As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Hello Stranger!!!
And, doesn't the agency deal include the GF as well?

Hi there!!

The deal does include the GF but it was over $350 more which I know in the scheme of things isn't much and if it was any other year, I wouldn't care and would just pay it. But with my youngest DD graduating this year and going off to college, there's a lot of stuff that the extra $$ could be spent on.

BTW.... Happy Birthday to your little guy - a year already!!

Just popping in to say that our little man is officially a 1 year old today!!! I can't believe it!!
:bday::cake:to the little Prince!
Here I go again....

Currently booked in August at the BC, standard view room under the agency deal and have been booked for months. We love the BC and haven't stayed there as a family in a few years so it was a no brainer when the great deal came out (so I thought).

The problem?? Well, as much as I love the BC, I've never stayed there in a regular standard view room - always a garden view or always in CL and knowing there are quite a few "not-so-great" standard views, I can't help but think I'll be miserable if we get stuck in one of those so I keep thinking about switching to the GF, garden view room. DH says I'm crazy and is insisting we stay put since this is supposed to be a "budget" trip. I, on the other hand, keep thinking if I scale back the trip by a day and move to the GF, budget will be a moot point. Girls are no help either as they are torn - one prefers the BC while the other prefers the GF but neither want to scale back a day so they are siding with dad...ugh....LOL! To change or not to change?? That is the question :upsidedow.
I wouldn't worry about the view. Honestly we had a wonderful view however most of our time in the room was asleep. My girls also side with Daddy, but after our last trip it will be GF all the way. If you save an extra $60 over the next 6 months....or buy some Disney gift cards from Target with a Red Card....just saying. Good luck it's a tough choice. If I wasn't at GF I'd be at BC :)

Hi there!!

The deal does include the GF but it was over $350 more which I know in the scheme of things isn't much and if it was any other year, I wouldn't care and would just pay it. But with my youngest DD graduating this year and going off to college, there's a lot of stuff that the extra $$ could be spent on.

BTW.... Happy Birthday to your little guy - a year already!!

Thank you!!!

You have a tough decision to make!! We are staying at GF in April, so I can't wait to see how it compares to the rest of the resorts. :)

:bday::cake:to the little Prince!
I wouldn't worry about the view. Honestly we had a wonderful view however most of our time in the room was asleep. My girls also side with Daddy, but after our last trip it will be GF all the way. If you save an extra $60 over the next 6 months....or buy some Disney gift cards from Target with a Red Card....just saying. Good luck it's a tough choice. If I wasn't at GF I'd be at BC :)

Thank you!!!! :)

My changeritis has struck again. I just changed my June reservation at WL to a TPV at the Contemporary. Which came with a nice upgrade in price....oy. Oh well :rotfl2:My son (who is going with me) and I had a lengthy discussion about all the construction at WL and decided we didn't want to stay there for the first time with all that is going on. The funny part is that it took us both FOREVER to decide where to move to, at least we are both the same so he understands my madness! First time staying at the Contemporary :hyper:

My changeritis has struck again. I just changed my June reservation at WL to a TPV at the Contemporary. Which came with a nice upgrade in price....oy. Oh well :rotfl2:My son (who is going with me) and I had a lengthy discussion about all the construction at WL and decided we didn't want to stay there for the first time with all that is going on. The funny part is that it took us both FOREVER to decide where to move to, at least we are both the same so he understands my madness! First time staying at the Contemporary :hyper:
I approve of this change, but ouch on the upgraded price ;)

I approve of this change, but ouch on the upgraded price ;)

Thanks! I have a UOC that I was able to apply to the new reservation, which helped a bit, but in our discussions we both agreed we wanted to stay in the main bldg, not an outer bldg, so hence the TPV :rolleyes1. But I'm looking on the bright side, at least I can mark " stay in a theme park view room". Off my bucket list !

... :wave2:

hi! typing one handed so sorry for any typos

in non disney news, our dd leighton victoria was born jan 9, 1.5 weeks late. she was 7lbs 6oz and after a rough delivery she's now doing well.

in disney news, we have two trips planned. one for the end of april for dd1's birthday. we're only going for a long weekend and have planned some beach time on either side of the weekend. our big trip currently is being planned for december 30-january 6th. yes, we're going over new years. this is all new to us and we're excited to see disney during the holidays.

for our april trip, we're staying at Pop. its our standard and it does what we need it to do. now for december, we have a deposit down for port orleans riverside in a royal room, but just this morning we've requested a dvc villa. we won't know whats available until next month, but i'm really pulling for animal kingdom lodge.:thumbsup2 we have a total of 12 people going so t-shirts a must.

happy trip planning!

... :wave2:

hi! typing one handed so sorry for any typos

in non disney news, our dd leighton victoria was born jan 9, 1.5 weeks late. she was 7lbs 6oz and after a rough delivery she's now doing well.

in disney news, we have two trips planned. one for the end of april for dd1's birthday. we're only going for a long weekend and have planned some beach time on either side of the weekend. our big trip currently is being planned for december 30-january 6th. yes, we're going over new years. this is all new to us and we're excited to see disney during the holidays.

for our april trip, we're staying at Pop. its our standard and it does what we need it to do. now for december, we have a deposit down for port orleans riverside in a royal room, but just this morning we've requested a dvc villa. we won't know whats available until next month, but i'm really pulling for animal kingdom lodge.:thumbsup2 we have a total of 12 people going so t-shirts a must.

happy trip planning!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!:hug:princess:princess::love:

thanks! it's different to have a newborn in the house again, but DD is loving her sister. its fun to watch.

speaking of art of animation, i've switched our resort solely on the fact that DD and/or the baby could have her own room with a door ;-) and we won't have to be tip towing around in the evenings. i would only cancel if a dvc pops up that we love and its a good deal. otherwise, we're staying put.

Hi all! So glad I found this thread :). We've been to Disney oodles of times and I've never really thought I was a resort changer ;). However.....I have an upcoming trip in June for just DH and myself and it goes like this:

Initial reservation: POFQ GV room.
Upgraded to River view room
Changed resort to CSR business King
Decided I needed AKL so changed to standard view to try and save a little $$$.
Upgraded to AKL Savannah CL.

Now......I am rethinking this and thinking just maybe I need to go back to the CSR Business King reservation because it would be just fine I think (never stayed business there).

Do I have a problem lol?

Hi all! So glad I found this thread :). We've been to Disney oodles of times and I've never really thought I was a resort changer ;). However.....I have an upcoming trip in June for just DH and myself and it goes like this:

Now......I am rethinking this and thinking just maybe I need to go back to the CSR Business King reservation because it would be just fine I think (never stayed business there).

Do I have a problem lol?

Wow those are tough choices! The changes you've made are SO much like me! If was just me and the DH I would totally go for AK CL. But then probably change my mind at some point :rotfl:

We're here for support!!

Do I have a problem lol?
With the refurb at AKL, I would avoid CL at this point. I love AKL but I dislike construction. The haven't started it yet, but you're traveling around when the CL lounge may be relocated. For just you and your DH I would do CSR BC King. The location of the building is supposed to be convenient. POFQ looks romantic and there's the boat to Disney Springs..I am not helping...AKL is gorgeous but I would not chance CL to be near the refurb

Haha! Fun thread!

I hope to be a resort changer soon: that will mean that I can afford more than a Value (God willing, very soon)
Hey you can change values too ;) If you are reading this....you may be a resort changer :) WELCOME!

Wow those are tough choices! The changes you've made are SO much like me! If was just me and the DH I would totally go for AK CL. But then probably change my mind at some point :rotfl:

We're here for support!!
And enabling!!

Did I announce my ch-ch-change??? BYE Sugarloaf, we are headed across the lagoon to the Poly CL. DH is happy, which is always good. He picked our OKW and BC CL stay so he's 2 for 2. It does look pretty now :)

With the refurb at AKL, I would avoid CL at this point.

Doh!! Totally forgot about he AK construction. :(

And enabling!!

:thumbsup2

Did I announce my ch-ch-change??? BYE Sugarloaf, we are headed across the lagoon to the Poly CL. DH is happy, which is always good. He picked our OKW and BC CL stay so he's 2 for 2. It does l

Very nice change! I dream of staying CL some day :cloud9:

Maybe I will look into other options :(. I even spoke to a CM that assured me I wouldn't be affected in June.....

Maybe I will look into other options :(. I even spoke to a CM that assured me I wouldn't be affected in June.....
Definitely peruse the CL and AKL threads on the resort boards. I know Tgrlvspooh is booked for April, so she will be able to help! I think I read done by summer by not an actual date :/

And I did do some AKL CL research, and it looks like the plan is for it to be completed the middle of May :)

And now I want to change to AKL CL :)

ummm I am a resort changer when we booked Disney trip last year...can I chime in on this thread for non disney trips? Is second guessing accomodations addicting no matter WHERE you go??
Denver trip in 2 weeks I convinced my FIL to switch :-)rolleyes1-going for a college visit/check out a school-)was in a residence inn now in a 3 bedroom house...
Did the same thing for upcoming mom/dtr trip to Washington DC (started in a hotel, currently in a VRBO 2 bedroom condo, and now orginal hotel came with great offer/discount...but haven't switched-yet).

Just want to say this addiction to switching isn't limited to Disney (I may have a problem:rotfl2:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter