• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Congrats Piglet!

Nikki, I'd actually go with CBR, but it's been quite a while since we stayed there. Enjoyed the theme, like how the new rooms look, the pool improvements look significant. We've stayed in all the mods and all the values except movies, and our kids put CBR at the top of the list the next time we stay at a mod.

Did everyone see the thread regarding reducing nights on your reservation? Interesting to see the change, and will impact my resort changing!
I did see that. I am so glad my TA had no issue shortening our reservation on Monday. I am not sure if the new policy would apply to the "magical" agency exclusive offers. I've been stuck before at Universal trying to change dates as well. The other thing that slows me down there is if you change resorts it's a new deposit...cha-ching. Makes you think...do you think it's our fault since we keep breaking the computer system??:rolleyes1 It will really affect us changers though. I book longer usually, but only because my dates aren't usually firmed up until our vacation time and my DH's oncall schedule is approved.

Hi everybody-
I can't believe I just discovered this thread! I feel like I belong!
We're booked for our first family trip in November (I've been three times before but not in over a decade). I'm a serial resort changer apparently. Is there hope for someone like me?

We started out in CSR. Switched to AoA LM, switched to AKL standard, switched to CBR, switched to CR and are currently booked at AoA Cars suite but I have my eye on an AKL bunk bed room. Eeek...is that really bad?

The story: we're a family of four. DH is a bit of a cheapo and will always choose based on price, 4 year old son loves Cars, 2 year old son loves animals and I love luxury but also a happy family :)

We'll be driving and staying for 6 nights. My boys absolutely no matter what cannot share a bed or none of us gets a wink of sleep (2 year old is wild in bed).

What we seek: I would love the price of a moderate (for DH) with Cars theming inside (for DS1) and views of animals (for DS2) with the convenience of a monorail and a deluxe feel (for me), and three separate sleeping spots so the kids don't have to share (for the sake of all of our sanity).

Stick with AoA Cars suite or switch to AKL bunk room? I'm always open to a wild card, too! Which is why I'm here. I have a problem right? I need to just stick with something at some point!
Ok I like your dream resort...AKL on the monorail with a separate kids space LOL Would your DS4 mind an upper bunk? If so I woulddo AKL Bunk room. It might be similarly priced to AoA and the animals are so cool. Plus there's lots of kids activities at AKL. However, I would LOVE to do a Cars suite. We are a family of 7 so we don't fit :( Have you considered POR with the trundle bed?? Just a thought...wait, does CBR have trundles now?

I think a Cars Suite sounds like the perfect fit for your family. It's just so Disney and your boys are the perfect age for it!
I tend to agree on this one, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE AKL

Sorry about your car but OMG Congrats on the baby!! We leave on Saturday with our little guy....should be interesting!!
Have a magical trip Candace!

I did see that. I am so glad my TA had no issue shortening our reservation on Monday. I am not sure if the new policy would apply to the "magical" agency exclusive offers. I've been stuck before at Universal trying to change dates as well. The other thing that slows me down there is if you change resorts it's a new deposit...cha-ching. Makes you think...do you think it's our fault since we keep breaking the computer system??:rolleyes1 It will really affect us changers though. I book longer usually, but only because my dates aren't usually firmed up until our vacation time and my DH's oncall schedule is approved.

Ok I like your dream resort...AKL on the monorail with a separate kids space LOL Would your DS4 mind an upper bunk? If so I woulddo AKL Bunk room. It might be similarly priced to AoA and the animals are so cool. Plus there's lots of kids activities at AKL. However, I would LOVE to do a Cars suite. We are a family of 7 so we don't fit :( Have you considered POR with the trundle bed?? Just a thought...wait, does CBR have trundles now?

I tend to agree on this one, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE AKL

Have a magical trip Candace!

Thank you!! :goodvibes

The trip is underway, and already I realize how much bringing a baby changes things. He did so well though, especially since we've been up since 3 am. :eek:

Hoping everyone gets a good nights sleep tonight (well...good enough...little guy still isn't sleeping through the night) and tomorrow we start anew!

Kind of undecided on my thoughts about the CR....:confused:

DH nixed my idea of the DIS party at US…He said I already have the Disney trip this year… :-/ Maybe I will think about adding a day at US/IOA for a girls'/adults trip in a couple years for my 40th… MNSSHP, F&W at WDW, night on the Boardwalk, and a day doing Harry Potter stuff!

HP is worth a trip and the express pass will make the day go so much smoother!!!

I must admit I am often partial to extending the trip even if it means dropping a room category... though comfort is also such a strong consideration. Is there any way to do a split? Just thinking the best of both worlds! Hope you find the perfect fit!

CONGRATS, piglet!!! Sorry about the car but what a great positive to come after a pookie negative!!!

I haven't done too much traveling while pregnant so this is new territory for me. I would be about 26 weeks during the trip if all goes well. :)

Second trimester is often the easiest! I did a lot of island-hopping when prejudgers with our first (we were living in Hawaii) and with our second I was all over the historical places in the Mid-Atlantic... trying to get everything in before getting too big! Disney might be a fun place to make the gender announcement (if you are going to find out!)

The trip is underway, and already I realize how much bringing a baby changes things. He did so well though, especially since we've been up since 3 am. :eek:

Hoping everyone gets a good nights sleep tonight (well...good enough...little guy still isn't sleeping through the night) and tomorrow we start anew!

YAY! So glad your trip is going well but it is CRAZY how different touring with a wee one is! Totally a different pace and focus!

Hope you end up enjoying CR!!!

*~*
I hope everyone is well! We spent the last week near Tokyo for hubby's work and I had the chance to explore the crazy city (seriously, Harajuku is wild) and to spend a day at Tokyo Disney - such fun! It's so much like Disneyland but still so different. One major difference: no one took flash photos on the dark rides!!!! :worship: One thing I missed is that no one seems to scream/laugh/make noise on coasters - seriously, standing next to BTMR and it was practically silent! :confused3 The popcorn flavors are fun (loved honey and carmel, couldn't bring myself to try soy sauce or curry), the characters are obscure (Esmerelda, Three Caballeros, Sheriff of Nottingham...) and they mob v. line up (saw princesses and princes but couldn't get close). We will be heading back to Tokyo in June and plan on doing DisneySea then. One major thing we learned - better to pay to take the bus than to ride the train during rush hours - INSANITY!!!!:crowded:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Please post your thoughts when you get home! And yes, the baby thing is a whole different trip, I hope you make good use of the baby care centers for a break for the little prince. The youngest baby I've traveled with was 9 months and I have also done the preggers with a baby too LOL Hope he sleeps well the rest of the trip so everyone has lots of energy for the parks!!! Have fun!

I hope everyone is well! We spent the last week near Tokyo for hubby's work and I had the chance to explore the crazy city (seriously, Harajuku is wild) and to spend a day at Tokyo Disney - such fun! It's so much like Disneyland but still so different. One major difference: no one took flash photos on the dark rides!!!! :worship: One thing I missed is that no one seems to scream/laugh/make noise on coasters - seriously, standing next to BTMR and it was practically silent! :confused3 The popcorn flavors are fun (loved honey and carmel, couldn't bring myself to try soy sauce or curry), the characters are obscure (Esmerelda, Three Caballeros, Sheriff of Nottingham...) and they mob v. line up (saw princesses and princes but couldn't get close). We will be heading back to Tokyo in June and plan on doing DisneySea then. One major thing we learned - better to pay to take the bus than to ride the train during rush hours - INSANITY!!!!:crowded:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Sounds quite a bit different from the "World" we are used to here. But still very cool...I guess us Americans are just "louder" LOL

hope you get some rest!!

so excited to be joining the league of resort changers! (actually, I've been in the club for a while--last trip we were booked at POP, decided we wanted to upgrade to a preferred room, and that was only slightly cheaper than a king room at POR, so...--but I didn't realize there was *actually* a club!)

we're heading back to the world next Saturday (May 2nd). around January we booked a room at POP, in Feb we decided we wanted to do a split stay (spending the final few nights at YC). but then in March our dog and cat both got pretty sick. a surgery and some meds later they're fine, but we got stuck with some pricey vet bills, so we cancelled. Boo! that lasted a couple of weeks, but we were both really torn up about cancelling. we love WDW trips! and had really been looking forward to this one. so we crunched the numbers, got a lucky seat sale for our flight, and rebooked at ASSp. All was good until last Friday, when I found out I got a promotion I applied for ages ago! So to celebrate, I decided to check in on available room upgrades. After a couple calls to disney (even through the CMs, the glitches seem unbearable) we ended up upgrading to CSR business class a mere 7 days before the trip (partly because it was one of the very few options so close to our date. haha)! it does crack me up a bit that we keep booking values and jumping ship to mods/deluxes, and I'm so happy to have found my fellow, indecisive people!

Hi y'all-
Thanks for your feedback! I officially changed our reservation again to AKL but snagged FD so I think it will be our last change. Maybe...

So, another change. With all that is going on in the real world, we have made the move back to Pop Century. My mom booked her own room and so we will spread out more. Hoping for connecting rooms. We ended up with FD as well. So, no more changes. On a good note, the trip is paid for!! :flower1:

So, another change. With all that is going on in the real world, we have made the move back to Pop Century. My mom booked her own room and so we will spread out more. Hoping for connecting rooms. We ended up with FD as well. So, no more changes. On a good note, the trip is paid for!! :flower1:
Pop rocks :rockband::flower1:And PIF dance :banana:

It does! I feel very at peace with it all and we can't wait for September to arrive. :) Not too much longer.

So to celebrate, I decided to check in on available room upgrades. After a couple calls to disney (even through the CMs, the glitches seem unbearable) we ended up upgrading to CSR business class a mere 7 days before the trip (partly because it was one of the very few options so close to our date. haha)! it does crack me up a bit that we keep booking values and jumping ship to mods/deluxes, and I'm so happy to have found my fellow, indecisive people!

You will love CSR! We were there at Christmas and DH liked it as much as YC (he prefers YC but the price of CSR seems to put them in the same level overall) Have a great trip!

Hi y'all-
Thanks for your feedback! I officially changed our reservation again to AKL but snagged FD so I think it will be our last change. Maybe...

FD definitely limits changing options... but it means more fun changing ADRs!!! Once we grabbed FD for our Dec trip, I fixated on ADRs -- had to change something! Congrats and good luck with planning!

PIF!!! YAYAYAY!!!
Also, extra space is always a bonus!

One other minor detail --
I received a call this morning that another old friend from college is going to be in Disney the same time we are! They're staying at ASSp and we've decided to add a day to our Disney portion of the trip. No extra tickets or anything but we're planning on spending the evening together by the pool and then we'll be up nice and early the next day for EMH at MK! :yay:

I've never stayed at any of the All Stars before. I tried to get her to stay at Pop but she wasn't having it. Oh well, it'll be fun regardless.:flower1:

One other minor detail --
I received a call this morning that another old friend from college is going to be in Disney the same time we are! They're staying at ASSp and we've decided to add a day to our Disney portion of the trip. No extra tickets or anything but we're planning on spending the evening together by the pool and then we'll be up nice and early the next day for EMH at MK! :yay:

I've never stayed at any of the All Stars before. I tried to get her to stay at Pop but she wasn't having it. Oh well, it'll be fun regardless.:flower1:

That will be fun! It's always great to visit with friends and I'm starting to really enjoy resort days more and more!

99 days until vacation (Beach before WDW.....) BUT DOUBLE DIGIT DANCING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

OOOOH, love me some Gulf Beaches! Nothing like it! And yay for the whole trip getting closer and closer!

*~*
Hope everyone is doing well! We are in Friday night here and it's been a looooong week - winding down in the school year and activities... so much going on! DD1 started daycare today and did fantastically! Job options are thin here (limited because of visa issues) but I'm looking to go back to school... will be interesting as I work with the advisor to narrow down my focus.

HOPING to go to Tokyo and do a few days at the parks in June but it feels like everything is going against us! We will be staying in the city so DH isn't thrilled with the option of taking the train in (it's CRAZY during rush hour... seriously, Youtube videos don't do justice) and driving is laughable. I'm trying to convince him it's worth it but we'll see. For now, a girl can dream!!!

*HUGS* to all!

Cross your fingers for me, it looks like we may be heading back to Disney in November!!!

Mum booked OKW for the 9-16th of November today, but there's a chance we may still cancel depending on if Mum can get the time off work. Hopefully we'll get to go- OKW looks beautiful and it'll be so much fun to spend a week there during the Christmas season!!

Sooo I may have looked to see if any rooms at yacht club instead of Beach for our upcoming stay-no discounts :-)scared1:rack rate) so no switching. Just a wee moment of second thoughts on really wanting a balcony...but I doubt we will be in room enough to use it anyway as our SWW is pretty packed...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter