazy river. Watch out for the stairs to nowhere!! Our first stay we decided to swim on arrival night. Went straight to lazy river. It's deep! 8ft in parts. There is a set of stairs. they suddenly stop but I didn't know, so stepped off and down I went, ha. Hadn't planned on getting hair wet. Lol. It was a bit of a surprise expecting another step, and there was nothing. Daughter & friend got a good laugh.

So far I'm staying put. I'm good with main pool. But will watch updates. Last summer we did jump ship to GF. Really want to go back to Poly again. Haven't been since last room refurb! Next summer 2016 May be a YC stay, or WL.

We absolutely loved Universal last year, rides are amazing. And Portofino ahhh!! Still can't find the toilettries I packed :-(. I think they mysteriously disappeared from my checked luggage, strange.

Isn't the quiet pool construction supposed to start after the main pool is done then though?
Yes, but it's safe to say they won't be in the thick of it first week of May. The worst of it would be fall I think. If they finish the main pool April the dozers will move in summertime I bet :(

An all time record, lol!! 6 mos! SAB is wonderful. We bring pool noodles for the lazy river. Watch out for the stairs to nowhere!! Our first stay we decided to swim on arrival night. Went straight to lazy river. It's deep! 8ft in parts. There is a set of stairs. they suddenly stop but I didn't know, so stepped off and down I went, ha. Hadn't planned on getting hair wet. Lol. It was a bit of a surprise expecting another step, and there was nothing. Daughter & friend got a good laugh.

So far I'm staying put. I'm good with main pool. But will watch updates. Last summer we did jump ship to GF. Really want to go back to Poly again. Haven't been since last room refurb! Next summer 2016 May be a YC stay, or WL.

We absolutely loved Universal last year, rides are amazing. And Portofino ahhh!! Still can't find the toilettries I packed :-(. I think they mysteriously disappeared from my checked luggage, strange.
Portofino LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Those beds!!! Duly noted on the lazy river YIKES

Ok so I know you guys will understand me here...I have been planning a September 2015 trip to WDW since September 2014. It's been 3 years now since we have gone so I want it to be what we want and what works out the best. There are 6 of us, 2 adults and the 4 Disney adults and the following has been the chain of events so far:
September 2014 we talked about staying at ASMu in a suite and keeping it low cost
October 2014 We booked at CBR; 2 rooms 9/12-9/19
December 2014 We added a day 9/12-9/20
January 2015 We added hoppers
February 2015 We added WP&M and a day 9/11-9/20 10 day tickets (dates are now set because airfare was purchased)

So here we are now and here is what I am considering...dh and I had talked about moving to Fort Wilderness in the Cabins to save $700, but he wants to stay somewhere new (still an option though). The next option is to stay at a value in two rooms, but if free dining comes out (not a must but it would be nice) then we would want to upgrade and it would cut the savings from $1,400 to about $400. The last option is to stay at AoA in a suite (the girls would go crazy), however again we would be upgrading free dining if they do it and so we would actually end up paying $200 more to stay in a value (not sure it is worth it although the girls would say it was).

I also thought about doing away with the WP&M to make AoA level with CBR, but I am not sure if I like this idea either. I am so indecisive lol what would you guys do if you were me...stay at the mod...move to the cabins even though we have been there (we did like it, but that was a different kind of trip when we cooked a lot) or move to AoA for the girls? This is already an expensive trip so I am not sold on changing to AoA and paying more even if it is just a little because I feel it is downgrading and paying more...also we have never had hoppers or WP&M so I am not sure if that is something we will really like...

AHHHH the choices are too much lol

Ok so I know you guys will understand me here...I have been planning a September 2015 trip to WDW since September 2014. It's been 3 years now since we have gone so I want it to be what we want and what works out the best. There are 6 of us, 2 adults and the 4 Disney adults and the following has been the chain of events so far:
September 2014 we talked about staying at ASMu in a suite and keeping it low cost
February 2015 We added WP&M and a day 9/11-9/20 10 day tickets (dates are now set because airfare was purchased)

So here we are now and here is what I am considering...dh and I had talked about moving to Fort Wilderness in the Cabins to save $700, but he wants to stay somewhere new (still an option though). The next option is to stay at a value in two rooms, but if free dining comes out (not a must but it would be nice) then we would want to upgrade and it would cut the savings from $1,400 to about $400. The last option is to stay at AoA in a suite (the girls would go crazy), however again we would be upgrading free dining if they do it and so we would actually end up paying $200 more to stay in a value (not sure it is worth it although the girls would say it was).

I also thought about doing away with the WP&M to make AoA level with CBR, but I am not sure if I like this idea either. I am so indecisive lol what would you guys do if you were me...stay at the mod...move to the cabins even though we have been there (we did like it, but that was a different kind of trip when we cooked a lot) or move to AoA for the girls? This is already an expensive trip so I am not sold on changing to AoA and paying more even if it is just a little because I feel it is downgrading and paying more...also we have never had hoppers or WP&M so I am not sure if that is something we will really like...

I honestly would wait for discounts to come out and re-evaluate your choices. AoA suites are usually included in the general public discounts. IMO there is SO much more to do at FW than CBR. Welcome to the changers!!! I can understand wanting to stay somewhere new and different as well. We did Free Dining at the Cabins one year and it was terrific, I really didn't cook but we had nightly snacks and quick breakfasts in the room

I honestly would wait for discounts to come out and re-evaluate your choices. AoA suites are usually included in the general public discounts. IMO there is SO much more to do at FW than CBR. Welcome to the changers!!! I can understand wanting to stay somewhere new and different as well. We did Free Dining at the Cabins one year and it was terrific, I really didn't cook but we had nightly snacks and quick breakfasts in the room

See and that is where we are leaning because we had a great time there and went canoeing and horseback riding...I just don't know anything about AoA other than my girls are dying to stay in a Lion King suite and I know they would be crazy excited...the thing that really got them was the underwater music...

I am just at a standstill because to me AoA is considered a value resort, but it is priced just lower than the cabins (with tickets it is 5347.42 vs 5405.78 for the cabins) and I am having a hard time justifying it.

Well, I have been quite the absent RC'er!! But that's because I haven't changed anything!! I think it must be a record. I booked our CR reservation on 7/31 and have made NO changes and now we are 60 days out!!

Looking forward to the trip, the winter has been harsh! Hope you are all well and keeping the changes alive! :)

Agree with Pas - wait for discounts and evaluate options. I can blame some of my changing on discount announcements - actually, many of them! As it stands now, I'd go with cabins over AOA, but that's because I need outdoor space - balcony, deck, something if it's more than one or two nights!

Well, I have been quite the absent RC'er!! But that's because I haven't changed anything!! I think it must be a record. I booked our CR reservation on 7/31 and have made NO changes and now we are 60 days out!!

Looking forward to the trip, the winter has been harsh! Hope you are all well and keeping the changes alive! :)

This is truly impressive! We're at CR for Easter Weekend (for now . . . ) so let us know if you have questions we can help answer for your stay!

Actually, I think we might stick with CR. Love the bay lake view. Love how the pool area is so quiet. And staying RPC at GF made me appreciate returning home late and just taking the elevator up to our room from the monorail. REALLY looking forward to that part. :)

P.S. Congrats on that new baby!!!! Would love to hear how it's going!

I'm excited to see what the discounts are for the fall. The "changer" in me says, upgrade when they come out! Of course there is always my beloved POFQ. Since I've already paid in full (today!), it's just all about how much more it'll cost.

Wow! That is a record! :) How is the little man doing? How is it having a baby in the house again?

Your trip is almost here! Yay! :)

So here's where I might change - still thinking about CL for Easter Weekend. We're looking at an additional $215 since it's a one-night stay. (I'm pretending there is no tax.) It's two hungry teens, a snacking 8-year-old and me. (You can tell I'm starting to justify this . . . ) So we'd grab breakfast on arrival day, then afternoon snacks and evening appetizers that night after MK and before Garden Grill. Add in a glass of wine for me. Then add castle projection show from the lounge. Breakfast on Easter morning (no need to rush to a breakfast ADR and none of our kids particularly love breakfast anyway) and then appetizers before we leave for the airport. Lounge time for our youngest is also relevant - he needs down time and loves making friends. Pas, you said $200 extra a night for CL, right? But you'll probably see a discount by the time you get there . . .

Agree with Pas - wait for discounts and evaluate options. I can blame some of my changing on discount announcements - actually, many of them! As it stands now, I'd go with cabins over AOA, but that's because I need outdoor space - balcony, deck, something if it's more than one or two nights!

This is truly impressive! We're at CR for Easter Weekend (for now . . . ) so let us know if you have questions we can help answer for your stay!

Actually, I think we might stick with CR. Love the bay lake view. Love how the pool area is so quiet. And staying RPC at GF made me appreciate returning home late and just taking the elevator up to our room from the monorail. REALLY looking forward to that part. :)

P.S. Congrats on that new baby!!!! Would love to hear how it's going!
Thank you! We have a bay lake view....TPV never became available under military discount. I am at peace with it, lol!

The baby is doing great! He is quite the chunky fellow at 6 weeks old. He is really starting the smiling and cooing, so that's fun. I can't wait to deploy his vacation wardrobe!

Wow! That is a record! :) How is the little man doing? How is it having a baby in the house again?

Your trip is almost here! Yay! :)
It's crazy having a baby again! The girls love him so much though. They can't wait for him to go to Disney!

I'm a little stressed about packing....babies have so much stuff, lol!

With the ages of your kids, I think AoA suites would be too squisy. The pull outs in living room are (IMO) more for young kids. So you'd be better in 2 rooms, either in value or mod. Or the cabins.
We would never go without hoppers. Too restricting, and we often go to a different park in the evening, even if just for dining. WP will be great in Sept when it's so hot. And WDw water parks are amazing. Very well themed. Unlike other water parks where you just see slides/structures, at a wdw water park all structures are hidden in their theming.

I also agree with waiting till discounts come out. If you book a room only now, and free dining comes out, you'll just have to cancel reservation anyway and rebook a package. And booking rack rate works against you if you're looking for discounts. WDW only now releases discounts where needed. If they see a resort is booking well, they may exclude it or give a reduced discount. No need for them to discount a resort that is filling up.

So here's where I might change - still thinking about CL for Easter Weekend. We're looking at an additional $215 since it's a one-night stay. (I'm pretending there is no tax.) It's two hungry teens, a snacking 8-year-old and me. (You can tell I'm starting to justify this . . . ) So we'd grab breakfast on arrival day, then afternoon snacks and evening appetizers that night after MK and before Garden Grill. Add in a glass of wine for me. Then add castle projection show from the lounge. Breakfast on Easter morning (no need to rush to a breakfast ADR and none of our kids particularly love breakfast anyway) and then appetizers before we leave for the airport. Lounge time for our youngest is also relevant - he needs down time and loves making friends. Pas, you said $200 extra a night for CL, right? But you'll probably see a discount by the time you get there . . .
I did, and that's with the discount LOL. I justify it with the convenience and the extra space of the lounge. And at CR CL you get to see the bestest view of Wishes! It's like have a private tomorrowland dessert party :) My kids have always enjoyed the snack room so for me it's worth it. Maybe not in $$$ but in smiles <3 I can't wait to hit the BC lounge, their reviews have skyrocketed :)

I did, and that's with the discount LOL. I justify it with the convenience and the extra space of the lounge. And at CR CL you get to see the bestest view of Wishes! It's like have a private tomorrowland dessert party :) My kids have always enjoyed the snack room so for me it's worth it. Maybe not in $$$ but in smiles <3 I can't wait to hit the BC lounge, their reviews have skyrocketed :)

Pas, I did it! Still a little creeped out by the total price, but I cancelled three ADRs to justify it. One was lunch in the trip, one was Easter morning and one was lunch during our CR stay. We'll just grab CS for those lunches. Also totaled up the savings on wine, snacks, breakfast, etc and then considered the time saved Easter morning by not dragging everyone out for a breakfast ADR. Your comment regarding a private Wishes dessert party and the value of the smiles really sealed it. Already enjoying the smiles when I told our youngest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter