• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Good luck deciding but I find the discount usually drives my choice:car:!

Same here. I know it doesn't make any sense for me to keep booking a resort, only to change 5 times after Disney releases the discounts. I'll probably still do it anyway, but at least I know it doesn't make sense.

The "modify" feature on MDE is crazy dangerous for me! I'd change every day. Well, maybe not right now because I love WL CL so much right now. After we stayed at WL last month, our oldest was lobbying for me to change Easter weekend from BC CL to WL CL again. But I resisted - in part to mix it up, in part to visit Teena and see all the new renovations and in part for easy access to Epcot and DHS. I'm really glad we stuck with the WL CL/BC CL split.

Dimndgal we toured around Poly during January stay at POR, had to check out new lobby, and walked around. The new Lobby is nicer then I thought it would be. I liked it. Still not happy about bungalows, I liked the old beach view. At $2500/night they're way out of my price too! I'd have to sell my first born, lol! But it still felt like the Poly!
I'm looking forward to our Aug stay! And going to make the most of it before I get priced out ::yes::

Good to hear the feel is good! I'm hoping to have an excuse to check it out in a few years, even if it's just breakfast at Kona!!! Though, a bungalow would be nice :rolleyes1

We did it!!!! Just made the switch!!! We're staying at the Poly!!!!

Congrats! W00t!!! :rockband:

SO looking forward to the Poly!! 51 more days! woohoo!!!!

AND there are 4 open English positions in the high schools up for voluntary transfers. I applied at both high schools (one was where I was last year and has 1 opening; the other school is probably the better school and has 3 openings). I figure those are pretty good odds for me! :-)

:thumbsup2 Positive thoughts!

Hi changers!!! Sorry I am so behind here. I loved reading Pixarmom's WL and BC reviews. I try at least every other day to switch to WL CL, sometimes I can get DS14 to agree....but everyone else is enamored with BC CL so no changes for us :) We are PIF, and cannot get a better deal. I do not regret switching from Poly CL at all. DH has lost his Poly love, and my heart is more with the GF or WL so it's all good.

dimndgal There's lots of Hello Kitty love with the Pas girls here!

My latest endeavor will be planning a quick December getaway :) Since we have APs and all LOL

Hey, if they want to maximize their Kitty time, I have been told there are tours in Japan that will take you to all the sites Hello Kitty has to offer. DD7 is trying to convince us we need to do that this summer... I'm rooting for the beach. :cool2:
*sighs* APs!!!! Soooooo nice!!!!!

I'm looking for a new teaching job too…just got called for an interview next week. Good luck!

93 days for us! Good thing I just checked that I didn't realize it was so close to 80!

:thumbsup2 GOOD LUCK!!!!

Will be watching attentively!

~*~

We managed to go to Miyajima yesterday and I saw the tori 'flooded' - it reminded me so much of EPCOT that even DD7 said she expected to look through and see the golf ball. :goodvibes I really enjoy the island there; so many historical buildings and monuments, super friendly people, and a very cute aquarium. If you ever visit Japan, make the time to go there... you won't be disappointed. We head to Tokyo next Friday!!! So excited! Can't wait to surprise DD with a day at Disney - she thinks we're just doing work stuff and hanging around near the west side of the city. DD1 will be thrilled, too - she's in love with her plush Mickey and Baymax and becoming so animated!

Wanted to share some photos from last week in case you were interested. These are from around us:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Great photos!

Question for RCers. Conference/girls' weekend at Swan in June. We have at least two in our room, maybe four - but we're not sure yet. We want to have flexibility beyond what the conference organizers provide, so we are responsible for the cost of the room. Swan is $169/night (includes resort fee) but we're not guaranteed two beds with that rate. For $30 more/night, we get Swan with two queens. For $50 more, we get two queens and a balcony. You can see where this is going - enter Disney resorts. AKL is $70 more/night, WL is $100 more/night, YC is $120 more/night and BWI is $130 more/night. This may be split two, three or four ways. Spending most time in conference, at pool and in World Showcase. Thoughts?

Great photos!

Question for RCers. Conference/girls' weekend at Swan in June. We have at least two in our room, maybe four - but we're not sure yet. We want to have flexibility beyond what the conference organizers provide, so we are responsible for the cost of the room. Swan is $169/night (includes resort fee) but we're not guaranteed two beds with that rate. For $30 more/night, we get Swan with two queens. For $50 more, we get two queens and a balcony. You can see where this is going - enter Disney resorts. AKL is $70 more/night, WL is $100 more/night, YC is $120 more/night and BWI is $130 more/night. This may be split two, three or four ways. Spending most time in conference, at pool and in World Showcase. Thoughts?
I think if I 4 in a room a balcony would be nice to have.

AKL would prob be a std view and long transportation so , ah no.

It is hard with others. Do THEY want to spend more? I would do either yc/bwi. Yc if want pool time and BWI if walking to epcot more priority.

Good Luck

Great photos!

Are you ladies driving? The savings in MDE and no parking fees my make it worthwhile to stay officially onsite. WS, I would stay at BWI..but I do think AK would be nice as well. No worries using the buses if your kid-less....

Thanks, trish! Good point about balcony. Others are up for anything and deluxe resort-goers. I think I'll start focusing on Swan with balcony or YC/BWI.

Here we go again...

Last week, I switched POR (that was previously switched from SSR), and yesterday, I switched WL for the Poly...

We're leaving next friday. I have to close MDE!

Are you ladies driving? The savings in MDE and no parking fees my make it worthwhile to stay officially onsite. WS, I would stay at BWI..but I do think AK would be nice as well. No worries using the buses if your kid-less....

Flying in. I'm going to check conference rate for Mears and add that into the equation! Thanks, Pas!

Flying in. I'm going to check conference rate for Mears and add that into the equation! Thanks, Pas!
Just to add in re:AKL, babyberger did Standard view, close to lobby in March. She was right by the feeding stations and her view was awesome :)

Thanks pas and trish for the advice - we booked BWI! We're very excited - close to conference location (but gives us a little distance from it at the same time), balcony, close to World Showcase and we can take our drinks over to the BWI quiet pool - my favorite quiet pool! BC standard rooms were not available and YC was in the running, but the BWI rooms are currently more updated than YC and I'd feel bad at SAB without my kids.

Here we go again...

Last week, I switched POR (that was previously switched from SSR), and yesterday, I switched WL for the Poly...

We're leaving next friday. I have to close MDE!

As much as I love WL, I'll be excited to hear your Poly report! I'm planning to stop by in June to see Trader Sam's after a failed attempt during Spring Break - would love to hear any tips or suggestions you'll have to share!

Thanks pas and trish for the advice - we booked BWI! We're very excited - close to conference location (but gives us a little distance from it at the same time), balcony, close to World Showcase and we can take our drinks over to the BWI quiet pool - my favorite quiet pool! BC standard rooms were not available and YC was in the running, but the BWI rooms are currently more updated than YC and I'd feel bad at SAB without my kids.
:cloud9:pixiedust: awesome

As much as I love WL, I'll be excited to hear your Poly report! I'm planning to stop by in June to see Trader Sam's after a failed attempt during Spring Break - would love to hear any tips or suggestions you'll have to share!

I will definitely post my report on the Poly thread when I'm back on April 24th. Trader Sam's is on my list. Hopefully it's going to be open while we are there.

I'm a Poly fan, I've stayed there in 2012 and I'm excited about the new lobby, pool, jacuzzi, etc.

So, we're already thinking about our next trip, and the first week of November/some time in October for the Halloween party has come up. Which is better crowd wise? It probably won't be until next year as we can't afford to go again this year sadly.

But on the upside, if we go next year we'll have our pick of resorts at the 11 month window not whatever's left at 7 months!

I am so happy you went this way! As I read through, I was like "go for EPCOT area resort!" I think the balcony will be great and being near the conference but not at it 24/7 will be great. Fun!!!

So, we're already thinking about our next trip, and the first week of November/some time in October for the Halloween party has come up. Which is better crowd wise? It probably won't be until next year as we can't affor
But on the upside, if we go next year we'll have our pick of resorts at the 11 month window not whatever's left at 7 months!

I love the first week of November because it's often d-e-a-d and you can catch F&W. October seems to be slowly getting busier but that also means better hours/entertainment and it's still not CRAZY (save for Columbus weekend which I think coincides with Jersey week (?) ) I really enjoyed WDW at Halloween (though DL gets the win with the Nightmare overlay on HM). Hallowishes is cute and we def got more than enough candy from MNSSHP. Only gripe about early October is it can be hot and humid (we went end of Sept and it was ridonkulous hot... like 90s for two of our days). November often is better weather. Either way, you can't go wrong!

~*~

Hope all is well! Thanks for the kudos on the pics. I'm driving DH crazy because I seem to have a camera permanently affixed to my eye. No selfie sticks, though - can't bring myself to go that route and sort of over them since almost getting bonked by two recently. :grouphug: to all!

I went ahead and added the Quick Service dining plan back. I've crunched the numbers and it makes the most sense for my mom and I. The regular dining plan is just too much food for her and I and so we'll share many meals. Now that you can modify your reservation on MDE it's a lot easier to see what the total package price will be.

That isn't good for someone like myself! Haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter