As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

I am new to this thread, but I have now decided that I am not crazy and their are others like me out there! After our first trip in June 2014 we decided that we were going to come back sooner rather than later. We tried for this past summer, but didn't work out then tried to do this December, but with a change in a job position at work that made it not capable of going at that time, we have decided on this July. No turning back as we have already purchased plane tickets! We have decided on the dates of July 8-15, 2016. First started off with booking preferred at Port Orleans Riverside (we have a family of 5) then decided that we enjoyed the extra room at All Star Music Family suite when we went in 2014 so I switched. After thinking awhile I had thought about it and decided that we would change to Caribbean Beach so I went to the nice change reservation button in MDE and changed it again. Well last night after talking to hubby, we decided to change things again. We had the dining plan booked along with our reservation, but after a lot of looking and thinking we decided that we didn't want to do a sit down every day and that most of the time the kids would share a plate, so there went the dining plan. So with saving money taking off the dining plan, we change resorts again and booked a Garden View Room at the Yatch Club! This is where we are set for now, but who knows what will happen when discounts come out!

I am new to this thread, but I have now decided that I am not crazy and their are others like me out there! After our first trip in June 2014 we decided that we were going to come back sooner rather than later. We tried for this past summer, but didn't work out then tried to do this December, but with a change in a job position at work that made it not capable of going at that time, we have decided on this July. No turning back as we have already purchased plane tickets! We have decided on the dates of July 8-15, 2016. First started off with booking preferred at Port Orleans Riverside (we have a family of 5) then decided that we enjoyed the extra room at All Star Music Family suite when we went in 2014 so I switched. After thinking awhile I had thought about it and decided that we would change to Caribbean Beach so I went to the nice change reservation button in MDE and changed it again. Well last night after talking to hubby, we decided to change things again. We had the dining plan booked along with our reservation, but after a lot of looking and thinking we decided that we didn't want to do a sit down every day and that most of the time the kids would share a plate, so there went the dining plan. So with saving money taking off the dining plan, we change resorts again and booked a Garden View Room at the Yatch Club! This is where we are set for now, but who knows what will happen when discounts come out!
You will love it there! They are refurbishing the rooms so I don't know where they will be at that point, right now they are doing the CL lounge on the 5th floor and they start with the 5th floor rooms and work downward. There is a most excellent YC/BC thread with some really nice peeps over there. SAB is amazing, by far the best pool in WDW!!

HI all! :wave2:
So happy to have found this thread! My name is Kelly and I'm a change-o-holic. ::yes::. Currently I have 2 trips planned for 2016 and here is my change history so far..
June 2-7, originally 3-7, WL SV, added a night for RO at Pop, with a split stay at WL CYV, then cancelled Pop to WL only 6/3-7 WL CYV. I think that one is gonna stick :laughing:

Trip 2 changed dates a couple of times, are now set at 9/29-10/6 originally booked at WL, changed to Poly SV, changed again to Poly studio villa.

So happy to have found that I'm not alone! There are just too many choices!!!

Last edited:
Why, why, why??? I am now second guessing our cruise. I could book Poly CL for the 8 nights we are going to be down there and be all paid off, AND have $400 coming back to us!!! I don't know what is spurring this. DH would be sooooo disappointed as he's looking forward to the cruise. ACK!!! Why???

But, I would finally get my Poly CL stay....:cloud9:

HI all! :wave2:
So happy to have found this thread! My name is Kelly and I'm a change-o-holic. ::yes::. Currently I have 2 trips planned for 2016 and here is my change history so far..
June 2-7, originally 3-7, WL SV, added a night for RO at Pop, with a split stay at WL CYV, then cancelled Pop to WL only 6/3-7 WL CYV. I think that one is gonna stick :laughing:

Trip 2 changed dates a couple of times, are now set at 9/29-10/6 originally booked at WL, changed to Poly SV, changed again to Poly studio villa.

So happy to have found that I'm not alone! There are just too many choices!!!
WL is awesome! I just get so nervous about construction. We have Poly booked for the summer, but I really want to switch to BC/YC decisions, decisions.....

Why, why, why??? I am now second guessing our cruise. I could book Poly CL for the 8 nights we are going to be down there and be all paid off, AND have $400 coming back to us!!! I don't know what is spurring this. DH would be sooooo disappointed as he's looking forward to the cruise. ACK!!! Why???

But, I would finally get my Poly CL stay....:cloud9:
Oh my friend, that's a tough one! Maybe talk DH into a cruise when little man is a little older and really can get the most out of the kids clubs :) (might work) Savings and 8 nights at Poly....but they are still doing the Oasis pool construction which is right next to Hawaii...Oh, I am not helping at all, am I???

WL is awesome! I just get so nervous about construction. We have Poly booked for the summer, but I really want to switch to BC/YC decisions, decisions.....

Oh my friend, that's a tough one! Maybe talk DH into a cruise when little man is a little older and really can get the most out of the kids clubs :) (might work) Savings and 8 nights at Poly....but they are still doing the Oasis pool construction which is right next to Hawaii...Oh, I am not helping at all, am I???

Yeah, I brought it up to DH, and he responded with a big, fat NO. He 100% wants the cruise, so cruise we shall have. 2017 will be our full Poly stay for our 15th wedding anniversary. :)

Yeah, I brought it up to DH, and he responded with a big, fat NO. He 100% wants the cruise, so cruise we shall have. 2017 will be our full Poly stay for our 15th wedding anniversary. :)
The positive is Poly will be completed by then :) Wow 15 years! Time flies, doesn't it? The parks are so crowded in April, the cruise is probably a stellar choice, Jay really has never steered you wrong before :)

Can you believe I leave tomorrow???

The positive is Poly will be completed by then :) Wow 15 years! Time flies, doesn't it? The parks are so crowded in April, the cruise is probably a stellar choice, Jay really has never steered you wrong before :)

Can you believe I leave tomorrow???

OMG, I hope you are having an AMAZING trip!!

It only took me 5 days to make a change. :laughing: I went from book ASSp to POFQ and added an extra day. Now I just need to find a smashing deal on flights.

I keep second guessing where we are going to stay and if we want to do the dining plan! Switched back to Caribbean Beach with dining plan because each of my kids want to do a character dinner (or breakfast), but now wondering if it is even worth doing the plan and just paying OOP for these dinners. Probably should just leave what I have for right now and decide when discounts are released. This is one big problem with an over planner, my brain won't stop thinking of different combinations and ideas!

Switched our last 2 nights from AKL CL over to GF. Got the letter from AKL regarding construction during our stay and jumped ship.

Trying to get excited about GF now...it was the only available option around the same price...

Switched our last 2 nights from AKL CL over to GF. Got the letter from AKL regarding construction during our stay and jumped ship.

Trying to get excited about GF now...it was the only available option around the same price...
Are you CL? I can give you LOTS to get excited over ;)

I wish!! But, DH didn't want to increase the cost of the trip so its just garden view. It was the same price as our AKL room....
I think you'll love it! The castle is so close. The grounds are gorgeous, the room for all the baby stuff, it's much bigger than AKL rooms. And it is not as big of a resort as AKL. No animals, but it is still simply Grand :)

I think you'll love it! The castle is so close. The grounds are gorgeous, the room for all the baby stuff, it's much bigger than AKL rooms. And it is not as big of a resort as AKL. No animals, but it is still simply Grand :)

The rooms will seem huge after our cabin on the cruise I'm sure!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter